Patrick Chan on 2017-18 | Golden Skate

Patrick Chan on 2017-18

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ted Flett talks with 2014 Olympic silver medalist Patrick Chan about his music choices for the 2017-18 season, the road to the 2018 Olympics, and more.

Enjoy!

What are your thoughts on his new programs? Do you think he has a shot at a podium repeat?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Holy Cow....I can hardly breathe.....:drama: Look, it's no secret how much I love Patrick but how can you not.....Not only is talented, he is so intelligent. I'll be cheering for him all season and as I much as I love the other's in the field, I really want Patrick to WIN the OGM. :bow:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
Patrick's new programs and his mindset that goes with them have been discussed on his Fan thread. This is a nice video interview that lets us watch and hear him speak his thoughts. So far, all the reports have been quite straight forward without all the spinning like when mass media is involved such as nearing and during the Olympics.

For their Olympic programs, often skaters go back to old programs or music they are comfortable and/or have a special connection with. In Patrick's case, as his mind evolves since his comeback, these new pieces of music are ones that he resonates with now that will help in his focus and interpretative expression. His principle re figure skating, however, has not changed and that plays and will play a big part on the technical contents of his programs. it's interesting and noteworthy how his current mental state aligns with what has been saved since two years ago for his Olympic SP by his previous coach Johnson and choreographer Wilson. Did Kathy foresee his spiritual growth and evolution?

Here is wishing Patrick success in optimally balancing program contents and performance, and achieving an ideal blend of technical prowess and artistry in figure skating.

Last edited:

Sam L

Medalist
I'm with Patrick all the way. Medals or not. It's all about the skating.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Last edited by Violet Bliss; Today at 05:29 PM. Reason: Is mess media a typo or a fraudian slip?

mess media? LOL

fraudian slip ? :laugh2:

you are the best VB :biggrin:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Holy Cow....I can hardly breathe.....:drama: Look, it's no secret how much I love Patrick but how can you not.....Not only is talented, he is so intelligent. I'll be cheering for him all season and as I much as I love the other's in the field, I really want Patrick to WIN the OGM. :bow:

Dear mrrice,

May I remind you that polygamy is forbidden ? :) You have Maria B, Patrick is mine !!!!
:laugh2:

Violet Bliss

Record Breaker
mess media? LOL

fraudian slip ? :laugh2:

you are the best VB :biggrin:

Now per usual, another typo realized only when quoted. You had to bring it up from the fine print, didn't you?

Can a typo in the explanation for correcting a typo be edited for correction?

mrrice

Record Breaker
Dear mrrice,

May I remind you that polygamy is forbidden ? :) You have Maria B, Patrick is mine !!!!
:laugh2:

I'm afraid this comment needs a GIANT KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.....I just showed this to my friends and they were like..:confused2: "Wow"...."You guys are really possessive of your favorites!!" I just laughed because I couldn't disagree. :dance:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Now per usual, another typo realized only when quoted. You had to bring it up from the fine print, didn't you?

Can a typo in the explanation for correcting a typo be edited for correction?

i always read the fine print ;)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I'm afraid this comment needs a GIANT KABOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously.....I just showed this to my friends and they were like..:confused2: "Wow"...."You guys are really possessive of your favorites!!" I just laughed because I couldn't disagree. :dance:

hehe ;) a little fantasy has never killed anyone ;)

- - - Updated - - -

But promiscuity is not.

i am as pure as an angel ;)

randomsplashes

Rinkside
As a fan, I feel so privileged to watch Patrick grow in his artistry and maturity. I love the background story behind his programs for this season, especially "Dust in the Wind" SP. It's true, at the end of the day, we're just a small part of this vast universe so it's important that we make it count and hence, Patrick's love for skating truly makes a mark in this sport.