Championnats québécois d'été 2017 | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Championnats québécois d'été 2017

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I was hoping MT/M2 kept their music since they didn't have much if a season last year. Glad they did well here. And Michael needs more stamina.

it is indeed a nice program.... as I said... i am picky with music and rightfully (in my own mind) called it elevator music... but it's still really gorgeous and the way they built their program to it... WOW... i love it.... and yes... though this is probably their best performance of it. So it is encouraging... plus i love the costumes lol.... to me, that's a great packaging success.... pretty (elevator) music, nice outfits, great choreography that suits them.

now dance... i missed L/R sorry....

but even if i am streaming... don't expect any play by play from me... i am definitely not a dance expert LOL

Cipriano-Richardson .
don't know them...never heard of them

jazzy piano waltz intro... leads to same theme with strings.... oum pa pa llalalalalala

they manage their twizzles
dance spin.... nice lay back from her

rotational lift was nice and effortless... unlike the next lift.

they seem to be skating quite far from one another.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
celia and luis next

music starts... i have no idea why they are wearing a spanish style costume... then midways... it gets there... weird concept and music cuts... but i liked their presence. the choreo takes advantage of luis' long limbs. they look good in the twizzles.

good skate i'd say for them.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
chartrand/seidel

the music? is this evita? saying this because i recognize madonna
her with off white skirt and black lace top... very nice costume... red flower in hair
him with a prince like sash on his white top/black pant

goes into tango... and here we are ... don't cry for me argentina... mystery solved

they start with twizzles

i'd like more speed in general from them....the concept is good but they need more power for it.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
soucisse-firus

i love her dress... nice green...

goes well with the sort of swinging theme I won't dance... I am in heaven etc cheek to cheek

very nice twizzles to open.... shane has great leg position as far i would be able to tell lol

nice music characterization

this will be a great vehicle for them as the season goes. nice lifts!
bravo.... they have improved so much since last year. i hope they keep skating together for a while

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Is Vanessa related to Alaine Chartrand?
chartrand is a very very common name.... so without knowing for sure... it wouldn't even cross my mind to check it out just because there are many chartrands out there...

however, as i am looking at genealogy lately, they could have a common ancestor in the 1500s in france :) french canadians come from a small pool of settlers... (and well Alaine only kept the French Canadian name... she nor her dad speak the language)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
m-j and romain le gac

queen's you take my breath away, another one bites the dust

marie-jade looks like tukt with longer shirt that acts as skirt and leggings

nice lift to open... perhaps too long though....

twizzles are good

lots of good things but i will need to watch this later on this season... i didnt connect

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
olivia smart and adria diaz

brown's this is a man's world
franklin's natural woman

nice opening with the holding hands

good twizzles... glad we didn't see any disaster with the teams today on twizzles...

i like their sense of rhythm on this blues

good performance... again i will need to watch this later on...

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I wish Olivia and Adrian would have chosen It's a man's world sang in duet, Brown and Pavarotti. It's an eclectic marriage of operatic singing and funk music.

Andrea82

Medalist
FD scores

Smart/Diaz 52.31 TES + 48.69 PCS - 1 (Lift too long)=100
Lauriault/LeGac 51.08+43.80-1(Lift too long)=93.88
Soucisse/Firus 47.16+47.40-1(Fall) =93.56
Robledo/Fenero 49.51+38.95-1(Lift too long)=87.46
Cipriano/Richardson 41.23+33.97=75.2
Lanaghan/ Razgulajevs 34.98+30.62=65.6
Chartrand/Seidel 37.02+28.98-1 (lift too long)=65.0

Overall

Smart/Diaz 166.72
Soucisse/Firus 158.28
Lauriault/LeGac 158.02
Robledo/Fenero 140.3
Cipriano/Richardson 115.78
Lanaghan/ Razgulajevs 110.26
Chartrand/Seidel 102.6

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can anyone post links to videos of the pairs skates please? I saw Meagan/Eric SP and would like to see others, esp Marissa/Mervin.:thank:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Can anyone post links to videos of the pairs skates please? I saw Meagan/Eric SP and would like to see others, esp Marissa/Mervin.:thank:
the programs have mostly been uploaded but it's tricky...

you need to go to daily motion, and search for what you want under patinage quebec

i did the job for you here ;) with the SP from senior couples...

if you don't want to watch it all, use the link i had posted above your post to check starting orders and take your guess. BTW it doesn't start until like 10 minutes in for the warm up... and C/T are at 15 something...

some programs have been listed individually but some events are in one bunch

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

skylark

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
the programs have mostly been uploaded but it's tricky...

you need to go to daily motion, and search for what you want under patinage quebec

i did the job for you here ;) with the SP from senior couples...

if you don't want to watch it all, use the link i had posted above your post to check starting orders and take your guess. BTW it doesn't start until like 10 minutes in for the warm up... and C/T are at 15 something...

some programs have been listed individually but some events are in one bunch

thank you, 4everchan!

so far I've seen C/T and MTM/M long programs. Wish C/T had MTM/M's jumping ability and Kristen's beautiful landings; and wish MTM/M had C/T's lifting ability and beauty! oh well, there are things I like about both pairs, I should be happy with that ... and it's early in the season. MTM/M looked much better, and I love their music.

I wonder if dreamy, lyrical music is going to be a FS phenomenon for pairs this year ....

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
i like lyrical music for pairs... works so well with lifts and death spiral

i cannot wait to see the revamped muse of d/r though... i like a bit more upbeat too especially with them since they are so dynamic... too bad they didn't skate today.

seguin bilodeau seem to have a cool SP... there was a small bit of it on social media... (look at the canadian thread ... i probably saw it there)...

should be a very tough year for pairs with such a strong field and the games coming.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Thanks for posting the pairs videos. I really liked the N Koreans. They are delicate and very sharp. I guess they might have/had Chinese coaches, as they seem so close to that style. Anyway I wonder if they are able to compete at the Olympics. Krysten and Michael have improved a lot. It'll be quite a problem to chose 3 out of 4. I love Lubov/Dylan and Juliane/Charles. I wish all stay healthy.