Exciting jumps during the next season (ladies, males & pairs) | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Exciting jumps during the next season (ladies, males & pairs)

carolinefan177

On the Ice
<3

Let's stray away from the insults. I've read that Caroline has been working on the Triple Lutz-Triple Toe and Triple Flip-Triple Toe. I just hope she fixes the edge on her lutz and her scary entrances before working on those combinations. I've also heard that she has become consistant on two sequences (Triple loop-tap toe-Triple Loop and Triple Lutz-tap toe-Triple Toe) Go Caroline!

PS Michelle Kwan rocks!

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Quad Loop seems way too risky for Mao, imo. With the current rules, she'll lose so many points if it's underrotated (because it will count simply as a Triple Loop and therefore another planned Triple in the program will be worth 0 points from the resulting Zayak violation). She should go back to doing two Triple Axles in her LP:

3Axle/3Toe
3Axle
3Flip/3Loop
----------
3Sal
3Flip
2Axel
3Lutz/2Loop/2Loop

Miki really needs HER Quad to keep up with Mao but, again, it's so risky because of the Zayak violation:

3Lutz/3Loop
4Sal
3Flip
-------------
3Sal/3Loop
3Toe/2Loop/2Loop
3Lutz
2Axel

If the Quad gets downgraded, her second Lutz is worth 0 points. Not good. She should probably just do a 2Axle instead of the Quad attempt, work on improving her spins/Spirals, and focus on skating clean.

~Z

Justlooking

Rinkside
Quad Loop seems way too risky for Mao, imo. With the current rules, she'll lose so many points if it's underrotated (because it will count simply as a Triple Loop and therefore another planned Triple in the program will be worth 0 points from the resulting Zayak violation).
~Z

Didn't the rules change last season? It's the intentional jump that counts.
Or maybe you mean like when a male skater change his triple axel for a double axel. It's true it will leave only the possibility to Mao to do a quad loop or a double loop.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
Didn't the rules change last season? It's the intentional jump that counts.

I thought they just changed the way it looks on the protocols? If it IS the intentional jump that counts, though, that's very good news indeed.

Still not sure if I'd want to see Mao going for the Quad Loop, though. That's so much stress on her body and she'd already be unbeatable with a clean performance of the jump layout I listed (unless Miki drastically improves all of her non-jump elements AND does the Quad...or if Yu-Na is able to put both the 3Axel and 3Loop into her program consistently).

~Z

antmanb

Record Breaker
Quad Loop seems way too risky for Mao, imo. With the current rules, she'll lose so many points if it's underrotated (because it will count simply as a Triple Loop and therefore another planned Triple in the program will be worth 0 points from the resulting Zayak violation). She should go back to doing two Triple Axles in her LP:

I thought the current rules stated that an underotated quadruple jump that is downgraded to a triple does not count for zayak purposes as a triple. That being the case there would be no zayak problem with a downgraded quad loop from Mao.

Ant

carolinefan177

On the Ice
Hmm...

Personally, I think Mao should take a break from triple axels and master her triple-toe loop (which has improved) and triple salchow. It seems to me that whenever she misses the axel, she breaks down and the program falls apart. I think she would be better off with two triple-triple combinations rather than that triple axel, but then again she has been practicing the axel for years...

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
It seems to me that whenever she misses the axel, she breaks down and the program falls apart.

That's just a skill which needs to be learned as well...keep performing the best you can no matter what happens. No way should she drop the 3Axle, though! Not when her 3Axle out of backwards brackets is more consistent than regular 3Axles from most men....

~Z

antmanb

Record Breaker
How is a jump, that's badly pre-rotated, barely gets off the ice, and leaves the skater crippled and unable to skate, a strength?

When it wins you an Olympic gold medal? :p

Seriously though Tara's "signature" combination was the 3Lp/3Lp. Criticise it all you will but she nailed that combination consistently in several performances and it is what she became remebered for. I doubt she will ever forget the affect it's had on her life and hips...only she can tell you whether it was worth it.

Ant

layman

On the Ice
Uhhh, it won her an Olympic Title. You could start there....

~Z

My point is that Kimmie need not blow out her hip this way (on a badly executed jump) just to earn a medal. She can earn a medal with other jumps that she actually peforms well.

I wonder if Tara still feels that her Olympic Medal was worth a lifetime of agony.

Zuranthium

Match Penalty
My point is that Kimmie need not blow out her hip this way (on a badly executed jump) just to earn a medal. She can earn a medal with other jumps that she actually peforms well.

I think Tara's hip problem was a result of doing specifically the 3Loop/3Loop so much while her body was still growing. If Kimmie was able to do 3Loops in combination, I would definitely recommend it. But she's not able to.

Kimmie doesn't really perform ANY jump well. She's just consistent at getting them done. The only reason she's able to do the 3Toe in combo now is because she uses the toepick to drastically pre-rotate herself into the jump (and therefore it's not a full Triple/Triple). I believe that fixing her Toeloop technique and trying to get the 3Axle more consistent should be main goals.

~Z

satorare

Match Penalty
Mao update

According to TV Asahi's latest news, she's practicing jumps intensely.
Mao landed a clean "solo triple toeloop" and a flip-toeloop combo. And she's practicing quads seriously (no video was shown though).
Mao says "The next step of the 3A is quads. I'm working hard and do my best to land one." A quad "toeloop" is rather realistic, I think.