Russian test skates 2017-2018 | Golden Skate

Russian test skates 2017-2018

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
It's just 1 month left before the exciting trials that will be held in Sochi's Olympic Shaiba (puck) venue.

Parter.ru - the same provider that covers CoR sells tickets:
http://www.parter.ru/bilety.html?af...tickets&action=tickets&fun=artist&language=en

Unlike CoR the choice is quite good. And the prices are ridiculous: from $1.5 to $12 per seat. I bought seats at rows 4 and 5 in the very middle to see it all myself: the first show-up of Olympic season programs of the best Russian figure skaters.

You can expect live reports from me.

The only thing (besides the announced music) known so far is that Evgenija's programs should be breath taking. At least Tarasova said she "very very very liked her new FS"

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170802/1123697197.html

As some people said. one has to divide by 2 what Tarasova says. Then she very 0.5 very liked Medvedeva's new free program.

I will be the first to see it live! (well, from the general public)

The time of the events:

Saturday September 9, 2017
15:00 MSK (UTC +3)

Sunday September 10, 2017
14:00 MSK (UTC +3)

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
How lucky you are, my friend. Congratulations with this! Hope you'll enjoy it. Also I hope you will share with us your impressions. :)

Thanks, yes I am lucky indeed to live between Moscow and Sochi. My wife wants us to move to Sochi permanently. Alas, no job there for me :sad4:

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
And the prices are ridiculous: from $1.5 to $12 per seat.

One of these moments where I honestly don't know if I should laugh or cry :unsure:

Have fun when you're going and thanks in advance for the live reports. I can't wait to see the first new programs, hopefully everyone is healthy and in good shape (for early season standards) :luv17:
(And good luck with maybe finding a nice job in Sochi!)

Gia_Sesshoumaru

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Okay, I'm a bit confused, and I just want to verify something... The OP says next month, but the link to the tickets site has dates for next week. So, the test takes take place next week as opposed to September like they usually do?

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
It must be terribly exciting to see all those great russian skaters so early in the season in person. I need a jealous emoji!

BTW, what is the economy of sochi built around? Is it like Whistler, B.C. and mostly tourism?

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Okay, I'm a bit confused, and I just want to verify something... The OP says next month, but the link to the tickets site has dates for next week. So, the test takes take place next week as opposed to September like they usually do?

IDK - just followed the link - it says "From 9/9/17 to 9/10/17 there are 2 events taking place. The next event is in СОЧИ".

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
BTW, what is the economy of sochi built around? Is it like Whistler, B.C. and mostly tourism?

Sochi is about tourism. There are about 400 000 inhabitants. Last year there were about 6 500 000 visitors. Yes, there is some agriculture but tourism is the key. Sochi also won the first place in environmental ranking of Russian cities - no industry there.

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
When they aired the Olympics a few years ago, the tv reporter said Sochi is the equivalent of the Gold Coast in Australia, a popular holiday destination in the country :) Very pretty city from the shots we saw.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
When they aired the Olympics a few years ago, the tv reporter said Sochi is the equivalent of the Gold Coast in Australia, a popular holiday destination in the country :) Very pretty city from the shots we saw.

They brought back Crimea ;) The Crimean Riviera (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea#Crimean_Riviera ) is also an amazing territory and it was part of Russian Empire since the end of 18th century. Many Russian historic bulidings, and memories. Nikita Khrushchev gave the Crimea to Ukraina in 1954 but in that time Ukraina was the part of the Soviet Union.. Most of the citizens are Russians even today. This is the reason why Russia wanted to it so much

I wanted to say the two territories will fight for title of Russian "Gold Coast". :)

russianfan

Match Penalty
It's just 1 month left before the exciting trials that will be held in Sochi's Olympic Shaiba (puck) venue.

Parter.ru - the same provider that covers CoR sells tickets:
http://www.parter.ru/bilety.html?af...tickets&action=tickets&fun=artist&language=en

Unlike CoR the choice is quite good. And the prices are ridiculous: from $1.5 to $12 per seat. I bought seats at rows 4 and 5 in the very middle to see it all myself: the first show-up of Olympic season programs of the best Russian figure skaters.

