2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2017 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
HKSU announced that the Asian Open Trophy Senior Man and Senior Ladies event (free program) on 5th Aug will broadcast live in YouTube:
https://www.facebook.com/HongKongSkatingUnion/posts/10155957882510769

Good news from skating fans who can't come this time :yahoo:

I will be there everyday and take videos. Any requests?

Hi Kitty and DorYiu, I have a question... is there actually audience seating at this venue? I would very much like to attend in person, but I haven't been able to find any information anywhere regarding attendance or ticketing for spectators.

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Hi Kitty and DorYiu, I have a question... is there actually audience seating at this venue? I would very much like to attend in person, but I haven't been able to find any information anywhere regarding attendance or ticketing for spectators.

Hi Largeman, I have checked with HKSU before, there is a event open for public, you don't need ticket for this event.
Megaice does have audience seats, you can see from here:
http://shooter.hk/2015/05/09/2015-mega-ice五人冰球賽煞科日-好戲連場/
And here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/drunkcat/4029247648
(Alhtough it's not super big area)

bluelutz

On the Ice
Judging with the pics, this is not very good venue to watch the competition.
All one side is the glass window, which means nobody can watch it from that side.
Also it seems the entire remaining sides are covered by tall plastic protection walls,
which means that whoever tries to shoot this event from the rink side, it is not easy.

I am not planning to attend the event, but looking forward to seeing videos shot by fans,
especially a Korean fan, HeeYuHee,
who uploaded excellent HD videos of this event for the last two seasons,
and assuming he/she will do the same this year as well.
But again this venue seems to be not very suitable for that.
I hope he/she will find a good spot to shoot.

I do not know HeeYuHee reads this board or not,
but I really appreciate what he/she does for us.
Assuming HeeYuHee is a Korean person, he/she usually record the entire event,
not only Korean skaters or top skaters, with high quality videos.

Thanks HeeYuHee, you are the best:clap:

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Hi Largeman, I have checked with HKSU before, there is a event open for public, you don't need ticket for this event.

Thanks! I'll definitely go check it out... Would be exciting to see Rika's 3A live :eeking:

kittychung97

Spectator
Reply to DorYiu, mikeko666 and cathlen, I will definitely shoot as much videos as I can.

Agree with bluelutz, MegaIce is not a good venue to watch competition. It is also hard to shoot videos because plastics protection walls become blurry under low temperature. I am going to the ice rink this afternoon to find the best position for shooting high quality videos.

bluelutz

On the Ice
Reply to DorYiu, mikeko666 and cathlen, I will definitely shoot as much videos as I can.

Agree with bluelutz, MegaIce is not a good venue to watch competition. It is also hard to shoot videos because plastics protection walls become blurry under low temperature. I am going to the ice rink this afternoon to find the best position for shooting high quality videos.

Whoever will shoot videos for us, I really appreciate it.
We are all depending on kindness of yours.
Thanks in Advance!
These are some recommendations.

Senior Men:
Most likely this is going to be One Two finish by Keiji Tanaka and Ryuju Hino.
Other notable skaters are Taiwanese Chih I Tsao & Meng Ju Lee,
Australians Jamese Min & Andre Dodds,
Also Geon-hyeong An from Korean who just competed in Korea as Junior,
but here he enters as Senior.

Senior Ladies:
Dabin Choi of Korea vs. Kaori Sakamoto & Yuna Shiraiwa of Japan.
Dabin is the top 10 finisher @Worlds,
but @last week's Korean competition, she did not perform any 3+3.
So she seems not to be in her top form yet.
Kaori was 3rd & Yuna was 5th @Junior Worlds, and this is their Senior debut.
Other notable skaters are Amy Lin of Taiwan, Kailani Craine of Aus,
and So Hyun An of Korea

Junior Men:
Yuto Kishina & Sena Miyake of Japan,
and Sung Hoon Park & Jae Seok Kyeong of Korea.

Junior Ladies:
This is going to be the most exciting event!
Rika Kihira & Mako Yamashita vs. Eunsoo Lim & Yelim Kim.
Plus Audrey Shin from U.S.
@Last season's JGP, Japanese did better than Koreans,
but @Junior Worlds, Eunsoo finished 4th.
Rika landing 3A according to recent media reports,
and Mako wowed people @recent local competition.
Eunsoo did only so so @last weeks domestic competition,
but Yelim scored over 190 with super back loading program!
It is very interesting to see how ISU judges score Yelim.
Also Audrey is an excellent skater who got all the goods to compete with Japanese & Koreans.

Advanced Novice Boys:
Kao Miura & Shunsuke Nakamura of Japan are very talented.

Advanced Novice Girls:
Alisa Liu of US is going to win. She is super talented!
This girl seems to be a future super star, she is that good.
Manna Kawabe of Japan will challenge her,
and Stephanie Ciarochi and Chae Eun Noh of Korea will do well.
Other notable ones are Mone Chiba of Japan & So Eun Choi of Korea.

