Russian national competitions 2017-2018 | Golden Skate

Russian national competitions 2017-2018

Country
Russia
This thread is for info about competitions from National Calendar (except Senior and Junior Nationals and Final of Russian Cup)

Calendar of Russian national-level competitions http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/kalendar1718_revised090817.pdf

29 Aug - 01 Sep 2017, Moscow - Open Moscow (Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance). Opens the season, there are promising young skaters. High level especially of Ladies.

15-19 Sep 2017, Syzran (date and place updated) - 1st Event of Russian Cup (Senior&Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance). Russian Cup - qualifying comppetitions for Nationals (Senior) and Junior Nationals (Junior). Qualification rules like Grand Prix - sum of two best resuts.

12-16 Oct 2017, Yoshkar-Ola - 2nd Event of Russian Cup.

16-18 Oct 2017, Moscow - On Prizes of Moscow Federation, singles, Senior and Junior.

18-21 Oct 2017, StPeterburg - Memorial of Panin_Kolomenkin, (Senior&Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Junior and 1st Grade Dance).

27-31 Oct 2017, Sochi - 3rd Event of Russian Cup. (date changed)

07-11 Nov 2017, Kazan - 4th Event of Russian Cup.

09-11 Nov 2017, Moscow - Volkov Memorial, singles, boys and girls of age 12 and younger.

12-15 Nov 2017, Belgorod - A.Mishin's Cup, singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

21-25 Nov 2017, Moscow - 5th Event of Russian Cup.

24-26 Nov 2017, Saransk - "Mordovian Ornament", singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

27-29 Nov 2017, Tyumen - "Tyumen Meridian", singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

14-18 Dec 2017, Tolyatti - "Zhiguli", singles and Dance, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

19-24 Dec 2017, StPetersburg - Senior Nationals.

22-26 Jan 2018, Saransk - Junior Nationals.

29 Jan - 01 Feb 2018, Moscow - "on Prizes of E.Chaykovskaya" singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

19-23 Feb 2018, Velikiy Novgorod - Final of Russian Cup, all 4 disciplines, Senior, Junior.

27-28 Feb 2018, StPetersburg - Championships of StPetersburg, Senior Men, Ladies, Pairs.

13-17 Mar 2018, Tyumen - S.Zhuk Memorial, Nationals Younger Age (aka "baby Nationals", singles, two age groups - 11-12 y.o., 10 and younger).

26-31 Mar 2018, Stary Oskol, Final of Spartakiad of Sports Schools.

02-05 Apr 2018, Nationals Elder Age. (all 4 disciplines, juniors, age 2 years younger than International Juniors)

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
Calendar of Russian national-level competitions http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/kalendar1718.pdf

29 Aug - 01 Sep 2017, Moscow - Open Moscow (Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance). Opens the season, there are promising young skaters. High level especially of Ladies.

19-23 Sep 2017, Tolyatti - 1st Event of Russian Cup (Senior&Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance). Russian Cup - qualifying comppetitions for Nationals (Senior) and Junior Nationals (Junior). Qualification rules like Grand Prix - sum of two best resuts.

12-16 Oct 2017, Yoshkar-Ola - 2nd Event of Russian Cup.

16-18 Oct 2017, Moscow - On Prizes of Moscow Federation, singles, Senior and Junior.

18-21 Oct 2017, StPeterburg - Memorial of Panin_Kolomenkin, (Senior&Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Junior and 1st Grade Dance).

24-28 Oct 2017, Sochi - 3rd Event of Russian Cup.

07-11 Nov 2017, Kazan - 4th Event of Russian Cup.

09-11 Nov 2017, Moscow - Volkov Memorial, singles, boys and girls of age 12 and younger.

12-15 Nov 2017, Belgorod - A.Mishin's Cup, singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

21-25 Nov 2017, Moscow - 5th Event of Russian Cup.

24-26 Nov 2017, Saransk - "Mordovian Ornament", singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

27-29 Nov 2017, Tyumen - "Tyumen Meridian", singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

14-18 Dec 2017, Tolyatti - "Zhiguli", singles and Dance, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

19-24 Dec 2017, StPetersburg - Senior Nationals.

