Championnats québécois d'été 2017 | Golden Skate

Championnats québécois d'été 2017

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Siberia82, would you mind going over to the fan fest I started for Alexander Johnson and posting this link/info? TIA! :)

Done, but is there a reason why you didn't want to post the information yourself?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Done, but is there a reason why you didn't want to post the information yourself?
:thank:
Mainly because I'm mobile rn and it's difficult.
Secondly, because you found the info so I figured you should get the credit. ;)

asp11

Just a dedicated fan - not a skater
On the Ice
Looking forward to this! The offseason is way too long...

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
wow.. the list of participants keeps getting better and better... ;)

So of course I had to go look.... and Elladj and Nic and Alex:agree:

But the Pairs :eek: Have the North Koreans showed up at the championnats québécois before?

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

But the Pairs :eek: Have the North Koreans showed up at the championnats québécois before?

i don't think so... i am quite surprised to see them there.... maybe they are training in montreal and just decided to have a go at it?

and yes... with Elladj Nic and Alex (and my puppy Edrian) it's a good competition.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics

try South Korea lol

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Then I didn't see them on the list?!?? :confused:

the list has just been updated upon the deadline registration of june 22.... there is a south korean made of two kids with quebec names ;) but the north koreans are also registered... pairs field is strong... only lubov and dylan are missing for a mini canadian championship ;)

ice coverage

Record Breaker
... But the Pairs :eek: Have the North Koreans showed up at the championnats québécois before?

... the north koreans have signed up too....

Only my speculation, but this news makes me wonder whether perhaps Bruno and/or Meagan had something to do with encouraging Ryom/Kim to get the experience of competing at this event??

At the time of Helskinki Worlds, it seemed to me that Bruno/Meagan embraced the North Koreans, per the links I posted in the fan thread for R/K:

ETA:
:eek: :bang: Helskinki?? :hopelessness: :noshake:
Helsinki :).​

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Only my speculation, but this news makes me wonder whether perhaps Bruno and/or Meagan had something to do with encouraging Ryom/Kim to get the experience of competing at this event??

At the time of Helskinki Worlds, it seemed to me that Bruno/Meagan embraced the North Koreans, per the links I posted in the fan thread for R/K:

it is possible... or maybe a few training weeks with the Montreal crew with the bonus of trying out their programs in a competition.

The good news for these kids is that they are finally getting out of N Korea earlier this season and will have more mileage competing in big events... and as I said, the field comprises almost the entire Canadian roster of pairs... only 2 teams are missing for the top 7-8 teams... it will be exciting.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
It will be interesting for sure. North Koreans are one of the teams with chances to qualify a spot for Olympics at Nebelhorn, so this competition will tell us something about their disposition, which have to be good quite early this season :popcorn:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It will be interesting for sure. North Koreans are one of the teams with chances to qualify a spot for Olympics at Nebelhorn, so this competition will tell us something about their disposition, which have to be good quite early this season :popcorn:

It'll be interesting to see how they stack up against Suto/Boudreau-Audet, since they'll probably try to get a spot for Japan even though they aren't eligible.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking at the participants list, I think I'm going to have to try to make it to this event. There are so many skaters/couples I'd love to see. Well, mostly couples actually. The only singles skaters I really want to see are Alaine, Elladj and Nic (though it would still be fun watching the others). But I want to see the four senior Canadian pairs who are going and now the North Koreans since we've been talking about them. Castelli/Tran and Suto/Boudreau-Audet would be cool too. Then in dance there's Soucisse/Firus, Smart/Diaz, the Danes, and Lajoie/Lagha in junior.