2023 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Aug 16-19 | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2023 Asian Open Figure Skating Trophy | Aug 16-19

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been watching Canadian skating today so I haven't tried with different VPN settings yet. Hoping some of the skates will get uploaded to YT and nobody notices to take them down. ;)
I tried the Netherlands, Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Korea, then I gave up.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Omigod what is this girl wearing?

And why are both streams dominated by die away female vocals just when I have been arguing that the current music choices in skating aren't that bad?????

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
The Axel pop + fall took the wind out of Masha's sails a bit. She had issues with her jumps in the second half of her Free at her last competition too, so I'm guessing it's a question of stamina? It is still early in the season after all.

Last edited:

Jumping_Bean

Record Breaker
Not a good day for Vlada either, a few pops and falls. But, like with Nastya, the potential is clearly visible.

Hopefully, we'll see more of both of them this season, and if Masha is able to get the 4CC minimums (which is definitely realistically possible), we might be able to get back to two Aussie women at 4CC.

gleungc6

On the Ice
The announcer has such a great voice.

I’m glad that Thailand was able to host Singapore’s skaters before the comp but I feel so bad for all the Singaporean skaters who won’t have proper ice to train in until the new rink is built :((

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Joanne started really well with those 2 first combos but her jumps kinda fell apart towards the end :console: Is it enough for a medal?

Mariiiiskate

Record Breaker
Oh no a disaster free :(
Tzu han has such big powerful jumps if she only could stabilize them she would be unstoppable 😭 she is a fighter never giving up on those jumps even when things are not going her way:console:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah dang I'll have to see if I can catch up on YouTube or something. I completely forgot about this event 😅
You can see his short but the long went away when SME struck. I even tried Australia for Day 3, I think. There were some other skaters from Australia,

anonymoose_au

Insert weird opinion here
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You can see his short but the long went away when SME struck. I even tried Australia for Day 3, I think. There were some other skaters from Australia,
Yes I noticed that! :( Boooo, I wanted to see it!

Love the SP though, with Darian's Genie inspired costume :biggrin:. Imagine him and Morris K doing a Genie program together, that would be seriously epic.