22-26 Jan 2018, Saransk - Junior Nationals.

29 Jan - 01 Feb 2018, Moscow - "on Prizes of E.Chaykovskaya" singles, Senior, Junior, 1st grade.

19-23 Feb 2018, Velikiy Novgorod - Final of Russian Cup, all 4 disciplines, Senior, Junior.

27-28 Feb 2018, StPetersburg - Championships of StPetersburg, Senior Men, Ladies, Pairs.

13-17 Mar 2018, Tyumen - S.Zhuk Memorial, Nationals Younger Age (aka "baby Nationals", singles, two age groups - 11-12 y.o., 10 and younger).

26-31 Mar 2018, Stary Oskol, Final of Spartakiad of Sports Schools.

02-05 Apr 2018, Nationals Elder Age. (all 4 disciplines, juniors, age 2 years younger than International Juniors)

Thanks for sharing! I'm confused, though. What are the non-bolded, non-underlined events?

ines42575

On the Ice
Country
Uruguay
Thanks for sharing! I'm confused, though. What are the non-bolded, non-underlined events?

As far as I understand, bolded ones are Russian Nationals for each level. Underlined ones are for quallifying (sorry if misspelled) to Senior and Junior Nationals. The rest are other regional competitions or events.

Sorry if it has any spelling mistake, English is not my mother tongue. Also correct me if I posted something wrong

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
As far as I understand, bolded ones are Russian Nationals for each level. Underlined ones are for quallifying (sorry if misspelled) to Senior and Junior Nationals. The rest are other regional competitions or events.

Sorry if it has any spelling mistake, English is not my mother tongue. Also correct me if I posted something wrong
Thanks for the explanation!

tars

Record Breaker
Good job! :agree:
To be exact, some early born (till March) 13yo skaters may participate as well. Silver medalist in 2016, Anna Tarusina was 13 (b. 24.01.2013).

adelia

Record Breaker
They started the sales of tickets for 2018 Russian nationals. https://spb.kassir.ru/sport/sk-yubi...kah-2018-abonement-na-vse-dni_2017-12-21_1402 Everything is available. I bought tickets for Saturday (all events) and Sunday. The price is 3700 and 2200 rbls. per seat respectively. This is about $60 and $40 which is reasonable as the seats are in row 3 and the very center.
The first 12 rows on tribune 1 and tribune 11 are not for sale to the public? Am I reading that right?

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That's quite a lot of couples taking part. Fifteen in total, is there usually that much? Russian junior Ice Dance is looking good. I hope that Polishchuk and Vakhnov have a great season, their R&J Free Dance was one of my favourites last year.

Looking forward to hearing about the Pairs test skate next week. Some really exciting couples in the Russian field, I hope all have got on well during the summer.

The Finn

Record Breaker
That's quite a lot of couples taking part. Fifteen in total, is there usually that much?
Last year there were 14 teams, so, 15 teams isn't unusual.

Russian junior Ice Dance is looking good. I hope that Polishchuk and Vakhnov have a great season, their R&J Free Dance was one of my favourites last year.

Yep, Russian junior Ice Dance is looking very good. They have three very good teams this year, S/S, P/V and S/A and at least two very promising new teams, Khudaberdieva/Nazarov and Konkina/Yakushev. And one shouldn't forget Shevchenko/Eremenko and Ushakova/Nekrasov who both are potential teams.

Looking forward to hearing about the Pairs test skate next week. Some really exciting couples in the Russian field, I hope all have got on well during the summer.

Pairs test skate starts today but I haven't seen a list of invited pairs yet. Last year there were 10 pairs but this summer there have been very numerous split ups and it will be interesting to see how many pairs does Fed invite here. Hopefully we will some new teams getting invitation, like Pavlova/Parkman who should be a really interesting new team, at least jump-wise they should be really good too.

