Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Thread: Championnats québécois d'été 2017

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea82 View Post
    I suppose they may eventually change costumes. Today they were wearing the same costumes used last year for Nutcracker.

Or maybe they spent their whole budget on their stay in Montreal and they have to recycle the costumes!

FS videos

Moore Towers/Marinaro
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wujgz

Ryom/Kim
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuj14

Castelli/Tran
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuhh4
    Found 'em, ... thank you, Andrea!

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by skylark View Post
    Found 'em, ... thank you, Andrea!
    i posted the SP for you on the other page.... just in case you didn't see it.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    the programs have mostly been uploaded but it's tricky...

you need to go to daily motion, and search for what you want under patinage quebec

i did the job for you here with the SP from senior couples...

if you don't want to watch it all, use the link i had posted above your post to check starting orders and take your guess. BTW it doesn't start until like 10 minutes in for the warm up... and C/T are at 15 something...

some programs have been listed individually but some events are in one bunch
    thank you, 4everchan!

so far I've seen C/T and MTM/M long programs. Wish C/T had MTM/M's jumping ability and Kristen's beautiful landings; and wish MTM/M had C/T's lifting ability and beauty! oh well, there are things I like about both pairs, I should be happy with that ... and it's early in the season. MTM/M looked much better, and I love their music.

I wonder if dreamy, lyrical music is going to be a FS phenomenon for pairs this year ....

1 Not allowed!
    i like lyrical music for pairs... works so well with lifts and death spiral

i cannot wait to see the revamped muse of d/r though... i like a bit more upbeat too especially with them since they are so dynamic... too bad they didn't skate today.

seguin bilodeau seem to have a cool SP... there was a small bit of it on social media... (look at the canadian thread ... i probably saw it there)...

should be a very tough year for pairs with such a strong field and the games coming.

Tripping on the Podium

1 Not allowed!
    Thanks for posting the pairs videos. I really liked the N Koreans. They are delicate and very sharp. I guess they might have/had Chinese coaches, as they seem so close to that style. Anyway I wonder if they are able to compete at the Olympics. Krysten and Michael have improved a lot. It'll be quite a problem to chose 3 out of 4. I love Lubov/Dylan and Juliane/Charles. I wish all stay healthy.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiquitaBanana View Post
    They make me think Brasseur and Eisler... but at least Isabelle could jump a 2A. when the girl is small and the partner is bigger, the wow elements of pair skating can be done. But there is more to a pair team and they are lakcing in other areas.

There are fixed known criterias in order to get a JGP. It's no secret what you need to do to be considered to get one. Olivia and her brother
    might benefit from more funding, there is never enough, but they should first get a technical/jumping coach. I don't know the criteria for being on the NextGen team, but full term potential is one of the key elements in SC philosophy.

As for funding/opportunity, it's not only SC responsability but their section too.
    Before these fixed and known criteria were published to us we had in the 2016-2017 season various junior pairs assigned to the JGP. The Boys-Eddy siblings beat three of these teams at 2017 Skate Canada Challenge. They beat one again at Nationals - the other two WD and split. I guess they were unlucky about age or something to not get a spot in 2016-2017, but even as National bronze medallists meeting many of the requirements and with an abundance of pairs spots they're still not going to get a shot.

The section has supported them. But NextGen is a Skate Canada project.

Well let's see how it goes for all the new pairs on the JGP. When the list is revised in November McIntosh/Toste should be on it.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea82 View Post
    Wow

Medalist

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TGee View Post
    Did anyone see Lisa Anne McGaghey of NB skate?

She placed first in Group 2 and had the highest score overall by a wide margin? [sorry if I missed an earlier discussion in the thread....]

Total of 147.51 : SP 51.43; FS 93.08.....

Osmond4Gold have you been tracking this Atlantic Canadian girl?

She's currently listed as the 3rd substitute for JPG Brisbane, but I'm wondering if she might be moving up in the priority list....
    TGee I am embarrassed to say that I have not been tracking Lisa Anne, but I looked just now at her Minto results and she's increased her overall score by 25 points. At this level that's amazing!

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    Seeing MT/M2's SP, I now see that they are working on some new lift. And they are transitioning out of it with rotational from B/S. It's only August so I hope it comes together soon.

1 Not allowed!
    Finally got to watch the Pairs SP with C/T, D/R, S/B-A, and the North Korean pair. Of those four, my favorite was definitely the N. Koreans' skate.

They had such spark! Joy and energy. So fun to see that enthusiasm. Of course, I'm an uber Beatles Freak, so the music helped.

ETA: Okay, now I've watched Ryom/Kim's FS as well. Smashing. I love her costume/non-dress

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;) siberia82's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
    Thankfully Patinage Québec archived the livestream after all, but I didn't know that while I was at the arena, so I do have a couple of recordings from the Junior Men LP. I know they're completely unnecessary at this point, but I figured there might be a few of you who might be interested in 1080p vids (the archived footage is 720p, and it's not high quality), and are curious as to what it's like to be an audience member at the Sportplexe Pierrefonds. I apologize for people's heads occasionally blocking the view of jumps (especially the big ticket ones).

Matthew Markell's LP (Fancam 1080p) : http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x2oaf

Joseph Phan's LP (Fancam 1080p): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x2qqa

I know that I said earlier in this thread that I should take a break from Dailymotion because of recent music violations, but I don't have a choice for these vids because my weekly upload limit on Vimeo is only 500 MB, and each of these files is just under 1 GB. DM's daily limit is 2 GB, so my fancams of Nic's performances will have to wait.

2 Not allowed!
    thanks SIberia.... Joseph did such a great job

too bad about the tall guy with his phone... but we have the other video to see he landed the 4t-2t

you are correct the resolution fan cam gives a much better experience. We can see Joseph has good ice coverage and nice skills... he needs a bit more speed perhaps?

I would totally adopt him but I can barely keep up with Conrad's fan fest so I hope someone else feels the urge to do so That was a great performance and I hope it will be repeated soon in Australia for his JGP.

Tripping on the Podium SnowWhite's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    thanks SIberia.... Joseph did such a great job

too bad about the tall guy with his phone... but we have the other video to see he landed the 4t-2t

you are correct the resolution fan cam gives a much better experience. We can see Joseph has good ice coverage and nice skills... he needs a bit more speed perhaps?

I would totally adopt him but I can barely keep up with Conrad's fan fest so I hope someone else feels the urge to do so That was a great performance and I hope it will be repeated soon in Australia for his JGP.
    Does Joseph not have a fan fest? I can make one.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowWhite View Post
    Does Joseph not have a fan fest? I can make one.
    wonderful!!!!!

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;) siberia82's Avatar

0 Not allowed!

Go Ad-Free! Become a GS Supporter! Thank you
    If your hearing is sensitive, you'll probably want to keep the volume on the low side for Nic's LP because I shrieked at the top of my lungs a few times. I was aware that I was ruining the audio, but Elvis Nadeau made me (and everyone else in the stands) go completely nuts!

Nicolas Nadeau's SP (Fancam 1080p): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x6u03

Nicolas Nadeau's LP (Fancam 1080p): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5x6uue

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18