MK Aerial Figure Skating Challenge 6/23&24 | Golden Skate

MK Aerial Figure Skating Challenge 6/23&24

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Article from Ice Network

The team rosters are as follows:

Team Abbott: Mirai Nagasu, Joshua Farris, Emmanuel Savary, Ashley Lin, Alexa Scimeca Knierim and Chris Knierim

Team Bradley: Max Aaron, Vincent Zhou, Angela Wang, Paige Rydberg, Chelsea Liu and Brian Johnson

Team Dolensky: Jason Brown, Alex Krasnozhon, Courtney Hicks, Pooja Kalyan, Ashley Cain and Timothy LeDuc

The first-place team will earn $15,000, the second-place team $10,000 and the third-place team $5,000.

Which team are you rooting for?

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Team Timmy D!

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

To heck with the jumps, let's have some spins from Jason and Tim;):love:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I can't choose one! I have to cheer for all of them!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I'm wondering if maybe they had a sponsor drop out, or an arrangement that fell through. Maybe the sponsors weren't keen to be hit up for the extra money at the very last minute.

centerpt1

On the Ice
Does anyone know if this will be streamed? It doesn't look like they got much response to their gofundme page

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Sincere thanks for bringing the link to our attention.

Difficult to know what to believe.
Three hours have elapsed since the post from Aerial Challenge ... and still not a word (AFAIK) from either ProEventPhoto nor USFS to confirm (or even suggest) that they are offering any streaming of AC.
And Aerial Challenge does not have a good track record of saying things that prove to be true in the end.

I hope the update from Aerial Challenge will turn out to be true, but so far, I am not convinced.

ETA, update:
Oops, I see that Tavi has edited her post to add that USFS has said Yes to streaming of the team AC.
Thanks for the confirmation.​

I suppose that the post from Aerial Challenge means that a ProEventPhoto pass must be purchased in order to view streaming of the individual AC??

As noted in Josh's thread:

Seems that the team rosters for AC have been slightly modified ... with Jimmy Ma and Camden Pulkinen competing in place of Josh Farris and Vincent Zhou.

http://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41253-Joshua-Farris&p=1743746&viewfull=1#post1743746

Wasn't this sponsored last year? Freezer or something?

The title sponsor this year is MK Blades.
Thus the name of the comp is MK Aerial Figure Skating Challenge.

(The Freezer sponsorship was in effect only in 2015, the first year of the comp.)

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Sincere thanks for bringing the link to our attention.

Difficult to know what to believe.
Three hours have elapsed since the post from Aerial Challenge ... and still not a word (AFAIK) from either ProEventPhoto nor USFS to confirm (or even suggest) that they are offering any streaming of AC.
And Aerial Challenge does not have a good track record of saying things that prove to be true in the end.

I hope the update from Aerial Challenge will turn out to be true, but so far, I am not convinced.

ETA, update:
Oops, I see that Tavi has edited her post to add that USFS has said Yes to streaming of the team AC.
Thanks for the confirmation.​

I suppose that the post from Aerial Challenge means that a ProEventPhoto pass must be purchased in order to view streaming of the individual AC??

As noted in Josh's thread:

Seems that the team rosters for AC have been slightly modified ... with Jimmy Ma and Camden Pulkinen competing in place of Josh Farris and Vincent Zhou.

http://goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?41253-Joshua-Farris&p=1743746&viewfull=1#post1743746

The title sponsor this year is MK Blades.
Thus the name of the comp is MK Aerial Figure Skating Challenge.

(The Freezer sponsorship was in effect only in 2015, the first year of the comp.)

I just called proevent photo. She was very sweet and said they are in fact streaming the qualifying round of the Aerial Challenge tomorrow night. She directed me to their website:

http://proeventphoto.com/livestreams/

Note that even though she told me otherwise, the website says Aerial Challenge is not included. If anyone wants to double check before buying, their number is 216-751-6686 X105 or toll free 866-751-6686 x105.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I just called proevent photo. She was very sweet and said they are in fact streaming the qualifying round of the Aerial Challenge tomorrow night. She directed me to their website:

http://proeventphoto.com/livestreams/

Note that even though she told me otherwise, the website says Aerial Challenge is not included. If anyone wants to double check before buying, their number is 216-751-6686 X105 or toll free 866-751-6686 x105.

Thanks for confirming both parts of the streaming -- from ProEventPhoto and from USFS.

Happy to learn that ProEventPhoto has changed its plans re AC.

In addition to the wording on its site, PEP had tweeted three other separate links this week (most recently on Tue) that each had a notation that its streaming did not include AC at all.
The originally announced streaming (Facebook Live session on Aerial Challenge's page) always was going to be only for the team AC ... so it is puzzling to me that PEP's new decision in favor of streaming the individual AC was made so late in the game.

eta, CAVEAT:
Please read Tavi's post below re possible ambiguity of what PEP means by "qualifying round" of AC.
I should not have definitively assumed that PEP has decided to stream the individual AC.​

I probably should just be glad that all's well that ends well.
But the confusion every year over what will or will not be available is going from bad to worse :(.