Pacific Coast Sectionals, 17-20. Nov., 2016 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Pacific Coast Sectionals, 17-20. Nov., 2016

twirlingblades

Medalist
Livvy Shilling is in second with 2 to go! SHe's made it to her FIRST EVER Nationals! That's awesome!

Yay! I've met her at a few competitions over the years, she's such a sweetheart.

EDIT: Just realized I've been friends with her on facebook for a while.

Last edited:

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Congratulations to Angela, Caroline, Livvy, and Paige :yay:.

Do you happen to know how old she is? I'm curious.

Approx. 19 years old?
Per extrapolation from an old interview on her club website, which says that she was 15 in Nov 2012.

The interview was pegged to Sectionals that year. At the end:
What is your goal for next year? ...
LS: Make it to nationals!

Took a little longer, but now she has achieved her goal. Extra congrats to her :).

Last edited:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Best wishes to all the qualifiers from all over the country. You know how to get to Carnagie Hall? Practice!
And that is how you got to Kansas City. Hard work. Can't wait to see you all there...don't forget to come to the FOFS breakfast.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I see Sean has won! :hap10: Too bad his 3A seems unreliable, unlike for Shotaro Omori, who was very close to win over Sean. Hope Sean will get 3A by the time of Nationals, he'll need it to be competetive.

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
I see Sean has won! :hap10: Too bad his 3A seems unreliable, unlike for Shotaro Omori, who was very close to win over Sean. Hope Sean will get 3A by the time of Nationals, he'll need it to be competetive.

Sean is a very nice guy with a very nice father....

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
I've watched Caroline Zhang FS, and wow, what a comeback! :clap: The 3Lo-3Lo combo is really something, especially sinse she's doing it in second half! But she needs to work on StSq, only level 2...

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This Youtube channel has videos from PCS and some of the top placements from other sectionals.

I watched Angela's, Caroline's and Liza's skates. Angela looked really amazing in her SP, which earned her a 69. I'm assuming that's her personal best b/c she looked shocked when she heard how high it was. Her freak fall was funny in her FS, glad she laughed it off.

Impressed overall with Caroline's jumps (the 3L3L!) and performance but she's very slow on her step sequences, almost creeping along on the ice.

Liza has some nice qualities to her skating - clearly she has the genetic gift but could also use power and speed. How old is she, 14? Does this mean she'll be competing at Nationals as a Senior or in Juniors?

Looking forward to seeing all these talented ladies compete at Nationals!

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
This Youtube channel has videos from PCS and some of the top placements from other sectionals.

I watched Angela's, Caroline's and Liza's skates. Angela looked really amazing in her SP, which earned her a 69. I'm assuming that's her personal best b/c she looked shocked when she heard how high it was. Her freak fall was funny in her FS, glad she laughed it off.

Impressed overall with Caroline's jumps (the 3L3L!) and performance but she's very slow on her step sequences, almost creeping along on the ice.

Liza has some nice qualities to her skating - clearly she has the genetic gift but could also use power and speed. How old is she, 14? Does this mean she'll be competing at Nationals as a Senior or in Juniors?

Looking forward to seeing all these talented ladies compete at Nationals!

Liza will be competing in juniors. Also, I think this is her first nationals in the "big leagues?" I think she hasn't made it out of sectionals in novice.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Liza will be competing in juniors. Also, I think this is her first nationals in the "big leagues?" I think she hasn't made it out of sectionals in novice.

This is Liza's first Nationals, period. Actually, her first Sectionals too, according to her Stats On Ice page https://www.statsonice.com/skater/Elizaveta/Kulik/

Also, apgold, Liza is 15. Katia's Wikipedia page lists Liza's birthday in June 2001.