You can expect live reports from me.

The only thing (besides the announced music) known so far is that Evgenija's programs should be breath taking. At least Tarasova said she "very very very liked her new FS"

http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20170802/1123697197.html

As some people said. one has to divide by 2 what Tarasova says. Then she very 0.5 very liked Medvedeva's new free program.

I will be the first to see it live! (well, from the general public)

its gonna be amazing! can't wait to see new programs from Evgenia and Alina

They brought back Crimea ;) The Crimean Riviera (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimea#Crimean_Riviera ) is also an amazing territory and it was part of Russian Empire since the end of 18th century. Many Russian historic bulidings, and memories. Nikita Khrushchev gave the Crimea to Ukraina in 1954 but in that time Ukraina was the part of the Soviet Union.. Most of the citizens are Russians even today. This is the reason why Russia wanted to it so much

I wanted to say the two territories will fight for title of Russian "Gold Coast". :)

hello from Crimea :p https://pp.userapi.com/c841437/v841437621/666e/vT7vdEkx0KQ.jpg
it's INSANELY hot here nowadays

mrrice

Record Breaker
Sochi is about tourism. There are about 400 000 inhabitants. Last year there were about 6 500 000 visitors. Yes, there is some agriculture but tourism is the key. Sochi also won the first place in environmental ranking of Russian cities - no industry there.

Speaking of Sochi, have any of you ever been to Sochi Park? I have some friends who went there and said they had a great time. They did say that Sochi was very "Touristy" and that they preferred St Petersburg. They both look beautiful to me. I have always said that I will get back to Russia one last time and I plan to make sure that happens.

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Speaking of Sochi, have any of you ever been to Sochi Park? I have some friends who went there and said they had a great time. They did say that Sochi was very "Touristy" and that they preferred St Petersburg. They both look beautiful to me. I have always said that I will get back to Russia one last time and I plan to make sure that happens.

My boys love Sochi Park! They just spent the whole yesterday there with their mom.

Yes, there are a lot of tourists. But the worst lines that I experienced were at Disneyland. Some time ago Indiana Jones ride was open. I think I had to wait no less than an hour. The same was true when Jurassic Park was open at Universal Studios. In Sochi Park you have to wait in line maximum 30 minutes for their key rides.

And there exist privacy options like renting a boat with a captain for $80 an hour and going to the sea for half a day where the water is clean and there are no tourists.

Tomorrow my 4 year old play an open footbal match. After that dads will follow. I volunteered and a bit nervous as I did not do it since I was very young. Sorry for the offtop.

Sugarpova

#EmpressAirlines #SinKatsapologist
Record Breaker
its gonna be amazing! can't wait to see new programs from Evgenia and Alina

hello from Crimea :p https://pp.userapi.com/c841437/v841437621/666e/vT7vdEkx0KQ.jpg
it's INSANELY hot here nowadays
Heh my sis with her kid & our mom are there now & send me teasing pics from the beach like every day!!!:bang:
We didn't have any summer here in SPb:sad4:

As 4 Sochi ashamed to say that I haven't been there since childhood:biggrin:

Good luck samkrut!!!!
I'll be on vacation & will be following this thread

I didn't lose hope that maybe just maybe KS decide not to retire:hopelessness:
Obv can't wait to see SinKats Liza Lena & TM:yahoo:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Heh my sis with her kid & our mom are there now & send me teasing pics from the beach like every day!!!:bang:
We didn't have any summer here in SPb:sad4:

As 4 Sochi ashamed to say that I haven't been there since childhood:biggrin:

Good luck samkrut!!!!
I'll be on vacation & will be following this thread

I didn't lose hope that maybe just maybe KS decide not to retire:hopelessness:
Obv can't wait to see SinKats Liza Lena & TM:yahoo:

The same for Moscow, but I hope to go to Sochi in a week or something:) Usually I try to leave the city every time, but this year I workworkwork and work, helping my brother's company:sad4:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Anyway, I'm still thinking about going to Sochi in September to Open Skates. The advantage is that it will take place on weekend, when I won't work, but the minus is the company or the lack of it, as I don't have anyone interested in FS as me, and that I have to start looking for places to stay at now..