Eurosport Updates | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Updates

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
At the end of FS ice dance broadcast Sigi Heinrich stated that in Germany the Olympic figure skating competitions will be shown on TLC (free TV).

Interesting. Now that I've heard this, I expect that DMAX will also be utilised during the Olympics, since it is also Free To Air in Germany.

In the British Isles, DMAX (men's programming) and TLC (women's programming) are both subscription channels. But, Discovery have two Free To Air "taster channels": Quest (men's programming) and Quest Red (women's programming).

Quest is already used sometimes for overspill from Eurosport (mostly snooker and superbikes). So, it would make sense to make use of it and Quest Red during the Olympics.

But, four channels (ESP1, ESP2, DMAX/Quest, and TLC/Quest Red) still won't be enough to show everything.

So, that is why I think that the BBC and Discovery will end up utilising the UKTV network that they will soon jointly own, where 5 out of the 10 channels are Free To Air.

CaroLiza_fan

P.S. Since RTÉ is only vailable in Ireland (North and South), Sky sold the EPG slots that RTÉ uses in NI to Discovery last year, so that Discovery can use them in GB. And Discovery then re-organised their channels so as to move those channels that were buried near the bottom of the Entertainment section to these higher EPG slots.

Consequently, we in Northern Ireland can't get Quest Red on Sky! :mad:

But, we can get Quest Red on terrestrial TV, so that's something.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Well they show at least the Men's Free on Saturday, for IdF. I wanted the short as well, but...I sometimes don't get the logic. The french GP is arguably the most "European" event, and Eurosport has its base in France. But they showed all of CoC, but not of France. Concerning comments the german Eurosport commentator said they received messages over facebook telling them they were wrong about Alina Zagitova's eligibilty for the Olympics. So I guess, someone is reading the messages! I dislike facebook, but if I'm going to write to them, now I know that Social Media obviously works better than their e-mail accounts.

Miller

Final Flight
Well they show at least the Men's Free on Saturday, for IdF. I wanted the short as well, but...I sometimes don't get the logic. The french GP is arguably the most "European" event, and Eurosport has its base in France. But they showed all of CoC, but not of France. Concerning comments the german Eurosport commentator said they received messages over facebook telling them they were wrong about Alina Zagitova's eligibilty for the Olympics. So I guess, someone is reading the messages! I dislike facebook, but if I'm going to write to them, now I know that Social Media obviously works better than their e-mail accounts.

Bizarre re Germany. UK Eurosport has all it of it (on E2 for those interested), plus .com i.e. international has all of it also, E1 for men's short + long, E2 for rest of it. Let's hope for your sake they re-do their schedule, doesn't seem to be anything else on round about 7 p.m. GMT/8 p.m. CET when the men's short is on unless Germany has specific things they show on a Friday evening.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Bizarre re Germany. UK Eurosport has all it of it (on E2 for those interested), plus .com i.e. international has all of it also, E1 for men's short + long, E2 for rest of it. Let's hope for your sake they re-do their schedule, doesn't seem to be anything else on round about 7 p.m. GMT/8 p.m. CET when the men's short is on unless Germany has specific things they show on a Friday evening.

Eurosport 2 shows a rerun of ski jumping and snooker when the short happens. Yes, I really hope they rethink that.

Miller

Final Flight
so they show nhk fully? that's great at least for next week!

No, NHK is 7 out of 8 programmes, no sign of men's free either live or highlights, most of rest of it is highlights (extended 1 hour/1 hour 15 min ones), but some live (men's short, ladies free), but check your local variation.

IDF is live all 8, UK + International, but Germany as above no men's short, yet again check your local variation.

Tutto

Record Breaker
No, NHK is 7 out of 8 programmes, no sign of men's free either live or highlights, most of rest of it is highlights (extended 1 hour/1 hour 15 min ones), but some live (men's short, ladies free), but check your local variation.

IDF is live all 8, UK + International, but Germany as above no men's short, yet again check your local variation.

Yeah, I can't see Mens Free on my Sky schedule but numerous repeats of everything else, I am thinking that maybe I should record all of them in a hope that one of those has just been wrongly titled :pray:

Miller

Final Flight
Yeah, I can't see Mens Free on my Sky schedule but numerous repeats of everything else, I am thinking that maybe I should record all of them in a hope that one of those has just been wrongly titled :pray:

Watch this space everybody. Was going to say worth a shot, but have just looked at schedule of UK Player and TV schedule and men's free is there Saturday morning. Details not fully confirmed but looks like ladies and men's free will both be live. Ditto men's and ladies short Friday morning.