I had high hopes for Kudryavtseva/Simenenko but for some reason they split up. I am hoping Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov will be invited here even though they are a very new team. Does anyone know if Simenenko has a new partner yet? How about Amina, does she have a new partner yet?

hanca

Record Breaker
List of pairs who took part to test skate event.

http://fsrussia.ru/news/3073-sporti...nykh-sborakh-v-novogorske-svoi-programmy.html

14 pairs but no Kudryavtseva/Spiridonov and no Pavlova/Parkman, I am disappointed. Also no Ustimkina/Volodin, I wonder why that is.
Come on, be realistic. Pavlova is new to pairs, and Parkman has not been showing that great results last season. I am not saying that he doesn't have a potential, but he is not as great that he could compensate for her lack of skills. They paired up only a few months ago, so I doubt that at this stage they are good enough to go to test skates. Test skates are supposed to be for the best from the pairs. Do you really think that after a few months of doing a new discipline - pairs, Pavlova is competitive with top Russian junior teams? And him, last season pretty average or under average male partner, suddenly dramatically increased his skills? I think they may be pretty decent towards the end of the season, but definitely not now.

puremagic

-
Record Breaker
So, this is true? Elena moved to pairs? :( In the last season she showed very solid results: she won one local event (or more I don't know exactly), also took often 2-3 places. Her average SP score was around 60+. Her FS score was around 115-125. And she decided to move to pairs...

Sure, it's better than move to ice dance like Mitrofanova or Lozko, but still... It makes me sad when so many talented girls just disappear in competition. :(

Anyway, I wish them all good luck.

hanca

Record Breaker
So, this is true? Elena moved to pairs? :( In the last season she showed very solid results: she won one local event (or more I don't know exactly), also took often 2-3 places. Her average SP score was around 60+. Her FS score was around 115-125. And she decided to move to pairs...

Sure, it's better than move to ice dance like Mitrofanova or Lozko, but still... It makes me sad when so many talented girls just disappear in competition. :(

Anyway, I wish them all good luck.

She was good, but not as good as some others of her age. And if you look at her chances in ladies and in pairs, there is much less good pairs than ladies, and the juniors in pairs are much more unpredictable (e.g. none of the top three pairs from two years ago are now competing together). For Pavlova that means opportunity. In junior ladies there is currently 10-12 ladies fighting for spots at JGP. Boikova-Kozlovski got to junior worlds after skating a year together...

adelia

Record Breaker
Lena Pavlova was at the test skates FYI. Whether they skated or not I do not know but based on Sharov's photos, she was there with the other young pairs in Mozer's group.

What's the issue with her switching to Pairs? She would never make it out of Russia as a singles skater. And so if Nina Mozer (not just any skating coach) gives you a chance to join her team, you don't say no. The best coaching team, the best training conditions and the best funding in Pairs skating.

hanca

Record Breaker
Lena Pavlova was at the test skates FYI. Whether they skated or not I do not know but based on Sharov's photos, she was there with the other young pairs in Mozer's group.

What's the issue with her switching to Pairs? She would never make it out of Russia as a singles skater. And so if Nina Mozer (not just any skating coach) gives you a chance to join her team, you don't say no. The best coaching team, the best training conditions and the best funding in Pairs skating.
Lena Pavlova was at the test skate but they didn't skate. Sometimes skaters that are not invited to skate just come and watch their competitors. Daria Foka was at the test skates too (and didn't skate). Does anyone know what is going on with her? Last season she and he new partner were at the test skates, then they got the first JGP, they withdrew or were withdraw by the federation (don't know which of those) and then they didn't skate for the rest of the season. Injury? Or split up?
Amina Atakhanova was at the test skates too.

Country
Russia
Moscow Open Junior Championships 28 Aug - 01 Sep 2017

Junior Men, Ladies, Pairs, Dance.
Moscow, Sports Palace Megasport (training rink).

Homepage http://ffkm.ru/competitions/current/879-pm2017
Preliminary schedule http://ffkm.ru/images/files/017-18/2017-08-29_PM/Timetable_PM_2017.pdf

Most of competitors from Moscow, may be some skaters from other regions.
May be some Seniors (at most dance) who don't compete, they show their state and programs to Federation officials.

This competition (and 1st Event od StPetersburg Cup) opens the season in Russia.
There always are very interesting girls (includind girls too young for JGP). Past season at podium were Panenkova, Scherbakova, Trusova. In Junior Men winner was Samarin, in Junior Dance Loboda-Drozd.