Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Your 2017-18 Cinderella Story

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    The Shibs win Olympic gold.

That would make my whole season/quadrennium/ice dance decade.

Tripping on the Podium SnowWhite's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGee View Post
    That yes!....

There's a great deal of silence [likely wise until it's all resolved], but one has to wonder why getting permanent resident status has seemed to be a sticky wicket....She reported having obtained a work visa quite a while ago. Getting from permanent resident to citizen seems not overly challenging for an elite athlete placing well at Worlds...The exceptional process sounds to have shifted from Orders in Council [i.e. a Cabinet committee decision] to Minister's authority since 2010.

So, holding our breath and thinking positive thoughts that all gets done before the IOC cut-off...
    Lubov does have permanent resident status by now I believe. She's on the Athlete Assistance Program Carding List SC put out (though the link isn't working now), and apparently this is the first season she's carded and getting funding from this source because she had to be a PR.

0 Not allowed!
    Ashley Wagner builds momentum, credibility, and confidence with her two GP assignments. SC has always been a good competition for her, so it's possible for her to start out the season with a great skate and a happy result.

Then she wins Skate America in November, with a nice high score ... as the scores in the later events tend to be higher than early events.

She medals in the Grand Prix Final. I'm thinking silver.

She wins Nationals in a squeaker, and goes to the Olympics as America's No. 1 female single skater. Or, she wins silver or bronze and arrives in Pyongchang with something to prove. I can't decide.

She wins the Olympic Silver Medal in the individual event, proving to her critics, yet again, that it's not smart to count her out. (I'm thinking of Cinderella's Stepmother here. )

One or two of the above happens with Ashley triumphantly completing the Skate of Her Life, like at 2016 Worlds.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post

She wins the Olympic Silver Medal in the individual event, proving to her critics, yet again, that it's not smart to count her out. (I'm thinking of Cinderella's Stepmother here. )

One or two of the above happens with Ashley triumphantly completing the Skate of Her Life, like at 2016 Worlds.
    It is just a dream, give her the gold medal!!

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by chapis View Post
    It is just a dream, give her the gold medal!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6