Your 2017-18 Cinderella Story | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Your 2017-18 Cinderella Story

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
WeaPo medaling in ice dance - I'll be realistic even with my Cinderella story and say I'd be over the moon if they snag that bronze - and then go on to win 2018 worlds.

-
- Yuko & Sasha taking a spot on the Olympic team, they win an Olympic medal at last (but in team, either gold or silver)

I would love to see Gracie come back strong and have super season whanere she medals at olympics and worlds.

Q
Julia making the the Russian Olympic team again would be perfect!

It is just a dream, give her the gold medal!!

Actually, it's no more a dream than any of the above. Also, Patrick Chan winning the gold or individual silver would be as much of an impossible dream as Ashley. Of course, impossible dreams can happen and sometimes do. Just ask Paul Wiley.

And other people have as their "dream" or Cinderella story their favorites winning silver or bronze, not necessarily gold. It's pretty sad and discouraging to see how much Ashley is picked on around here.

Barb

Record Breaker
And other people have as their "dream" or Cinderella story their favorites winning silver or bronze, not necessarily gold. It's pretty sad and discouraging to see how much Ashley is picked on around here.

I saw you avatar with her photo and I thought that she was your favorite, so I saw no reason not to give her the gold, and it does not seem to me an impossible dream, look at Adelina. My favorite are Maia and Alex, but if I had the power to give them an Olympic medal, I would never give them the gold medal (And I really think that OGM is possible), because I have this paranoid idea that if they win the gold they will retire, so my real dream is silver or bronze. Yes, I'm a selfish person :devil:.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Actually, it's no more a dream than any of the above. Also, Patrick Chan winning the gold or individual silver would be as much of an impossible dream as Ashley. Of course, impossible dreams can happen and sometimes do. Just ask Paul Wiley.

i reacted to chapis' comment in good humour because look, I am in the same boat as you are, let's just say Patrick and Ashley are not number one favourites ;) but we would like them to win... and I have clearly said so in this thread. I just thought it was funny that you put her in silver... put her in gold ;) and that's why I laughed too. nothing against you or ashley, more that it was a bit weird not to give her the gold medal if it were up to you, as you are making the scenario?

i hope this clarify things up for you.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I saw you avatar with her photo and I thought that she was your favorite, so I saw no reason not to give her the gold, and it does not seem to me an impossible dream, look at Adelina. My favorite are Maia and Alex, but if I had the power to give them an Olympic medal, I would never give them the gold medal (And I really think that OGM is possible), because I have this paranoid idea that if they win the gold they will retire, so my real dream is silver or bronze. Yes, I'm a selfish person :devil:.

Oh, you have me right. Ashley is my absolute favorite, partly because of how she expresses her heart and vulnerability on the ice ... and as she's said, only on the ice because she's a military kid. I questioned your remark because others, after all, had said their Cinderella story was one favorite or another to get silver or bronze, and their dream hadn't been singled out. But such is life. Thanks for your clarification. I hadn't thought of Maia and Alex's quest that way, and yes, they're young and it would be great for their fans to have them continue, especially as they're the sort of underdogs that everyone roots for, rather than being super critical of.

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
i reacted to chapis' comment in good humour because look, I am in the same boat as you are, let's just say Patrick and Ashley are not number one favourites ;) but we would like them to win... and I have clearly said so in this thread. I just thought it was funny that you put her in silver... put her in gold ;) and that's why I laughed too. nothing against you or ashley, more that it was a bit weird not to give her the gold medal if it were up to you, as you are making the scenario?

i hope this clarify things up for you.

