2022 CS Denis Ten Memorial Women's Short Program | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2022 CS Denis Ten Memorial Women's Short Program

CaroLiza_fan

MINIOL ALATMI REKRIS. EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA.
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Thank goodness Dabin had a much better skate than Minchae. Our predictions may not be for the bin just yet.

Class of the field so far.

Eh?! 😲 Only 3rd?! :jaw: I wasn't expecting that. I thought she would be comfortably in the lead.

Why are we waiting for Yeva NABOZHENKO (KAZ)? We were given a notification yesterday that she had withdrawn!

CaroLiza_fan

Country
Norway
Thank goodness Dabin had a much better skate than Minchae. Our predictions may not be for the bin just yet.

Class of the field so far.

Eh?! 😲 Only 3rd?! :jaw: I wasn't expecting that. I thought she would be comfortably in the lead.

Why are we waiting for Yeva NABOZHENKO (KAZ)? We were given a notification yesterday that she had withdrawn!

CaroLiza_fan
I refuse to believe this score, Alexandra had visible rotations issues and lower technical content and she got 3 points more in TES. Something is not right.

Country
Norway
I´m waiting for the protocols, it´s like they gave her a downgrade that didn´t exist. Or that she got a invalid element or something. Even if they gave her UR on jumps the score is very low. Her spins looked all level 4 for me.

figureskatingandrainbows

As Kao Miura once said, スケートって難しい
Record Breaker
Country
Olympic
Just looked at Dabin's skate in slomo... I agree with most of the rotation calls, although her flip (at least from this angle) was more < than <<

Country
Norway
Protocols are out, i´m furious with the judging. They seriously downgraded her flip, that´s a joke!

She also got -5 from one judge for the combo which was not even close to a stumble or fall, all right, it was slow and it was marked as UR, but no way that deserves a -5, 3 other judges gave it -4. One judge actually gave it 0, I can´t believe they can judge so differently.

I agree on her is the q on the 2A, and the combo looked like somewhere between a q and -< for me, but giving it both -< and such negative execution seems extremely strict.

And flip is always difficult to judge, but it doesn´t look like a downgrade to me...

I don´t want to get to political, but if you look at the judges the the countries they represent, they are almost all neighbours to Kazahstan, this isn´t good at all. It´s probably not easy to get judges to this Challenger, but this surely doesn´t help the reputation of this Challenger.

Country
Norway
Just looked at Dabin's skate in slomo... I agree with most of the rotation calls, although her flip (at least from this angle) was more < than <<
Should the combo be awarded with such negative grade of execution though? The GOE seems extremely inconsistent for me. I get it was slow, and the combo got a UR, but it wasn´t downgraded and it wasn´t a stuble in the end. It´s behind me how they can give -5 and -4, not even skaters who fall always get -5 (fall doesn´t always implicate UR but often). Also I get that edge impacts it, but it´s quite disturbing for me how bad you get punished for such a difficult elements when it´s not nearly as bad as the judging suggest just because they are nit-picking on elements. Yes it´s allright to give it q, UR and downgrades and edge calls, but they are punishing the skaters for the same mistakes with the grade of executions. It´s like double punish for one mistake. Honestly it makes it less lucrative for skaters to go for more difficult elements, because even if they do pretty well their scores can get smashed.

When that said, I feel this is not just here, but I have seen it more this season in Challengers. I feel the calls are stricter this season and impacts the GOE more than earlier. I know it always have but it seems like it got worse. Seems we are seing bigger difference in really clean skates and not. The issue is, I feel there is very very few skaters who are judged clean... so maybe they have become too strict.

Last edited:
Country
Norway
Also Antonina 3F got called as strict as Dabin, her flip also got downgraded and got negative GOE. I don´t think it was that bad either. Wow, flips are really harshly judged for so many skaters and worth almost nothing..