Flores and Wang: 'Liv, Laugh, Luke' | Golden Skate

Interview Flores and Wang: 'Liv, Laugh, Luke'

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

The duo gained attention not only by their powerful and charming performances on the ice, but also with their positive spirit off the ice. In fact, their motto is: "Liv, Laugh, Luke." In this interview, they explain why this is the perfect theme for their partnership and how their positive training environment in Colorado helps them flourish.

We reflect on their remarkable season and discuss what they learned along the way. We hear what they value about their new discipline and what challenges they faced coming in as single skaters.

We learn about their role models and Luke shares a meaningful memory of Worlds 2016, an event he visited as a 12-year-old. One of Olivia’s biggest inspirations is her older sister, Isabella, who is a successful U.S. Ice Dancer with partner Ivan Desyatov and the 2023 CS Zagreb bronze medalist. She shares how she and her sister motivate each other and how the proud older sister reacted after Olivia's success at Junior Worlds.

Additionally, we hear about their plans for next season and the next steps they want to master in order to improve. Luke also shares what kind of music he would like to try in the future.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Great to see the perspective of Liv and Luke as former singles skaters and how initially they resisted pairs (partners are not for me. :) )They keep repeating about the respect they now have for pairs.

And that after a year, they are not tired of their Star Wars program. And neither is Coach Drew ;). But tango??? Noooooo:eek2:

Also they joy they bring to the ice they bring off the ice as well.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Luke said at one point, "I'm a born talker" LOL. And he proves it in this interview.

With all the difficulty in finding pairs partners, it's interesting to me that Drew was asking Luke specifically to try out with Liv for several months ... when neither Liv nor Luke, if I understood correctly, was even interested in pursuing the tryout. Drew has a "good eye," to say the least! Liv and Luke are such a well-matched pair, plus there's something extra between them which gives a little thrill of excitement. I think it's their mutual commitment to performance.❤️ It's incredible what all they've accomplished since June 2022. They're solid and both seem mature for their age, especially Liv, who's still 16.

Also it goes to show the power of having an open mind, for skaters and folks in all walks of life.