Edea 240 vs 245 - which one would fit better? | Golden Skate

Edea 240 vs 245 - which one would fit better?

maeonsat

Spectator
I went for my fitting last week. I wore the thin skate socks. My longer foot measures at 236mm and I was fitted for 245mm. They didn’t have a 240 or a 245 for me to try but they said the 240 would be too tight because a mere 4mm difference would mean my longer foot would be too cramped in front. I could not fit the 235 at all - the back of the foot could not go in. I could fit an entire finger behind 250 on my smaller foot (the right).

Unfortunately there is no shop at the moment (it got shut down because of the pandemic) so the current fitters are all WFH and don’t actually have all sizes and can’t bring them in unless someone buys or orders them. I also don't know anyone at the rink who are 240 or 245. They are all either bigger or smaller.

Wanted to know what you guys think? Would 245 be okay?

tstop4me

Final Flight
Country
United-States
I went for my fitting last week. I wore the thin skate socks. My longer foot measures at 236mm and I was fitted for 245mm. They didn’t have a 240 or a 245 for me to try but they said the 240 would be too tight because a mere 4mm difference would mean my longer foot would be too cramped in front. I could not fit the 235 at all - the back of the foot could not go in. I could fit an entire finger behind 250 on my smaller foot (the right).

Unfortunately there is no shop at the moment (it got shut down because of the pandemic) so the current fitters are all WFH and don’t actually have all sizes and can’t bring them in unless someone buys or orders them. I also don't know anyone at the rink who are 240 or 245. They are all either bigger or smaller.

Wanted to know what you guys think? Would 245 be okay?
Do you have the option of ordering both, and returning one (with either no fee or a small fee)?

Ohamyooo

Rinkside
I recently got new Edea Chorus boots, size 245. My longer foot measured 235 wearing the socks I prefer to skate in (which are a bit thicker than the traditional skating socks/tights that many skaters prefer to wear). I tried on another skater's brand new 240s and while I could get my foot in them, it was just barely, and they felt uncomfortably tight to me. I've had my new boots for two weeks now, and so far I find the fit of my 245s to be very comfortable, with no extra wiggle room. This is my first experience with Edeas so I don't know how much roomier they may become as I break them in further. But for right now, they're perfect.

maeonsat

Spectator
I recently got new Edea Chorus boots, size 245. My longer foot measured 235 wearing the socks I prefer to skate in (which are a bit thicker than the traditional skating socks/tights that many skaters prefer to wear). I tried on another skater's brand new 240s and while I could get my foot in them, it was just barely, and they felt uncomfortably tight to me. I've had my new boots for two weeks now, and so far I find the fit of my 245s to be very comfortable, with no extra wiggle room. This is my first experience with Edeas so I don't know how much roomier they may become as I break them in further. But for right now, they're perfect.
Oh we're very similar in size then! I know fit varies individually, but this makes me feel a bit better. Thank you!

Elija

On the Ice
My feet are 235mm and I wear 240 if that’s any help. 245 would be way too big. There shouldn’t really be any more than 5mm in the front, have a look at Edea’s graphics of footprints on insoles for how they should fit. Keep in mind they will feel a bit tight when they’re new and the padding is still big, but once you’ve worn them a few times the padding will fit to your foot shape more. If you push you heel right to the back of the boot before lacing and lace tight over the instep, you should not have issues with your foot sliding forward and toes touching the front of the boot. Make sure you buy the right width too! I know some dealers just put everyone in the standard C width, but that’s not going to be right for everyone. I wear 240B and it’s so much better than 240C for me.

edit: have you had a read of this? https://ice.edeaskates.com/en/tech-info/what-is-my-size/how-can-i-measure-my-feet/
According to edea you should be 240.
Also, this is the graphic I mentioned https://ice.edeaskates.com/en/tech-info/what-is-my-size/how-can-i-check-if-i-have-the-right-size/

sashavis

Rinkside
Country
United-States
I currently am in the Edea Ice Fly, and I wear a 240. I've tried on the 245, and I own a pair of boots in the 235, and I've found that the 235s hurt after an extended period of time, but the 240 feels great. The extra 5mm really do make a HUGE difference, and if you feel as though the smaller size is going to pinch your foot at all, I wouldn't recommend purchasing that option (especially as Edea skates cannot exactly be stretched in the same way that a leather skate could be.) If your pro shop has the option for you to try on a Chorus or Piano or another Edea boot in one of the sizes you wanted to try on, then I would go for it. Granted, the Chorus will feel a little bit different and in my experience, it was a little bit snugger, but it should be able to give you a general ballpark estimate of which size skate would be a better fit for you. That being said, that won't be a foolproof method, and there is variation between the Chorus and Ice Fly--it is just for general estimation purposes.

And! For reference, in case this helps, I wore a size 5.5 in Jacksons (back when I used to wear them, ahaha), and I generally wear between a 6.5 and 7 in street shoes.

Elija

On the Ice
Agree about chorus feeling tighter, I have worn chorus, ice fly and piano, all in 240, and the chorus felt the tightest. Ice fly was the loosest. Piano fits me the best as it has a more fitted heel and I have very narrow feet. They definitely can be stretched across the toe though if the length is right but they are too tight/squeeze the toes. I broke my toe and it changed shape after healing and my coach was able to put some heat on the front of my boot and massively widen the toe area. It made a huge difference.

maeonsat

Spectator
I currently am in the Edea Ice Fly, and I wear a 240. I've tried on the 245, and I own a pair of boots in the 235, and I've found that the 235s hurt after an extended period of time, but the 240 feels great. The extra 5mm really do make a HUGE difference, and if you feel as though the smaller size is going to pinch your foot at all, I wouldn't recommend purchasing that option (especially as Edea skates cannot exactly be stretched in the same way that a leather skate could be.) If your pro shop has the option for you to try on a Chorus or Piano or another Edea boot in one of the sizes you wanted to try on, then I would go for it. Granted, the Chorus will feel a little bit different and in my experience, it was a little bit snugger, but it should be able to give you a general ballpark estimate of which size skate would be a better fit for you. That being said, that won't be a foolproof method, and there is variation between the Chorus and Ice Fly--it is just for general estimation purposes.

And! For reference, in case this helps, I wore a size 5.5 in Jacksons (back when I used to wear them, ahaha), and I generally wear between a 6.5 and 7 in street shoes.
What are your feet length?