Championnats québécois d'été 2017 | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Championnats québécois d'été 2017

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
well it's gay pride in montreal... maybe eric went partying... LOL

i am kidding obviously... i guess they just wanted to premiere their new SP

I didn't know it was pride in montreal. Cool. Did you go out for it?

I was ridiculously pleased for Eric when he posted the engagement pics on Twitter. I really like Eric. I kind of want him for my spirit animal.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ryom/kim

ugh... i cannot say i like this music.... nor his puffy shirt

OMG it's Ginette Reno Je ne suis qu'une chanson.... shows they've trained in montreal this summer

nice 3twist
3t-2t
2s
ds
outta synch spins...
nice entrance into 3s throw
throw 3loop steps out
great ice coverage on lift

oh oh.. pair spin.... to finish??? 3/6

should be in first

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
A wee bit messy from the North Koreans. Beautiful opening combination sbs jumps but both throws had issues. 2foot and a turn out and they doubled the solo sbs jumps. Lifts were nice and innovative but the sbs spins need work.

I really like this team and missed them at worlds because I couldn't watch it live. I love pairs and it was the only competition I couldn't watch. :-(

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
I didn't know it was pride in montreal. Cool. Did you go out for it?

I was ridiculously pleased for Eric when he posted the engagement pics on Twitter. I really like Eric. I kind of want him for my spirit animal.

i didn't... i live pride every day lol...

i'd prefer eric as a bf LOL :)

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
KMT/MM: It was all going so well until the last lift. I think he sometimes runs out gas and so the last lift is always suspect. The Sbs were lovely and Kristen looked beautiful in the throws. She has a lovely flow out her jumps.

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
i didn't... i live pride every day lol...

i'd prefer eric as a bf LOL :)

hehe.. okay you have him as a bf and I will have him as an arts and crafts partner. Eric seems like he could be coaxed into being crafty. He did make a funny joke on twitter about Meagan ruining his favourite foods by making him eat vegan versions of them. :-D

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
MTM2.0
un ange passe or something... elevator music from last year
3tw
wow... looks like 2a-1/2loop-3s
3loop throw
wow michael has improved in lifts...
ds
pair spin so i guess 3/7 .... not too bad
3t... very solid
sbs spins.... found their unisson at the end
3sal throw

i can forgive such music when a program is built like that.... it's well done....

the last lift was a bit tough but nothing too scary...

clean performance???

this is sort of like.. a clear message that they don't want to be canada's#4 team..

nationals will be a tough competition.... ouch...

i'd put them in first because this program is so polished

they win!

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
MTM2.0
un ange passe or something... elevator music from last year
3tw
wow... looks like 2a-1/2loop-3s
3loop throw
wow michael has improved in lifts...
ds
pair spin so i guess 3/7 .... not too bad
3t... very solid
sbs spins.... found their unisson at the end
3sal throw

i can forgive such music when a program is built like that.... it's well done....

the last lift was a bit tough but nothing too scary...

clean performance???

this is sort of like.. a clear message that they don't want to be canada's#4 team..

nationals will be a tough competition.... ouch...

i'd put them in first because this program is so polished

they win!
Not scary this time but honestly.. he's been a pairs partner for how long now? He should not be bungling these lifts. He has his partner's health in his hands. Imagine if Eric or Dylan did this on a regular basis. I can't trust him so I have trouble enjoying their skating and I really like Kristen. Burns my socks.

I'm really sad we didn't get to see Julianne and Charlie. They are my 2nd favourite of all the pairs: Sui/Han, S/B and then my shameless fangirling for I/M.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Not scary this time but honestly.. he's been a pairs partner for how long now? He should not be bungling these lifts. He has his partner's health in his hands. Imagine if Eric or Dylan did this on a regular basis. I can't trust him so I have trouble enjoying their skating and I really like Kristen. Burns my socks.

I'm really sad we didn't get to see Julianne and Charlie. They are my 2nd favourite of all the pairs: Sui/Han, S/B and then my shameless fangirling for I/M.

yeah.. with all the withdrawals, pairs wasn't as exciting... glad i didn't go...

i love s/b too and their new sp looks like it's going to be hot.

i think michael has worked hard though.. but yeah... they shouldn't end with a lift... not a good idea.... end on a pair spin instead LOL

okay.. i am off to bed.... good luck with the plumber

ChiquitaBanana

Rinkside
This sets up an interesting problem though. NextGen skaters get more support for training. Which is what Olivia and Mackenzie need.

There needs to be a subset of the NextGen program that focuses on improving skills without the pressure to go out internationally. Like a B team, or something. And once the skills are improved they can move up to the A team and compete internationally. Because otherwise you'll have skaters shut out from both extra help and international events. And that's just discouraging.

They make me think Brasseur and Eisler... but at least Isabelle could jump a 2A. when the girl is small and the partner is bigger, the wow elements of pair skating can be done. But there is more to a pair team and they are lakcing in other areas.

There are fixed known criterias in order to get a JGP. It's no secret what you need to do to be considered to get one. Olivia and her brother
might benefit from more funding, there is never enough, but they should first get a technical/jumping coach. I don't know the criteria for being on the NextGen team, but full term potential is one of the key elements in SC philosophy.

As for funding/opportunity, it's not only SC responsability but their section too.

Andrea82

Medalist
ryom/kim

ugh... i cannot say i like this music.... nor his puffy shirt

I suppose they may eventually change costumes. Today they were wearing the same costumes used last year for Nutcracker.

Or maybe they spent their whole budget on their stay in Montreal and they have to recycle the costumes!

FS videos

Moore Towers/Marinaro
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wujgz

Ryom/Kim
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuj14

Castelli/Tran
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuhh4

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have a few goodies to share with you all. :)

Junior Men Medal Ceremony (I couldn't film this for very long because my camera battery was dying): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuw53

Senior Men Medal Ceremony (Nic is so TALL that I had to flip my camera from horizontal to vertical, otherwise his head would be missing from my video! :p ): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuwke

Senior Pairs Medal Ceremony (for some bizarre reason, DM's system tagged this as being age-restricted, so can someone tell me if it's accessible?): http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5wuyjl

I had to leave the arena early due to a family obligation, so unfortunately, I won't have any footage of the Senior Women or Senior Dance medal ceremonies. :(

I was fortunate that I got the chance to talk to all of the Junior Men, Senior Men and Senior Pairs medalists :hap93: (Tae Ok Ryom & Ju Sik Kim are the first North Koreans that I've ever met); I just wish I had something nicer for them to sign than a print-out of the competition schedule. :eek:hwell:

TGee

Record Breaker
I've been looking back at the protocols from the Junior women yesterday....

Did anyone see Lisa Anne McGaghey of NB skate?

She placed first in Group 2 and had the highest score overall by a wide margin? [sorry if I missed an earlier discussion in the thread....]

Total of 147.51 : SP 51.43; FS 93.08.....

From the protocol it looks as though we could have a skater on the rise [although I don't know her age....she competed as a junior at nationals last year].

Her long program freeskate layout lacked the triple-triples, but it had 6 triples: 3Lz+2T, 3F+2T, 3T, 3S, 3F, 3Lz....of these 3 had +GOE, 2 had -GOE [including 1 fall], 1 had neutral GOE...

Osmond4Gold have you been tracking this Atlantic Canadian girl?

[If she's been discussed already and I missed it, my regrets....]

She's currently listed as the 3rd substitute for JPG Brisbane, but I'm wondering if she might be moving up in the priority list....

nocturnalis

Medalist
I was hoping MT/M2 kept their music since they didn't have much if a season last year. Glad they did well here. And Michael needs more stamina.