Eurosport Updates | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Eurosport Updates

MGstyle

Crawling around on the ice after chestnuts
Medalist
Eurosport player should show them live. Listing of the airing time of the live streaming is all messed up though. Mens SP listed one hour before the competition starts. I hope they will sort it out.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
Ah, I forgot that today is Bundesliga. So no Ladies & Ice Dance commentary on the Eurosport Player for me. I still can't believe that they don't stream Eurosport 2 over the player. So *insertswearword* dumb! :furious:

Tutto

Record Breaker
Why UK tv schedule stuck on 2nd November? I was hoping to negotiate a day off next Friday for CoC but still unsure about coverage :rolleye:

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Men's live, bless! Just hope the FS @ NHK will be live, too. :pray:
Don't desperately need live commentary for the other three...

And no Men’s FS.
AGAIN.
I know they’re not purposely trying to not do a live commentary of Hanyu’s FS, but, gggrrr, really annoyed now.

Miller

Final Flight
Why UK tv schedule stuck on 2nd November? I was hoping to negotiate a day off next Friday for CoC but still unsure about coverage :rolleye:

All 4 disciplines are live on E2 according to the Player schedule - if you press right on your remote a million times you should also find them on your EPG. Dance starts 7.30 a.m., Ladies 09:00, Mens 10:45, Pairs 13:00.

We'll have to wait and see re Saturday. Ladies Free was there 08:30 Sat a.m. but now nothing, but nothing in it's place (still says it's on the player), then Mens and Pairs free live, Free Dance highlights 14:30.

Miller

Final Flight
And no Men’s FS.
AGAIN.
I know they’re not purposely trying to not do a live commentary of Hanyu’s FS, but, gggrrr, really annoyed now.

Must cost them more money (which they're not prepared to pay), am sure they have done this last couple of years, don't know before that. Short Dance and Free Dance highlights on Sat + Sun (is that the actual day of competition?). In summary 7 out of 8 programmes shown but not the one that many people would love to see. As per usual Eurosport not thinking about the viewer experience, just their need to fill schedules as cheaply as possible.

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
And no Men’s FS.
AGAIN.

Idk about dutch Eurosport, but the comments from the German Eurosport commentators on Ladies yesterday wasn't good. They were plainly WRONG and badly informed. I know that not every commentator is a fan and spends their time reading about the skaters, but some things are so ridiculous, I'd rather have them shut up and hear nothing instead of this nonsense. And the way the breathe into the microphone is really loud and DISTRACTING.

Eclair

Medalist
Idk about dutch Eurosport, but the comments from the German Eurosport commentators on Ladies yesterday wasn't good. They were plainly WRONG and badly informed. I know that not every commentator is a fan and spends their time reading about the skaters, but some things are so ridiculous, I'd rather have them shut up and hear nothing instead of this nonsense. And the way the breathe into the microphone is really loud and DISTRACTING.

you know if you don't want to hear them, I suggest you can switch to the stream without commentary..

Btw I was able to rewind the live streams in their full length, so not only 5 minutes! :)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
you know if you don't want to hear them, I suggest you can switch to the stream without commentary..

When I was finally catching up on the Cup Of Russia Gala before the coverage expired from the On Demand service yesterday, I was flicking between the World Feed coverage and the Eurosport 2 highlights. And, I have to admit, I preferred the World Feed for the Gala, because Simon's comments didn't really add much to the experience.

That said, a Gala Exhibition is a totally different kettle of fish to a competition. Good commentary during a competition does help you to understand what is going on. IF they get the balance between talking and not talking right.

And if they get their facts right, of course.

Btw I was able to rewind the live streams in their full length, so not only 5 minutes! :)

For the additional streams (eg. the World Feeds), yes you can rewind the full length. But for the ESP1 and ESP2 streams, it is just 5 minutes.

I really wish they would go back to letting you re-wind 3 hours on the linear channels.

By the way, in reference to the cancelling that you mentioned in a previous post, I had no bother cancelling my £5 a month subscription last Monday, and signing up again with the £30 annual subscription on Tuesday night after my previous subscription had been completed.

