Suggest repeat programs for the Olympics | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Suggest repeat programs for the Olympics

Imagine

Medalist
Anna Pogorilaya - Scheherazade

Gracie - Firebird

Evgenia - any one of her old programs, cause we all know they're all the friggen same anyway cause she refuses to work with anyone except that snooty self-proclaimed artiste.

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Osmond- Edith Piaf SP
I look forward to her Summertime, but will miss her Piaf SP, and her, La Vie en Rose (2015-16), by Cyndi Lauper. The latter even while she was still in a recovery mode, was also an exquisite program.

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Violet Bliss, are skaters allowed to choose to skate to old programs of other skaters?

If so I'd like Wakaba Higuchi to choose Mao's Bells of Moscow as her long program. Keep the two 3As but replace 3F-2T with 3Lz-3T. I think this program has some unfinished business on the Olympics stage. ;) Thanks.

Barb

Record Breaker
Shibs: Cinema paradiso
V/M: Carmen
Yuzuru: Prince
Kaetlyn O.: Big Spender
Patrick: Aranjuez

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
V/M - 2012-13 Carmen free dance

I usually hate Carmen programs, not that one. :love:

Actually, they should've reused it in Sochi... *grumble grumble*

It'd be pretty cool to see V/M rework their Pink Floyd program from 2008-09.

I second both of your sentiments, SarahSynchro and SnowWhite - Tessa and Scott competitive career and programs they did is for me a rare (if not an unique) case of skater/skaters where I would love them to get back to almost all programs and see them now again, with their confidence, maturity, style and approach they now have.

I would love to see their Tango OD from 2006/07 season made into FD, or same for Flamenco OD from 2009/10 season, since I adored their all 'dance-y' programs no matter what place they took at the end, their natural dance talent was unmatched then and would shine in those programs now too. And probably my most favourite of their SDs - Waltz one from 2010/11 season, it would look flawless as FD. And they could use another Polish composer, like Kazanecki's 'Days and Nights' Waltz back then...:)

'Carmen' - I often wonder how would it be to have it in Sochi Olympics season done...And it would be great to see it now, because the program was daring, exciting, challenging and so sensual to feel and to look at. I would not mind either 'Funny Face' FD return or a similar movie-themed FD:)

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ashley Wagner: SP Pollack; FS Moulin Rouge ... but actually I love that she did Muse as a transition away from Moulin Rouge, so she can return to drama and a story for Olympic year, thus La La Land :love:

Tarah Kayne & Danny O'Shea: SP Take Me to Church; FS Music of the Night, Streisand/Crawford duet

Madison Chock & Evan Bates: Les Mis FS

Tatiana Volosozhar & Maxim Trankov: Bring Me to Life SP; Black Swan FS

Alexa Scimeca-Knierim & Chris Knierim: Your Song SP; Ghost FS. I'd like to see how they might progress these programs away from what they went through with her life-threatening illness, and see if they could be developed in a deeper way or new direction

Haven Denney & Brandon Frazier: FS Somewhere in Tiime; FS The Lion King

ETA: Fun idea for a thread, @VioletBliss!

brens78

Medalist
Country
Australia
Satoko's Planets! My fave of all the ladies FS last season and it never reached its peak as she had to withdraw from the worlds, 4cc and Asian games due to injury. That wondering how high she would have scored feeling...

However, this would be a fantastic back up program if she fails to impress this season but she'll impress me otherwise 😉

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Nonononono no way.... otherwise Katerina Witt should come back to every Olympics and just do Carmen.

Completely hopeless technically but deserving the highest PCS in the field... since apparently repeated programs should have no bearings on PCS. She might even need her own category beyond 10. Let's make it 20, given inflation side of things. Heck, she might even win the whole competition this way.

Huhhh? :shrug: Katarina wouldn't have won anything over the last 28+ seasons...

Likely I'm missing the joke.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I wish Adam Rippion would keep his "Let Me Think About It" SP from last season.

I don't care what y'all say, that program STILL gives me life. :love: :p Plus he never got to skate it past the GPF due to his injury.

We need MORE of Adam's fabulousness! MORE, dammit! :cheer:

I suppose since he's keeping last season's FP (which I love for different reasons, by the way), it would probably be taboo to keep the same SP as well.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
I wish Adam Rippion would keep his "Let Me Think About It" SP from last season.

I don't care what y'all say, that program STILL gives me life. :love: :p Plus he never got to skate it past the GPF due to his injury.

We need MORE of Adam's fabulousness! MORE, dammit! :cheer:

His new SP will be to Diamonds by Rihanna (sung by him?) and it's going to be equally fabulous. :luv17:

mrrice

Record Breaker
His new SP will be to Diamonds by Rihanna (sung by him?) and it's going to be equally fabulous. :luv17:

Can Adam Rippon sing??? :drama: Have I been living under a rock, when did this become news? Is he good? So far, the best "'actual" singer has been Yuna Kim followed by Elvis Stojko.

Anni234

Ina Bauer
Record Breaker
Country
Estonia
Evgenia - any one of her old programs, cause we all know they're all the friggen same anyway cause she refuses to work with anyone except that snooty self-proclaimed artiste.

I don't think that's entirely fair. We don't know if she refuses to work with anyone else or if they just work great together. I for one would love to see her W.E free program performed by a more grown up Evgenia. That program was a masterpiece.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Can Adam Rippon sing??? :drama: Have I been living under a rock, when did this become news? Is he good? So far, the best "'actual" singer has been Yuna Kim followed by Elvis Stojko.

We have no idea if Adam Rippon can sing. AFAIK, I have seen no posts on social media or articles indicating some training or deep love of singing (I followed him until it became way "pretty pix of Adam posing").

I think (I hope!) he's trolling us about this SP.:eeking: If Adam were to repeat anything, I would love him to repeat the beautiful Liszt LP from a few years ago, or that rousing Beatles LP. The Broken Bird LP does not speak to me at all (look, I can crook my head, look I'm a bird), but I realize I am a distinct minority.

Tulipstar

Medalist
I don't think that's entirely fair. We don't know if she refuses to work with anyone else or if they just work great together. I for one would love to see her W.E free program performed by a more grown up Evgenia. That program was a masterpiece.

Agree. Evgenia comes with two new programs this Olympic season.
Not really the right topic for snide remarks at Evgenia, I think.

Bonnie F

On the Ice
I've always thought the skaters in the team competition should use old long programs at least and use their new programs for the individual event. Then we'd get to see unique programs in each event and the skaters would not have to worry about having their program's big "Olympic moment" occurring in the team event.

mrrice

Record Breaker
We have no idea if Adam Rippon can sing. AFAIK, I have seen no posts on social media or articles indicating some training or deep love of singing (I followed him until it became way "pretty pix of Adam posing").

I think (I hope!) he's trolling us about this SP.:eeking: If Adam were to repeat anything, I would love him to repeat the beautiful Liszt LP from a few years ago, or that rousing Beatles LP. The Broken Bird LP does not speak to me at all (look, I can crook my head, look I'm a bird), but I realize I am a distinct minority.

You know what I liked about Adam's Bird LP.....I felt like HE felt it. Does that make sense? Personally my favorite Adam Rippon LP is his 2010 Concerto LP. I'll look for a clip brb.

Here it is...If he were to throw a couple of quads into this LP, I think it he would do very well. He jumped from 7th place to win the event with this spectacular performance.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0bIVfuh3-I