Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Suggest repeat programs for the Olympics

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    I'm surprised nobody has said Fix You for the Shibs yet. And I really loved their Coppelia SD.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sai Bon View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has said Fix You for the Shibs yet. And I really loved their Coppelia SD.
    I love those programs but in my opinion if a program was performed to its full potential (and I am aware that this is subjective, and there is no way to measure it) there is no point in doing it again. That's why I suggested Cinema paradiso for them, obviously I am not suggesting they do exactly the same thing but the music and the concept, they were kids after all.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    I'm glad Ashley is doing HHCC for the Olympic season, I think that program brings out the best in her.
    I'm glad too that Zagi will be keeping Don Q, I loved her performance this year (the senior version), will be great to see how she develops it.
    Would probably advocate for a bell-shaped tutu though (well, a shorter version of one lol), or a different style of red dress. Hell, even the same damn tutu but just a little less like it is wider than Zagi is tall would suffice.
    I don't know if Osmond has said what she'll be doing (she prob has, this is my fault for not keeping up), but her SP from this year - incredible!! Would LOVE to see it at the Games!

I would like to see someone do the exact same Carmen cut that Katerina used, if only for a comparison of how the sport has changed since '88. And so we can hear epic exasperated commentary like the lady calling Russian Nationals: "Oh GOD, she's skating to CARMEN!!!!"

Question - are skaters required to commit to the program they've submitted for competition? (Do they even submit a program, not the elements but the music etc). Or can they show up at world or Olys and without notice just use an old program, costume & all?

4 Not allowed!
    Gilles and Poirier to do their Hitchcock programme again!

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by lyverbird1 View Post
    Gilles and Poirier to do their Hitchcock programme again!
    Yes, because they've improved so much as skaters, plus Paul had a horrendous injury that season. It would be a joy to see one of the single best programs in the history of ice dance skated injury free, with added experience and technical ability.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4