And the account page is coming up properly when I checked there now, so it isn't something that has changed between when I was on the page last Tuesday, and when you posted your comment last Friday.

So, it may have been a temporary glitch. Or else, your version of Eurosport Player may now be doing things differently to mine.

CaroLiza_fan

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
When I was finally catching up on the Cup Of Russia Gala before the coverage expired from the On Demand service yesterday, I was flicking between the World Feed coverage and the Eurosport 2 highlights. And, I have to admit, I preferred the World Feed for the Gala, because Simon's comments didn't really add much to the experience.

That said, a Gala Exhibition is a totally different kettle of fish to a competition. Good commentary during a competition does help you to understand what is going on. IF they get the balance between talking and not talking right.

For the additional streams (eg. the World Feeds), yes you can rewind the full length. But for the ESP1 and ESP2 streams, it is just 5 minutes.

I really wish they would go back to letting you re-wind 3 hours on the linear channels.

By the way, in reference to the cancelling that you mentioned in a previous post, I had no bother cancelling my £5 a month subscription last Monday, and signing up again with the £30 annual subscription on Tuesday night after my previous subscription had been completed.

And the account page is coming up properly when I checked there now, so it isn't something that has changed between when I was on the page last Tuesday, and when you posted your comment last Friday.

So, it may have been a temporary glitch. Or else, your version of Eurosport Player may now be doing things differently to mine.

CaroLiza_fan

They do have interesting information, especially on the lower tiers skaters, at least I don't know much about or anecdotes from past competitions. I always watch my favourite skaters without commentary later on youtube anyway...it just annoys me when they make factual wrong statements with conviction. They kept harping on how Kaetlyn Osmond was repeating her short for the third time and her long was the same one as last year. They commentated on all the competitions last year. Is the short time memory really that bad? Also, when they mentioned the only skater who would kind of be able to beat Medvedeva, Zagitova, they said, but too bad...she's too young to go to the Olympic Games. Well, they're in for a surprise.

Eclair

Medalist

CaroLiza_fan

I just checked the atonement page again just in case I missed something and it really seems we have different versions ... Earlier the season I could cancel my abonnement with 1 click, while now this feature is gone and I would have to send an email to support.eurosport to cancel :rolleye:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I just checked the atonement page again just in case I missed something and it really seems we have different versions ... Earlier the season I could cancel my abonnement with 1 click, while now this feature is gone and I would have to send an email to support.eurosport to cancel :rolleye:

Are you watching on the French version?

I'm going to be doing the TV schedules post for the Cup of China later on today. So, if you want, I can check if the subscription page for my account comes up differently on the French version to the British version while I'm in there, and let you know.

It would be interesting to know if things differ depending on where the account's billing address is, rather than differing depending on where the Player is being accessed from.

CaroLiza_fan

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, I'm watching the German version ;)

Sorry, I just assumed from your username and the way you used the word "abonnement" that you were French. :eek:: :slink:

That's even better, because that's the version I usually go to first when not watching my own.

In fact, I would go as far as to say that I watch the German version as much as the British! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

Winnie_20

Record Breaker
Snooker instead of Skate Canada....who would have guessed. :palmf:

Oh no. :-(
When is our next chance to catch the recap? I don't see anything until tomorrow evening 7 pm!

edit: huh, that's freaky, now it starts!! Getting some short recaps of the short programs, too, so that's decent of them, anyway. Men SP now. With Dutch commentary, and I just checked and there is some commentary with the Gala recap, too, so I can do a bit of translating. :thumbsup:

MaiKatze

Record Breaker
I had the same two questions. I really Don't Get It. Very bad form. :disagree:

They also showed Patrick's free. That one isn't as horrible as Anna's though. I mean, they could've just mentioned she had a bad outing and then showed Marin's free instead, if they still had time. Poor Anna.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
No, I'm watching the German version ;)

Just to let you know, the subscription page is coming up as normal for me on the German, French and Dutch versions of the Player.

So, it must be something to do with your account.

CaroLiza_fan