Eurosport.com looking even better, both segments of men's and ladies seems to be confirmed as live, with pairs and dance highlights (as per UK/Ireland). Check your own local variations to confirm.

Miller

Final Flight
Thought I'd provide an update seeing as NHK starts tomorrow. Looks like UK/Ireland showing ladies and men's shorts and free live was a false alarm. The schedule no longer has them, but does have great huge gaps in their place instead. However there's been no sign of it being updated this last couple of days, plus Sky's EGP also has the original 7 out of 8 option so looks like this is what we'll get. However I would suggest people check to the last moment and especially if recording. If the EPG changes your recordings could be dropped with nothing being picked up instead i.e. you could end up recording nothing if it changes.

On the Eurosport International front the schedule is still the same i.e. both men's and ladies shorts and free live. We could end up the with the crazy situation we had in Rostelecom where there was English commentary by Simon/Chris/Mark going out on International but not being shown in the UK. Tutto's idea of recording every highlights in sight could be a good one when it comes to men's hghlights, that sort of thing has definitely worked in the past, not too often, but it has. Also you may be able to hear their commentary on Youtube if you wait. After Rostelecom uploaders uploaded their commentary of the Ladies Free so if they do the same here you could perhaps make a note of the positions after the SP and watch them back in order, unless of course you're already watching them commentary free on the Player/some other livestream (Men's Free is definitely live on the UK Player according to its schedule).

All in all best of luck with your own provider.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thought I'd provide an update seeing as NHK starts tomorrow. Looks like UK/Ireland showing ladies and men's shorts and free live was a false alarm. The schedule no longer has them, but does have great huge gaps in their place instead. However there's been no sign of it being updated this last couple of days, plus Sky's EGP also has the original 7 out of 8 option so looks like this is what we'll get. However I would suggest people check to the last moment and especially if recording. If the EPG changes your recordings could be dropped with nothing being picked up instead i.e. you could end up recording nothing if it changes.

On the Eurosport International front the schedule is still the same i.e. both men's and ladies shorts and free live. We could end up the with the crazy situation we had in Rostelecom where there was English commentary by Simon/Chris/Mark going out on International but not being shown in the UK. Tutto's idea of recording every highlights in sight could be a good one when it comes to men's hghlights, that sort of thing has definitely worked in the past, not too often, but it has. Also you may be able to hear their commentary on Youtube if you wait. After Rostelecom uploaders uploaded their commentary of the Ladies Free so if they do the same here you could perhaps make a note of the positions after the SP and watch them back in order, unless of course you're already watching them commentary free on the Player/some other livestream (Men's Free is definitely live on the UK Player according to its schedule).

All in all best of luck with your own provider.

Thanks for the update.

Just so that you know, the reason that my schedule post for the NHK still only has British Eurosport on it is that my "unblocky friend" has been mis-behaving a lot the past couple of days, so I wasn't able to access the continental schedules.

But, it seems to be playing ball today, so I will get back to it now in case it changes it's mind.

During those couple of days while I wasn't able to do the TV schedules, I started making out a list of the sport categories on the Eurosport Player. And it has been VERY interesting.

I'm not finished yet, but at the moment I have reached 197 sports. :jaw: Most of them Eurosports don't actually have the rights for. And some of them I've never even heard tell of!

But, more on that once I get the list finished.

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
Thanks for the update.

Just so that you know, the reason that my schedule post for the NHK still only has British Eurosport on it is that my "unblocky friend" has been mis-behaving a lot the past couple of days, so I wasn't able to access the continental schedules.

But, it seems to be playing ball today, so I will get back to it now in case it changes it's mind.

During those couple of days while I wasn't able to do the TV schedules, I started making out a list of the sport categories on the Eurosport Player. And it has been VERY interesting.

I'm not finished yet, but at the moment I have reached 197 sports. :jaw: Most of them Eurosports don't actually have the rights for. And some of them I've never even heard tell of!

But, more on that once I get the list finished.

