2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2023-24 Russian Men's Figure Skating

Mariott

Now the flower is making its way through concrete
Record Breaker
Country
Russia
The Shelkovnikov brothers transferred from Kirill Davydenko's group to Evgeny Plushenko's group.
(And this is a surprise even for me).

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
The Shelkovnikov brothers transferred from Kirill Davydenko's group to Evgeny Plushenko's group.
(And this is a surprise even for me).
I wonder if Davydenko has problems with ice time that is available for his group as this level of exodus in one season isnt normal. I get Andrei leaving as he needed to change something but this many of his top students transferring out in few months is unexpected.

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
I wonder if Davydenko has problems with ice time that is available for his group as this level of exodus in one season isnt normal. I get Andrei leaving as he needed to change something but this many of his top students transferring out in few months is unexpected.
To me, come to think of it, it's not that much of a surprise. If I take a little time to adjust and digest this news. These guys had no sports results, their motivation was falling, they decided to try somewhere else. I am very happy that Arseniy was accepted by Tutberidze. I can't say anything about the choice of the Shelkovnikov brothers. Time will tell.

About Arseniy I can say that he is doing well and adapting to the new group. Especially since Andrei is there.

I have my suspicions that Ksenia will be next.
I feel a bit sorry for the Davydenko Band, it seemed like they would do well. But it didn't.

Last edited:

icewhite

Record Breaker
It's a pity since he is obviously not great at producing really strong jumpers but his skaters have obvious qualities and the programs are interesting. I like that other young guy he has... Is his name Ivan Ramzenkov?
I think there need to be different camps and different approaches so that in the end there are skaters with different skills competing against each other. Plus, Davydenko did seem like a decent guy so far?

Mariott

Record Breaker
Country
Russia
It's a pity since he is obviously not great at producing really strong jumpers but his skaters have obvious qualities and the programs are interesting. I like that other young guy he has... Is his name Ivan Ramzenkov?
Yes, Ivan Ramzenkov is still here, he won bronze at two important junior starts, he will be part of the junior national team, so Kirill Davydenko will be part of the national team coaches for next season. Time will tell what happens next.