Yuzuru is going to put 5 quads | Golden Skate

Yuzuru is going to put 5 quads

mrrice

Record Breaker
Isn't Vincent Zhou planning to up the amount of quads??

I thought Vincent and Alexei K. were planning to stay in the Juniors? I thought since Vincent won Junior Worlds that he had to move up but, then I remembered that Adam won 2 Junior World Titles so, I guess he can stay a Junior if he wants to.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
I thought Vincent and Alexei K. were planning to stay in the Juniors? I thought since Vincent won Junior Worlds that he had to move up but, then I remembered that Adam won 2 Junior World Titles so, I guess he can stay a Junior if he wants to.

No, Vincent is going Senior and has already announced his FS to have 5 (or was it 6 even?) quads.

mrrice

Record Breaker
No, Vincent is going Senior and has already announced his FS to have 5 (or was it 6 even?) quads.

That's awesome.....This is going to be quite a big year for the men. I just hope they all stay injury free and may the best skater win. If his name happens to be Patrick.....All the better...:peace:

frida80

Record Breaker

Vincent has two GP scheduled. He's definitely senior now.

Nocturne

On the Ice
So... Is Yuzu planning to do 2 4Ss, 1 4T and 2 4Ls or what? Or will he add the 4Z to keep doing 2 3As?

I feel like he's planning to break the 400 point barrier xD

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
So... Is Yuzu planning to do 2 4Ss, 1 4T and 2 4Ls or what? Or will he add the 4Z to keep doing 2 3As?
I feel like he's planning to break the 400 point barrier xD

He is sort of vague about it. Let me quote you exactly what he said:

“I’m able to jump [4Lz] and practice is going fairly well, but I’m not considering it for now. [First] settling everything nicely with the current layout, attacking each [element] properly and completing it is what I want to do.”
x

So what is for now? Until the layout settles in practices? In comps? What is attacking each element properly (for example considering his 4T-3T now in the SP)?

How it's interpreted is really up to the individual then. My personal belief is that yes, the 4Lz will be one of the five (if not necessarily right away at ACI but yes at the Olys) to both raise his jump BV and because of his precious 3As.

In that case probably 4Lo, 4Lz, 3F //4S-3T, 4T-Lo-3S, 4T, 3A-2T, 3A

In the case of just 1 3A and no Lz, it'd probably be 4Lo, 4S, 3F//4S-3T, 4T-Lo-3S, 4T, 3A-2T, 3Lz

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker

In the case of just 1 3A and no Lz, it'd probably be 4Lo, 4S, 3F//4S-3T, 4T-Lo-3S, 4T, 3A-2T, 3Lz

It's scary what the guys will be trying. I think we'll see more than a few epically bad LP's due to the combination of difficulty and Olympic pressure.

Tahuu

On the Ice

In the first case (I don't think he will go this route), the risk is 4Lz fall and 4T<<. In the 2nd case, the risk is 4T< or 4T<< and then he can no longer replace 3Lz with 3A. He sometimes under-rotates 4T. See here at the recent open practice. The 4T is more than 270 UR, if not 360, similar to his 4T 2015 GPF (he got away there).

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
It's scary what the guys will be trying. I think we'll see more than a few epically bad LP's due to the combination of difficulty and Olympic pressure.

I'm not sure... maybe I'm thinking wishful here, but the guys are far more consistent these past few seasons than the ones leading to Sochi. I'm optimistic that at least one skater will be able to rise to the occasion and present huge difficulty relatively cleanly, and hopefully they are rewarded appropriately for it.

I also think Korea will be more supportive of all skaters and not the zoo that Sochi was, and skaters will be less nervous and more uplifted by the crowd to perform well. Sochi was weird and felt almost hostile, followed by apathy when Russia had nobody to root for.

Famous last words but, nothing can be as messy as Sochi. With 3-6 quads, it'll be quite a minefield for the skaters. But there are some new faces like Uno and Jin and Chen who have skated pretty much clean so it's not just Javier/Chan/Hanyu who have the potential to light it up. Certainly the competition will be more of a toss-up in terms of predicting the podium/winners.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Count me as a little unsure of this thread's purpose? It's the Olympic season, a lot of guys are upgrading technically, Hanyu's not unique in this respect.

Yatagarasu

Record Breaker
In the first case (I don't think he will go this route), the risk is 4Lz fall and 4T<<.

Any URs aside, not to get into that talk, there is no other question about his layout in terms of quads, apart from the 4Lz. The 4T-Lo-3S is happening, as well as the 4S-3T and the solo 4Lo. I guess the only other question could be which quad he'll repeat but since the 4T is his most stable one, that this will be a closing solo quad when he is the most tired is almost certain.

As for the 4Lz, well, we'll have to wait and see. The risk is always a fall, you can fall on a triple, and the 4Lz is easier to stabilize than the 4Lo was while the benefits are probably going to be too tempting, considering the current field.

msteach3

Medalist
Country
United-States
. With 3-6 quads, it'll be quite a minefield for the skaters. But there are some new faces like Uno and Jin and Chen who have skated pretty much clean so it's not just Javier/Chan/Hanyu who have the potential to light it up. Certainly the competition will be more of a toss-up in terms of predicting the podium/winners.

Which will make the men's event super exciting. Can't wait to see how this season shakes out.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker
In the first case (I don't think he will go this route), the risk is 4Lz fall and 4T<<. In the 2nd case, the risk is 4T< or 4T<< and then he can no longer replace 3Lz with 3A. He sometimes under-rotates 4T. See here at the recent open practice. The 4T is more than 270 UR, if not 360, similar to his 4T 2015 GPF (he got away there).

That's a 4Lo...