Skoptcova and Aleshin land gold in Nagoya | Golden Skate

Skoptcova and Aleshin land gold in Nagoya

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Anastasia Skoptcova and Kirill Aleshin of Russia took the gold in the Ice Dance event at the 2017-18 Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating on Saturday. USA’s Christina Carreira and Anthony Ponomarenko came in a close second, followed by Russia’s Sofia Polishchuk and Alexander Vakhnov.

All six teams were solid, most of whom performed difficult level four lifts, twizzles, and combination spins.
“Overall, I am happy with the performance,” said Ushakova. “The step sequences are the area we need to work for the improvement (serpentine level two). This was our first time at the Grand Prix Final and I thought we did what we could do for both Free and Short Dance. Because we experienced several big competitions before this, we didn’t get that nervous. The Final is another great opportunity to watch the senior skaters. We need to fix what we missed today and continue practicing for Russian Nationals.”

“We felt pretty good with how well we trained considering I was injured,” said Lajoie. “We trained two weeks before coming here and we felt pretty good with the limited time we had. The crowd was amazing and it’s really good to be here in Japan for the Grand Prix Final. We will review our videos and watch our skate and see what we have to improve.”

More

What are your thoughts on the ice dance event? Do you consider it an "upset"?

Last edited: