Suggest repeat programs for the Olympics | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Suggest repeat programs for the Olympics

mrrice

Record Breaker
Agree. Evgenia comes with two new programs this Olympic season.
Not really the right topic for snide remarks at Evgenia, I think.

I wish people would lay off of Evgenia. Until someone knocks her off her perch...She is still the Diva of Figure Skating. I'm sure that she and Eteri have giant picture's of Kaetlyn Osmond to remind them that she has serious competition going into the new season. Plus, she lives in a country where there are constant reminders of Russian greatness when it comes to skating.

kevinVchicago

Record Breaker
The best program last year was Laurine Lecavelier's SP, "Experience". Would love to see it again next season.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I've always thought the skaters in the team competition should use old long programs at least and use their new programs for the individual event. Then we'd get to see unique programs in each event and the skaters would not have to worry about having their program's big "Olympic moment" occurring in the team event.

Yeah, but then the skaters would have to worry about training two different SPs and FSs. What so many of them say is that the key to being well prepared is to have their current programs in their muscle memory. It would disadvantage some skaters with a particular mind set or approach and advantage others. I'm thinking of Julia, whose team programs were so spectacular in Sochi; I'm not at all sure having to skate two different programs would have aided a better result in individual event.

Roast Toast

Medalist
I will be very, very surprised if James/Cyprès don't reuse one or both of their programs this season. I think they'd be foolish to throw away their most successful packaging yet, even for something in a similar style. Both the SP and the FS have room for refinement as well. I know I, at least, am not tired of seeing them...

Sai Bon

Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
I'm surprised nobody has said Fix You for the Shibs yet. And I really loved their Coppelia SD.

Barb

Record Breaker
I'm surprised nobody has said Fix You for the Shibs yet. And I really loved their Coppelia SD.

I love those programs but in my opinion if a program was performed to its full potential (and I am aware that this is subjective, and there is no way to measure it) there is no point in doing it again. That's why I suggested Cinema paradiso for them, obviously I am not suggesting they do exactly the same thing but the music and the concept, they were kids after all.

GrandmaCC

On the Ice
I'm glad Ashley is doing HHCC for the Olympic season, I think that program brings out the best in her.
I'm glad too that Zagi will be keeping Don Q, I loved her performance this year (the senior version), will be great to see how she develops it.
Would probably advocate for a bell-shaped tutu though (well, a shorter version of one lol), or a different style of red dress. Hell, even the same damn tutu but just a little less like it is wider than Zagi is tall would suffice.
I don't know if Osmond has said what she'll be doing (she prob has, this is my fault for not keeping up), but her SP from this year - incredible!! Would LOVE to see it at the Games!

I would like to see someone do the exact same Carmen cut that Katerina used, if only for a comparison of how the sport has changed since '88. And so we can hear epic exasperated commentary like the lady calling Russian Nationals: "Oh GOD, she's skating to CARMEN!!!!" :p

Question - are skaters required to commit to the program they've submitted for competition? (Do they even submit a program, not the elements but the music etc). Or can they show up at world or Olys and without notice just use an old program, costume & all?

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Gilles and Poirier to do their Hitchcock programme again!

Yes, because they've improved so much as skaters, plus Paul had a horrendous injury that season. It would be a joy to see one of the single best programs in the history of ice dance skated injury free, with added experience and technical ability.