Denis Ten is Injured | Golden Skate

Denis Ten is Injured

nimi

Medalist
It always feels weird to click 'like' or 'thumbs up' when it comes to posts re: injuries... Especially when it's about someone who has had more than his share of injuries over the years. But thanks for sharing and hoping for a speedy recovery for him!

noskates

Record Breaker
Ohhh nooo - I feel so sorry for Denis. Really enjoyed his skating. I wonder if he can come back soon enough to be viable for the competition season.

andromache

Record Breaker
No offense or shade intended to Denis, but he is definitely one of those skaters who is always dealing with some kind of injury. Wonder what his career would be like if he was more consistently healthy. Remember when he was a WGM contender a few years ago? He beat Javier and Yuzu in the LP at 2015 Worlds.

noskates

Record Breaker
Denis does seem to be star-crossed. Just my opinion, but I think when quads became necessary he is one of those skaters who maybe (maybe!) doesn't have the physical wherewithal to do them consistently without problems.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
He always had potential and showed flashes of it too only to be set back injury after injury :(

Thank god he slipped in to win that Bronze in Sochi :agree:

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Well he did enough quads to get two world medals, a 4CC championship and a OBM, so while his current situation is frustrating, he has experienced peak greatness that many of his peers won't.

NAOTMAA

Medalist
Well he did enough quads to get two world medals, a 4CC championship and a OBM, so while his current situation is frustrating, he has experienced peak greatness that many of his peers won't.

and not too shabby for a guy from Kazakhstan too ;)

I hope there there a bunch of little kids from his country who took inspiration from his success and in the next decade it pays off :cool:

mrrice

Record Breaker

I would imagine he is the greatest Men's skater his country has ever seen.....In fact, he may be the best in the history of Kazakhstan

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:cry: So sorry to hear this! Wishing Denis a full recovery & hope he will be able to compete @ some point this season!

OS

Sedated by Modonium
Record Breaker
Get well soon Denis, together with your sister in arm So young Park, please return to the ice again, you are surely missedl!!

It is pretty cool to read he participated in the choir Olympics and received a silver when he was young. I didn't know he is a choir boy and sings!!! Should perhaps do a duet with Yuna for an Olympic song or something. From one Olympic ambassador to another.

I am super intrigued by his program music by a young unknown Kazakh, the rare original risky program conceived not for points for the big stage, the choice alone is a gem! It is also interesting to read him pursuing an MBA already while still doing this sport... and that he sees himself still in the sport after Pyeonchang. Go for it, you can have it all.

anyanka

Record Breaker
He seems to peak at the right moment though. He had that really weird injury in the fall of 2013 and edged out Javi for the bronze in Sochi, then the next season after unspectacular results on the GP series he wins 4CC and world bronze. I hope he recovers but I wouldn't be surprised if he lands on the Olympic or world podium in 2018 again!

Tolstoj

Record Breaker
What a shame!

I rewatched the Men FS at Sochi and he was the best, he won for being the darkhorse of the event.

Hanyu, Chan, Fernandez, Han, they all made mistakes and falls while he took his time to set all the jumps. The program also grew on me: it was very well choreographed (the steps sequence in particular) and appropriate for an Olympic event in Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmOUP7OdfRY

Celine

On the Ice
This is so frustrating to hear about. He has played such an important role in the sport, as an ambassador for his country and their bid effort for the 2022 Olympics (which ultimately went to Beijing). By any measure, a tremendous career. One just hates to see injury interfere at such pivotal moments. Wishing him health!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Cannot agree with you more. I cannot think of any year he competed the entire season.
No offense or shade intended to Denis, but he is definitely one of those skaters who is always dealing with some kind of injury. Wonder what his career would be like if he was more consistently healthy. Remember when he was a WGM contender a few years ago? He beat Javier and Yuzu in the LP at 2015 Worlds.