Aliona Savchenko Has German Citizenship | Golden Skate

Aliona Savchenko Has German Citizenship

SailorGalaxia518

Record Breaker
Just read on FSU the Savchenko has received her German Citizenship so that she and Robin Szolkowy will now be able to represent Germany at the Olympics

YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

CDMM1991

Medalist
Oh Wow! This changes the pairs competition quite a bit IMO. I think these guys could be strong contenders for the bronze, if either Z/Z or Pet/Tik falter.

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Oh I hope that's definitely true because they've been one of the nice surprises I've found this year in pairs skating. I can't wait to see them in the Olys!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Eeyora

Final Flight
YEESSSS!!!!! They are currently my favorite pair. I can definitely see them on the podium.

orchid

On the Ice
Great news! I love this pair. Fresh style. At last a non-Russian/Chinese team who can challenge for a medal.

icenut84

Final Flight
Joesitz said:
That's good news, but I think the Russians are going for a podium sweep!

I think Zhang&Zhang and Pang&Tong might have something to say about that, not to mention Shen&Zhao if they manage to recover in time!

ATW27

On the Ice
Excuse me, but I just have to get this out of my system...

YYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Okay, I'm done :)

This is awesome! I'm so happy for both of them.

Andy W.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
So great to have a non-Russian or Chinese team in the mix for a medal. :rock: What a great competition it will be with Totmianina/Marinin, Zhang/Zhang, Savchenko/Szowkowlsky, Pang/Tong, and Petrova/Tikhonov, all fighting it out.

slutskayafan21

Match Penalty
Joesitz said:

Joe

If Obertas/Slavnov make the podium in Turin, I will eat ketchup and ice cream as my only meal for a week. :rofl:

Olderbear

Rinkside
I also think this is great news! Watching them on the Grand Prix was like a breath of fresh air. While I usually find the other top pairs somewhat boring, this pair is anything but. I'm not too sure about a podium finish, tho.

Vash01

Medalist
Given Tatiana's recent medical problems S&S could be one of the contenders for the gold (though I don't think they are there yet).

Vash

Jasper

Final Flight
Joesitz said:

Joe

No way, not with Zhang/Zhang and Savchenko/Szolkowy! Obertas/Slavnov and Petrova/Tikhonov have lost to both teams throughout the season.

Anyway, this news is so exciting. They deserve to go and they have a great chance at the podium. Good luck to one of my new favorite teams. :)

*~RussianBleux~*

Medalist
I love this team and feel that they have a good clean shot at the bronze medal, and honestly probably even the silver. In this Olympics, the silver medal will definitely be considered a huge accomplishment because in all of the disciplines, winning the silver will mean that you beat every one else behind the person that was already set up to win months in advance anyway. In this case, that would be the Russian sweep of Irina Slutskaya, Evgeny Plushenko, Totmianina/Marininin, and Navka/Kostomarov. They are already set up to win so there is no real reason for anyone else to even think about trying to challenge them, especially because there is favoritism and blocked judging involved anyway. The silver medal will be a wonderful prize in Turin!

~Muffin~

Match Penalty
Tis great to hear, I hope that they do well at the Olympics and bring home a medal. I have not seen them skate yet sadly. But! it is nice to see a non Russian/Chinese pair that can contend for a medal. :agree:

Eldredgefan2001

Rinkside
:rock: AWESOME!!! I really LOVE this pair. They were the highlight for me in pairs this season since Shen and Zhao were missing in action. I hope they do well in Torino! :clap:

Jill

On the Ice
YESSSSS:rock: I LOVE THIS PAIR:clap: Not only are they fabulously talented, but they're both pretty easy on the eyes, if you know what I'm saying:love: