US World/Junior World Team Predictions | Page 2 | Golden Skate

US World/Junior World Team Predictions

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
Do you think that S/K would need to go to 4CCs and win silver or bronze for the reputation reasons? I think they are definitely the top U.S. pair right now, but how tough will it be for them to crack the top five at Worlds?

I think Jason going to 4CCs will depend on how he feels after Nationals.

A lot depends on how they do at the GPF and who is at 4CC. I think they may take the save up and wow um at worlds approach to be honest. And honestly I could see Alexa (specifically) being of use for local PR purposes in the run up to worlds. We have an actually good pairs team with a love story and a gorgeous feisty young woman who is well spoken...we need to get her on late night and early morning TV. I expect who ever of wins ladies will be going on some press appearances... really adding Alexa would be easy, logical and great for the sport as a whole.

Jason....I kinda think if he is well enough to skate at Nationals, he will be well enough for 4CC... i don't see his camp as being one to push things too far. He seems extra chatty on twitter lately, so hopefully that means he is in good spirit and getting stir crazy to get back to training full time.

slider11

Medalist
WORLDS
Men: Rippon, Aaron, Brown
Ladies: Gold, Wagner, Nagasu
Pairs: Scimeca/Knierim, Castelli/Tran
Dance: Shibutanis, Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donohue

4CCs
Men: Rippon, Aaron, Brown
Ladies: Nagasu, Edmunds, Hicks
Pairs: Scimeca/Knierim, Castelli/Tran, Aaron/Settelage
Dance: Chock/Bates, Hubbell/Donahue, Hawayek/Baker

ice coverage

Record Breaker
FWIW, Gracie already has spoken in terms of competing at Four Continents as well as Worlds.

On the pre-GPF media call, she was asked about the significance of a possible GPF win. Part of her answer:
"... It would put me in a great place going into Four Continents and then the world championships. ..."
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/2015/12/07/158994100