Tickets for international fans | Golden Skate

Tickets for international fans

sheisnana

Spectator
Thank you for opening the thread! I have the same problem getting tickets from overseas so I'd appreciate any answer to this...Thanks!

yansun

Rinkside
When the NHK trophy 2017 official website Is ready that information will be available there. last year etix is the company handling the overseas ticket. ( they also handled WTT this time ) so I guess in most case it will be same this time

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
http://www.nhk-trophy2016.jp
This is last year's website, the 2017's website seems like it's empty at the moment.
Last year's website open by early Aug, so maybe keep eyes on those website when it's closer to Aug :)
Last year ticket were on sale from 17 September 2016.

SparkleSalad

Rinkside
Does anbody know if the pool of tickets on etix for overseas fans would be the same ones available to Japanese fans? In other words, do we have any chance in hell of out-clicking an entire county for them? Australia has unbelievably slow internet. :(

beebee51

On the Ice
Country
United-States
cohkaix, how did you find the NHK website? I've been on the lookout for outside of Japan GPF tickets, which I believe may go on sale in September e-tix.

I cannot find either the NHK Trophy website, or, the event on the e-tix website. Hoping you can shed some light on this for me. Thanks!

cohkaix

FS data keeper
Medalist
cohkaix, how did you find the NHK website? I've been on the lookout for outside of Japan GPF tickets, which I believe may go on sale in September e-tix.

I cannot find either the NHK Trophy website, or, the event on the e-tix website. Hoping you can shed some light on this for me. Thanks!

The NHK Trophy 2017 official website is here: http://www.nhk-trophy2017.jp/
(Click on the 'Ticket', and it brings you to info about ticketing. Note the icon on the top right-hand side "purchase ticket from abroad". It brings you to the e-tix site!)

NB: I haven't seen any info about GPF yet. But I guess the order follows so that NHK Trophy would be announced earlier and later on GPF!

Ellie493

Rinkside
The NHK Trophy 2017 official website is here: http://www.nhk-trophy2017.jp/
(Click on the 'Ticket', and it brings you to info about ticketing. Note the icon on the top right-hand side "purchase ticket from abroad". It brings you to the e-tix site!)

NB: I haven't seen any info about GPF yet. But I guess the order follows so that NHK Trophy would be announced earlier and later on GPF!

Thank you so much, this information is invaluable!

cashley

Rinkside
Hey! Has anyone managed to get tickets? I can't work out what's going on. It says buy tickets then on the next screen it says tickets not currently available?

eerabbit

Spectator
Yeah i managed to choose a date but before i could add tickets to the cart they were all taken. You have a 15 minute window to purchase tickets once you've added them to your cart, so when it said 'tickets not currently available' that was probably when the all the tickets were in carts but not actually sold yet. :/ I suspect bots, no way people click that fast

Has anyone here actually managed to buy tickets off the site (previously) and not from a reseller? Also has anyone successfully bought and used a ticket from the reseller? The rules on the website say it's not allowed, but do they actually check at the venue?

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Yeah i managed to choose a date but before i could add tickets to the cart they were all taken. You have a 15 minute window to purchase tickets once you've added them to your cart, so when it said 'tickets not currently available' that was probably when the all the tickets were in carts but not actually sold yet. :/ I suspect bots, no way people click that fast

Has anyone here actually managed to buy tickets off the site (previously) and not from a reseller? Also has anyone successfully bought and used a ticket from the reseller? The rules on the website say it's not allowed, but do they actually check at the venue?

Same here, on 10:00am, i manage to pick the date, chose the ticket type and "tickets not currently available" show up... i think reseller who are using programs to purchase ticket might got it all. ( apparently that's very common in Japan for popular concert ticket)

I tried to refresh the page for another 25 mins, and all ticket type were sold out by 10:25am.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice

I haven't tried to get a ticket from reseller in Japan, but my fd who is fan of Japanese boy band told me that she get ticket from reseller very often, the ticket does work, as long as the seller don't put the picture of the ticket on the reselling website (coz event host could easily disable the ticket, if they see the exact seat number and the barcode.)

SparkleSalad

Rinkside

I managed to get a ticket only for SP. I don't know how and I was trying other days at the same time on different devices - even had other people try for me - and everything in every category and every seating class was unavailable to me from the start.

Regarding reselling, if you can find someone who bought a ticket through the foreign sale I think it would be fine. My name is printed on the ticket quite small up the top and away from the barcode to be scanned. It says nothing about having to show ID in the list of prohibited things underneath. I don't think they would bother trying to check ID anyway. I don't know what Japanese tickets will look like, though.

I will be looking into resellers, too, but so far haven't found a way to get resale tickets without a Japanese credit card or bank account. If anyone has any ideas please let us know!

Kara

Final Flight
Are there other big resale sites in addition to yahoo auctions jp?

A popular ticket resale site in Japan is ticketcamp.net. They're really trying to move to digital tickets that you access through an app and using your phone number so I think there's going to be a lot less paper tickets this year being sold.:/

eerabbit

Spectator
A popular ticket resale site in Japan is ticketcamp.net. They're really trying to move to digital tickets that you access through an app and using your phone number so I think there's going to be a lot less paper tickets this year being sold.:/

Thanks, I just looked it up and there are already tons of requests for tickets and none are even listed for sale yet :p
Also it looks like you need a jp mobile number to post a request, so I'm out of luck for now.

cashley

Rinkside
Yeah I was on at 10am Japan time (2am here) and they were all sold in what must have been 1/2 minutes! Crazy!! Oh well. . . . maybe next time! :(