Ice Hockey | Golden Skate

Ice Hockey

skatesofgold

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I couldn't stay up for the game because I decided to wake up early for ice dancing, but I'm very excited about the USA men's team beating Canada!

yuumagical

"There is always something to love."
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Admittedly didn't see much of the Canada vs. USA game due to not being very interested in hockey to begin with, but I did notice Keegan with his giant Canadian flag in the audience! šŸ˜

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Our hockey team is out (not surprising considering how it looks like for the last 10 years), but I want to congratulate to Slovakia for winning the quarter-finals! :party2:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
well.. and team Canada stopped easily by Sweden.. though that was to expect...

watching the women now.. that's often what of the best event of the games, the Canada-USA final.. .such a rivalry.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Why does Sweden's women's team seem to currently be significantly worse than the men's team? :scratch2:
there is probably not much more explanation than simply lack of much interest in sweden for women's hockey. Even in North America, the women have a hard time building a professional league.. so I can imagine how difficult it would be in Sweden. This being said, Finland has had much more success.

The swedish men have a long hockey tradition.. i have had "hockey player" crushes on a few of them ;) hahahaha

[email protected]

Medalist
Record Breaker
Russia-Sweden. It was an emotional rollercoaster. Our guys and especially our goalie made a wonder. While losing one goal during the shootout they still won!

Finland is a tough competitor in the final. I remember the quarter final in Sochi when Russia was leading but lost in the end. There were a lot of disappointed folks who were willing to sell the semifinal and final tickets for half price. And then these disappointed people including myself went to the neighboring Iceberg for ladies' SP to become "one of the worst crowds ever", well, at least from some posts here at GS. In fact I was clapping and supporting everyone.