2017 Dance-Pairs Chicago Championships | Golden Skate

2017 Dance-Pairs Chicago Championships

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
2017 Dance-Pairs Chicago Championships are held at the Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, IL from August 11 to August 13, 2017.

The official (new) website (with very little information) - http://www.dance-pairschicago.com

Their Facebook page (no new information at the moment, but probably that will change) - https://m.facebook.com/dancepairschicago/

The old website (with the schedule) - http://comp.entryeeze.com/home.aspx?cid=385

The schedule - http://comp.entryeeze.com/SingleRinkSched.aspx?id=664

The list of international ice dance competitors as posted in the FSUniverse dance thread (I don't know the source - unfortunately could not find it myself, as there is no entry list on the websites themselves, but I'll ask):

International teams listed for the Chicago competition (Hawayek/Baker are the only U.S. senior team competing):

SENIOR
Abachkina, Angelique / Thauron, Louis France
Dufour, Olivia / Russell, Luke Great Britain
Ippolito, Aurelija / Jones, Malcolm Latvia
Hertenstein, Jenna / Binkowski, Damian Poland
Hew-Low, Kimberley / McKernan, Timothy Australia
Mueller, Katharina / Dieck, Tim Germany
Muramoto, Kana / Reed, Chris Japan
Nazarova, Alexandra / Nikitin, Maksym Ukraine
Reed, Allison / Ambrulevicius, Saulius Lithuania (new)
Tankova, Adel / Zilberberg, Ronald Israel

JUNIOR
Fadeev, Daria / Katsman, Val Israel (new) - SD ONLY
Ichilov, Shira / Davidovich, Vadim Israel
Tsutsumi, Megumi Detroit SC / Dickey, Devin Mexico (new) - FD ONLY

Unfortunately, no idea about the pairs entries. If someone has more information, they are free to post it.

Seems that there is not/won't be any live streaming either.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Junior dance teams also include:

Efimova & Petrov
The Elders
Fey & Niva
Nguyen & Kolesnik
Popova & Colucci
The Purnells
Rose & Michel

Senior pairs teams:
Conners & Krasnopolsky (ISR)
Fields & Stevens

lauravvv

Medalist
Country
Latvia
Kaitlin Hawayek and Jean-Luc Baker are also opening their season here.
Yes, they were mentioned in the post that I copied from FSUniverse. They are not on the list itself since it's the list of international ice dance competitors + they are the only US senior ice dance team showing their programs here.

Axelsk8r

Rinkside
Saw the Montreal programs.... except Smart/Diaz,not really impressed... S/F lots of distracting movements, they don't dance, they skate and no interaction between the two of them nothing like H/B

bramweld

Record Breaker
Saw the Montreal programs.... except Smart/Diaz,not really impressed... S/F lots of distracting movements, they don't dance, they skate and no interaction between the two of them nothing like H/B
That's the thing. Latin half of the battle is a good program. If you can't dance, only your levels will save you. There is only so much a coach can do with this type of rythym.

MelDee

Final Flight

Not sure if we watched the same program ;) Personally, I thought that so far S/D and S/F have shown the best SD material this season. Though I'd agree about not being impressed with neither Robledo/Fenero, nor Lauriault/Le Gac. H/B's SD doesn't seem do gel well together so far, it's quite disjointed. But it's only August, the teams will surely polish their material.

Barb

Record Breaker
Not sure if we watched the same program ;) Personally, I thought that so far S/D and S/F have shown the best SD material this season. Though I'd agree about not being impressed with neither Robledo/Fenero, nor Lauriault/Le Gac. H/B's SD doesn't seem do gel well together so far, it's quite disjointed. But it's only August, the teams will surely polish their material.

Who is S/F?