Quad Axel | Golden Skate

Quad Axel

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
It looks more like he isn't checking out of a 3A fast enough and over-rotating it so it looks to you like a 4A but it's not.

DelRetiro

On the Ice
It looks more like he isn't checking out of a 3A fast enough and over-rotating it so it looks to you like a 4A but it's not.

The rinkside guy taking the video admits that he doesn't know much about figure skating and that he just tries to count how many revolutions. He keeps counting four rev's even though I could swear MCM is doing only three. It's tough to tell though given the poor video quality. Rinkside guy said he'll try to get an interview in with MCM afterward and that he'll post that video later, if possible. Surely MCM can set the rinkside guy straight as to whether he's going for a quad axel or just a triple.

emipeters

Rinkside
I get the desire to be the first ever to land the quad axel, but I really hope Michael is not devoting to much time to it - none of his other jumps are particularly strong (in particular his 3A), and in Olympic season, wouldn't he be better working on consistency and GOE on current layout, and maybe adding a 4T or 4S?

ranran

Zamboni time
On the Ice
Glad to have some update from Martinez as he is preparing for Sea Game in Malaysia. I'm going to watch the competition live at the venue, so if he is attempting Quad Axel there... then wow. Julian and him are basically the main contender there for Men.