CaroLiza_fan

Hot off the presses! Sky's UK EPG now has ladies SP and men's SP live tomorrow morning. Also men's free and ladies free on Saturday morning i.e. all 8 programmes should now be shown (unless of course they're just messing with us again). If you've already set programmes to record tomorrow morning you'll need to re-do as, as above, some will have disappeared from your recording list. Fingers crossed for tomorrow... Schedule even makes sense. http://www.eurosport.co.uk/tvschedule.shtml

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
No Skate America on german Eurosport on Friday, 24th. I hope that just means it is that late, that it will actually happen sometime on the 25th. If not, we won't see Skate America at all. Please, nope! :confused:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
My fear has been confirmed. No sight of Skate America on Saturday either on Eurosport/Eurosport 2. Disappointing. :disagree:

Miller

Final Flight
No Skate America on german Eurosport on Friday, 24th. I hope that just means it is that late, that it will actually happen sometime on the 25th. If not, we won't see Skate America at all. Please, nope! :confused:

Yep, it ain't great. Nothing on .co.uk or .com for Friday or Saturday. Friday is understandable, is only an evening session so first one UK time would be 11 p.m. onwards, while Saturday, irony of ironies, there's live skiing from Canada and States, at least next year SA goes back to start of the season. Think they could have made an effort to show the men's free 9 p.m./10 p.m. CET if they'd really wanted, but looks like Rostelecom or worse. Will have to see re tomorrow - FD = 7 p.m. UK + Ladies Free = 9 p.m., don't often get live sport on a Sunday evening on Eurosport, will be snooker on one side but other should be OK, but will they bother at that stage. Could just be commentary free highlights during the week, but still time to go, NHK only got fully sorted out day before transmission, hope everyone picked up the changes.

Miller

Final Flight
My fear has been confirmed. No sight of Skate America on Saturday either on Eurosport/Eurosport 2. Disappointing. :disagree:

Ladies Free live Sunday evening 9 p.m. UK/10 p.m. CET, also fairly brief highlights of men's free and pairs free from previous evening. Cross your fingers that snooker, or skiing, depending on your provider, doesn't overrun.

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
I've mostly stopped looking up the TV schedules. Because the livestreams are available, I'm not bothering with the commentary TV versions anymore unless I have to (like for some reason, I couldn't find the Ladies FS livestream without commentary, only the E2 version. Couldn't find the gala without, either, but turns out it's listed as free dance, so there are two free dances in the Player, lol).
I was on holiday last weekend in the UK, and had social engagements this weekend, too, so couldn't watch much live, anyway. The Player streams have been great. :thumbsup:

I guess it was to be expected there wouldn't be much live on TV of Skate America...

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
My TV magazine says that Eurosport 1 shows the Men's short of IdF on Friday evening, but the actually Eurosport 1 schedule does have Bundesliga and Ski Jumping in their list. :( I wanted to see that short, why???

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
My TV magazine says that Eurosport 1 shows the Men's short of IdF on Friday evening, but the actually Eurosport 1 schedule does have Bundesliga and Ski Jumping in their list. :( I wanted to see that short, why???

Just added the ESP Deutschland schedules to my schedule post.

Don't know what's happened the Men's SP, but the broadcasts with commentary for the Pairs SP, Ladies FS and Pairs FS have been shifted over to the Eurosport Player.

Which begs the question - why hasn't the same been done for the Men's SP? :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

Miller

Final Flight
Just added the ESP Deutschland schedules to my schedule post.

Don't know what's happened the Men's SP, but the broadcasts with commentary for the Pairs SP, Ladies FS and Pairs FS have been shifted over to the Eurosport Player.

Which begs the question - why hasn't the same been done for the Men's SP? :confused:

CaroLiza_fan

Watch out for the Ladies FS everyone, it's scheduled TV wise for 1 p.m. Eurosport UK and 2 p.m. CET. However the actual competition starts at 12.20/13.20 and looks like they'll cut to it once the live luge before it (12 p.m. to 1 p.m.) finishes. Don't think they've ever shown anything 'as live' but delayed before (I stand to be corrected), hence it's likely we'll miss the first few skaters of group 1. However also be aware they've sometimes cut to something early once the live sport preceding it has finished. Hence something to be aware of if recording/planning to switch on the telly at 1 p.m./2 p.m.