2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events | Page 37 | Golden Skate

2016-17 Russian Qualifiers and other events

hanca

Record Breaker
Her 6th placement at the Junior Nationals will guarantee her a place at the national team and a JGP event assuming nothing major happens to her during summer. I doubt she would be interested in skating at the Nationals Elder age.
But Feditchkina may want to move to seniors next season. 6th place at the junior nationals won't get her on senior team, whereas if she placed well at the elder age nationals, she may get at least to the senior reserve team, which would enable her to get some senior assignments.

hanca

Record Breaker
I wonder when will Bich realise that this partnership is not going anywhere. They are together third season and I can't see any improvements. He used to look so promising at the junior level.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Nationals Younger Age

After elements

1. Trusova 56.84
2. Tarakanova 55.32
3. Ryabova 53.52
4. Shcherbakova 53.40

The Finn

Record Breaker
I wonder why Osipova/Gallyamov weren't named as one of the substitutes for Junior Worlds? Intead of them Poluianova/Selkin were named as the last substitute.

Well, now we know why they weren't selected, they have split up. Gallyamov is the new partner of Nastia Mishina.

The Finn

Record Breaker
Russian Fed has some tough choices ahead.

JGP candidates for next season.

Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov
Daria Kvartalova / Alexei Sviatchenko
Lina Kudryavtseva / Alexander Simenenko
Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin
Anastasia Mishina / Alexander Gallyamov
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot
Anastasia Poluianova / Maksim Selkin

Some of these pairs might split up during summer and also a totally new pair can emerge before test skate event but in any case there will be plenty of very good pairs available for the Russian Fed to choose from.

hanca

Record Breaker
Russian Fed has some tough choices ahead.

JGP candidates for next season.

Aleksandra Boikova / Dmitrii Kozlovskii
Amina Atakhanova / Ilia Spiridonov
Alina Ustimkina / Nikita Volodin
Elizaveta Zhuk / Egor Britkov
Daria Kvartalova / Alexei Sviatchenko
Lina Kudryavtseva / Alexander Simenenko
Daria Pavlyuchenko / Denis Khodykin
Anastasia Mishina / Alexander Gallyamov
Ekaterina Borisova / Dmitry Sopot
Anastasia Poluianova / Maksim Selkin

Some of these pairs might split up during summer and also a totally new pair can emerge before test skate event but in any case there will be plenty of very good pairs available for the Russian Fed to choose from.
I don't think those pairs will split up. Those are the ones who have results, so what would be the point? (Actually, looking at it again, I can quite imagine Zhuk/Brtikov splitting up because Brtikov can't jump very consistently). Isn't Mirzoev looking for a very tiny partner? Zhuk would tick the boxes. The only disadvantage would be that they would have one year at junior level, and after that they would have to sit out a year before she gets senior eligible.

The Russian junior pairs field is much stronger than it was in the last few years. What is amazing is that many of those pairs were only created in last off season and are together just their first year. If they continue to improve the same way as Boikova/Kozlovskii, I wouldn't be surprised if junior pairs will soon become as strong as junior ladies, because they will push each other to get better. (At the moment Russian juniors were stronger than pairs in any other country, but I wouldn't say they were as strong and competitive as ther junior ladies. Their medals were more because of the weak competition in junior pairs around the world rather than them being strong, but things are changing.)
But having only 12 spots (six pairs ) for JGP will be very harsh. Who will go without? (My guess is Poluyanova/Selkin and Zhuk/Brtikov, and then whoever may be struggling because of puberty).

Last edited:

The Finn

Record Breaker
Coming events

Final of the VIII Winter Spartakiad, 24-29 March 2017, Saransk

Not much info yet, only schedule.
http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1617/sparta1617_competition_shedule_revised.pdf

Nationals Elder Age, 01-04 April 2017, Veliky Novgorod

Schedule
http://www.fsrussia.ru/files/docs/competitons/1617/olimpic_hopes1617_competition_shedule.pdf

Preliminary entry list. There are no single skater from Saint Petersburg yet, and also no ice dance teams or pairs yet.
http://www.fskate.ru/results/tour/1540.html

The Finn

Record Breaker
According to rumors Nastia Gubanova, Alisa Fedichkina, Makar Ignatov, Evgeni Semenenko, Boikova/Kozlovskii and Kvartalova/Sviatchenko will represent Saint Petersburg at the Winter Spartakiad.

I have also seen a rumor that Polina Tsurskaya should skate here but will have to wait and see if that will be case because this event will be held soon after Junior Worlds.