Pair:
They have only four pairs, and they are not world top class pairs,
but each of them are interesting.
Though Narumi Takahashi was placed 3rd @Worlds 5 years ago or so with Marvin Tran of Canada,
she broke up with him and teamed with Ryuichi Kihara to go to Olympic.
They broke up later, and Both of them are here with new partners.
Brother and sister team, Su Yeon Kim / Hyung Tae Kim were 8th @ Junior Worlds.
Matthew Dodds is a brother of Andre Dodds, and they are famous skating family of Aus.

Hope you find a good spot to shoot:yay::clap::rock:

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Kittychung97, thank you so much for your kindness :hap85: I hope you find a good spot at Megaice.

Bluelutz, thank you for the information, I don't know all of the skaters, esp. pairs, so it's good to know a bit more about them :)

mikeko666

Final Flight

Thank you, kittychung :luv17:. I hope you'll find a good spot to take videos.

madgef

Spectator
I will be there everyday and take videos. Any requests?

Junior ladies: Yi Christy Leung. She finishes top 9 at Junior Worlds this year, isn't that the best ranking from a hong kong skater through all these years?

BTW, according to an announcement made on IG, Maisy Ma won't participate in the event due to her ankle injury.

kittychung97

Spectator
Tonight is the very first official practice. I shot some poor videos because the plastic walls are blurry. I lack video shooting skills as well. Anyway, please stay tuned to my YouTube channel Love_Lin_Gym for the latest updates.

P.S. I guess I need some help to figure out the name of skaters. It would be great if anyone could help. Thank you so much!

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Junior ladies: Yi Christy Leung. She finishes top 9 at Junior Worlds this year, isn't that the best ranking from a hong kong skater through all these years?

BTW, according to an announcement made on IG, Maisy Ma won't participate in the event due to her ankle injury.

:shocked: I was looking forward to see Maisy Ma ...
Hope that she will get well very soon!

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
Tonight is the very first official practice. I shot some poor videos because the plastic walls are blurry. I lack video shooting skills as well. Anyway, please stay tuned to my YouTube channel Love_Lin_Gym for the latest updates.

P.S. I guess I need some help to figure out the name of skaters. It would be great if anyone could help. Thank you so much!

I guess I will have problem with recognising novice boys and girls, but for Jr. and Sr. men's and ladies, I could help :)
See how you want us to help (upload the video first and we could tell you who they are.) you probably only need our help for practice video, coz for competition, I am sure there will be MC calling out the skaters' name. :agree2:

bluelutz

On the Ice
HeeYuHee, a Korean fan with a camera, is there to shoot the event again
according to his twitter (https://twitter.com/heeyuhee):yahoo:

I think he/she does have a good equipment to shoot
judging with his video quality and long hours of them,
which mean that he has some proper lenses, a tripod and extra battery packs.

If anyone sees a Korean person with a good camera on tripod
and shooting the entire event, that might be him/her,
please tell that we appreciate what he/she does for us!

YesWay

四年もかけて&#
Record Breaker
Da-bin Choi is not on the list of entries *cry* ;_;

HeeYuHee... Icescape Rasu... JewelskatersCross... Jewelsplayer... it seems there are many excellent Korean videographers. The quality of their fancams is outstanding, and I am grateful to all of them!

I hope HeeYuHee finds a seat with a good view for this event!

bluelutz

On the Ice
Da-bin Choi is not on the list of entries *cry* ;_;

The absence of Dabin is a bummer.
However, I could expect this would happen
because her appearance @last week competition was very gutsy considering her personal tragedy.
Also she is not back in her top form yet judging with the fact that she did not perform any 3+3.
So rest well Dabin!

bluelutz

On the Ice
HeeYuHee... Icescape Rasu... JewelskatersCross... Jewelsplayer... it seems there are many excellent Korean videographers. The quality of their fancams is outstanding, and I am grateful to all of them!

I hope HeeYuHee finds a seat with a good view for this event!

According to HeeYuHee's latest tweets, this venue got the worst condition for video shooting or just viewing.
Not only all the rink sides were covered with the tall acryl walls,
but also the top view was cut off with large safety nets.
Like Rubbing salt into a wound, those walls hold dews to block clear views.

Just go to HeeYuHee's Twitter to look some pics of rink!
https://twitter.com/heeyuhee

Why, oh why Hong Kong federation has to do this to us?

kittychung97

Spectator
I guess I will have problem with recognising novice boys and girls, but for Jr. and Sr. men's and ladies, I could help :)
See how you want us to help (upload the video first and we could tell you who they are.) you probably only need our help for practice video, coz for competition, I am sure there will be MC calling out the skaters' name. :agree2:

I know some of them, but not all. Sometimes I realize the face of skaters instead of their name lol. I have already uploaded some videos. Please check it out, and offer some help to name the skaters. Thanks!