Anissina gets married | Golden Skate

Anissina gets married

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The translation in my blog - http://ptichkafs.livejournal.com/30687.html - has some rather unusual wedding pictures.

Marina Anissina and Nikita Dzhigurda got married

The actor and the skater got married today at the Durasov palace in the Lublin Park in Moscow. It’s Marina’s first marriage, and Nikita’s fourth.

Julia Kuprina, KP.ru – February 23, 2008
Today around 1 PM, actor Nikita Dzhigurda and the world famous skater Marina Anissina got legally married at the Durasov palace in the Lublin Park in Moscow.

The temperamental actor was always very emotional, and immediately got all the attention. He didn’t let go of the bride even for a second, kept hugging and kissing her, and repeatedly screamed - “This is the very last woman in my life, my true love!”

The singer-songwriter dedicated poems and songs to Marina; he performed them before the bride and the guests.

When it came to the actual wedding ceremony, Nikita Dzhigurda was again original. Next to his signature on the marriage certificate, he wrote in a large script – “I love Anissina!” The registry workers scolded the singer, but forgave him his impulse, and did not redo the document.

The wedding was celebrated in a narrow circle, with only the closest people being invited.
In his toasts, Nikita Dzhigurda specifically thanked two women – his friend the actress Elena Kondulajnen, and Marina’s friend the skater Maria Butyrskaya. Dzhigurda is grateful to Elena Kondulajnen for pushing him to fight for Marina Anissina. He is grateful to Maria Butyrskaya for sheltering the lovers when their relationship was first beginning. Kondulajnen and Butyrskaya are both directly responsible for the star couple coming together.

Actor and skater met at the filming of “Dances on Ice. Velvet Season”, where the Salt Lake City champion was partnered with Nikita Dzhigurda. The actor fell in love with the skater from first site, and started actively fighting for her, even though he was married and his wife Yana was pregnant. After Dzhigurda declared his love for Anissina right on the show, his family fell apart.

Persistent courting of Marina ended up in a formal proposal – the singer gave Marina for her birthday a wedding ring with a diamond, asked her to be his wife. The couple applied for a marriage license at the Griboyedov registry in Moscow, and scheduled the wedding for February 23d.

This is the 33-year-old Marina Anissina’s first marriage, and the 47-year-old Nikita’s fourth.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
What's sad is that she doesn't really look all that happy on those wedding pics...

Winnipeg

Final Flight
Sounds a lot like Lloyd Eisler dumping his when she was preganant and he was on a show with his current wife.......................

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
sounds like a crazy wedding. He looks a little like maxim shabalin. hope things work out for her... he seems a little over the top.

Antilles

Medalist
What is it with skaters/their partners leaving pregnant wives? I don't think a guy who will abandon a pregnant woman is much of a catch.

I agree she looks less than thrilled in all of the photos. Not sure how long it will last, but I hope she's happy.

Any word on Peizerat being in attendance? Has she moved back to Russia?

_Ladybug_

On the Ice
Omg, what the hell are they wearing? My eyes are burning!

When I was teenager and they were competing I always hoped she would end up together with Gwendal.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
What is it with skaters/their partners leaving pregnant wives? I don't think a guy who will abandon a pregnant woman is much of a catch.

An interview was translated on FSUniverse and there was mentioned that the guy and his last wife got divorced in 1999. They kept living together though, but now for a year they have lived separately:

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=57106&page=5

Personally I don´t think that a guy with 3 divorces is a great catch...

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
In all fairness to the groom - sometimes a guy with that many divorces can either change or be the one unlucky in love not the other way around.

My aunt's husband had 3 divorces IIRC before he met and married my aunt (he told her he didn't want to get married but she snagged him anyway ;)) and they were together until his lost his fight with cancer in 02... *shrugs* depending on who you talk to the wives were the *less than stellar* ones. *shrugs*

sillylionlove

Medalist
I finally got a chance to look at the pictures. That was a really scary wedding! I though it looked more like a costume ball....or a really bad ice dance program.

Michelle'sFan

Rinkside
I though it looked more like a costume ball....or a really bad ice dance program.

Very funny!:rofl: That's what I thought when I saw her costume!

I wish them well, but do agree with _Ladybug_ and wished she would end up with Gwendal. They were (are) great skaters!