Thank you. I didn't think it was weird. :) I'm curious. If you had your 'druthers, would you rather have had Patrick win gold in Sochi and then retire from competitive skating? Because, would he have retired, do you think? I'm thinking about No Name Face's comment in the "OGM Contenders Men" thread, that the older Patrick gets, the more lyrical he becomes and the more expressive. (Not a quote, but something like that.) It struck me, because I feel exactly the same about Patrick. I see many more subtleties and graces in his skating now than I did pre-2015. In fact, for me, that's another thing Ashley and Patrick have in common. I thrilled to Ashley's ice presence and spirit at SA 2013, but I wasn't an Ashley Uber until she brought both her technical and artistic sides up a few levels in 2014-15 with Moulin Rouge.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Thank you. I didn't think it was weird. :) I'm curious. If you had your 'druthers, would you rather have had Patrick win gold in Sochi and then retire from competitive skating? Because, would he have retired, do you think? I'm thinking about No Name Face's comment in the "OGM Contenders Men" thread, that the older Patrick gets, the more lyrical he becomes and the more expressive. (Not a quote, but something like that.) It struck me, because I feel exactly the same about Patrick. I see many more subtleties and graces in his skating now than I did pre-2015. In fact, for me, that's another thing Ashley and Patrick have in common. I thrilled to Ashley's ice presence and spirit at SA 2013, but I wasn't an Ashley Uber until she brought both her technical and artistic sides up a few levels in 2014-15 with Moulin Rouge.

honestly : as a fan, i simply want patrick to be happy with himself. he wasn't in sochi. he has been much happier this year, despite not winning the big medals. his skating is a treat for us, yes, he has improved. Last night though, I went back and watched a lot of Patrick pre-Sochi, and still loved him just the same as now. Perhaps he is projecting something that may appeal to more people nowadays, but it was always beautiful, even when he was only 17. So, if yes, we have been granted with new programs and more of Patrick's beautiful skating, and on top of that, he has given us a lot to rejoice, I simply hope he skates well in PC and is happy with it.

Honestly, I am not 100% sure he wouldn't have returned to the competition even with a gold in Sochi. Patrick loves the sport and training. In that sense, he is a bit like Tessa and Scott... who really have achieved all they wanted within the sport but are back anyways. Training, whatever it is, to reach high level is like a drug for many and for these people, it's all they know. So he could have come back anyways... I personally don't like the statements saying : i don't want these people to get gold because then they will retire.... well... gold or 10th some will retire anyways... and some won't ... yuzu didn't... and his fans think he is going to 2022.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
With the news of Dabin's mother passing away, it would be some Cinderella story if Dabin could regroup, put together an amazing season and somehow medal at her home Olympics.

Even if she doesn't medal, two clean performances at the Olympics from her would be a moment to remember.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
With the news of Dabin's mother passing away, it would be some Cinderella story if Dabin could regroup, put together an amazing season and somehow medal at her home Olympics.

Even if she doesn't medal, two clean performances at the Olympics from her would be a moment to remember.

like Joannie... but yeah... i don't think a medal does quite replace a mother.... i wish dabin to find the peace needed to train if that's what she feels like... all I can say is that it took me several months to get back to "train" after the loss of my father. It is very difficult but it also depends on circumstances and people.

I somehow think she would have a hard time dealing with being in the final flight for the LP... the pressure would be very strong... so please include some fairy dust and magic in your cinderella story to give her calm if she gets to skate in the final flight ;)

best wishes to dabin and her loved ones.

Daniel1998

Final Flight
like Joannie... but yeah... i don't think a medal does quite replace a mother.... i wish dabin to find the peace needed to train if that's what she feels like... all I can say is that it took me a several month to get back to "train" after the loss of my father. It is very difficult but it also depends on circumstances and people.

I somehow think she would have a hard time dealing with being in the final flight for the LP... the pressure would be very strong... so please include some fairy dust and magic in your cinderella story to give her calm if she gets to skate in the final flight ;)

best wishes to dabin and her loved ones.

Yes, and we all know how much pressure Korea put on the last great skater to come from that country... :palmf:
Luckily she could handle it, so hopefully if ever a time comes for Dabin to deal with that same pressure, she can too.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Oh boy, did I understand correctly, does Mai Mihara has RA diagnostics? She is so young. That is a hell of a disease. That would be really bad news, by all means.

Oreo

On the Ice
The best Cinderella story I can think of is Joshua Farris winning Nationals and going to the Olympics.