USFS has broken my heart | Page 7 | Golden Skate

USFS has broken my heart

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah. That is (and no, I am not being facetious) rather less than I would have expected, especially the gross receipts. But they won't be needing to sell off the silverware any time soon, I guess...
I volunteered for an animal rescue for a long time. We never made enough to have to file a 990. So millions of dollars seems to be a lot of money.

They do not respond to our emails. To me that's a very strong indication that they just...don't care. They could take a very small portion of those millions of dollars, and hire someone to answer emails.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
So millions of dollars seems to be a lot of money.
Oh for me personally it absolutely does! But for a sport (and even if niche, it is one of the main winter ones) in the world's biggest economy.... ummm. And that's gross, not net.

But I agree, it wouldn't cost a lot (certainly not as much as they wanted to pay that official's relative a while ago, what was her name?) to hire someone to answer their emails.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh for me personally it absolutely does! But for a sport (and even if niche, it is one of the main winter ones) in the world's biggest economy.... ummm. And that's gross, not net.

But I agree, it wouldn't cost a lot (certainly not as much as they wanted to pay that official's relative a while ago, what was her name?) to hire someone to answer their emails.
And they would make more money. I even emailed Scott’s foundation a week ago and no answer. It’s just a very clear indication of either “we don’t want your money, peon” or “we are so disorganized we can’t get it together to answer emails.”

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
The $125-249 level got you one free ticket. The $250 level and all levels above got you 2 free tickets. So the 2 free ticket price has gone up to $1,000. That's a 75 % increase.
250 to 1000 is a 300% increase. You divide the increase (750) by the original 250 (not the new 1000) and multiply by 100!

I think your real problem isn't the increase to get the free tickets to FOFS breakfast, but the increase in cost to go to the FOFS breakfast at all. So compare (cost of membership that allows to buy breakfast tickets) + (cost of breakfast ticket) under old scheme vs (cost of membership that includes breakfast tickets) under new scheme. I think that would be even more than 300%!

icewhite

Record Breaker
Okay, putting everything else aside I'm just very sorry this happens, moonvine. I'm not such a super fan myself, but I can see that it would hurt. And it's just extremely unkind of them to not even put out a real statement that's not just PR crap to the fans that are affected, much less answer emails. Of course nobody has the "right" to meet anybody, but to make it for rich people only is also very ignorant.
I hope you can see and meet the skaters you like at competitions and show them your support. 💐

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
250 to 1000 is a 300% increase. You divide the increase (750) by the original 250 (not the new 1000) and multiply by 100!

I think your real problem isn't the increase to get the free tickets to FOFS breakfast, but the increase in cost to go to the FOFS breakfast at all. So compare (cost of membership that allows to buy breakfast tickets) + (cost of breakfast ticket) under old scheme vs (cost of membership that includes breakfast tickets) under new scheme. I think that would be even more than 300%!
Thank you. I'm so bad at math I shouldn't even attempt it. It's a miracle I completed the required math courses to graduate from college.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Okay, putting everything else aside I'm just very sorry this happens, moonvine. I'm not such a super fan myself, but I can see that it would hurt. And it's just extremely unkind of them to not even put out a real statement that's not just PR crap to the fans that are affected, much less answer emails. Of course nobody has the "right" to meet anybody, but to make it for rich people only is also very ignorant.
I hope you can see and meet the skaters you like at competitions and show them your support. 💐
:thank:

I can hang over the barrier after practices and call them over and pass them things. It's just a more hurried thing. But at least I can do it. I have never seen Gracie at a FOFS breakfast. With the way Covid is going, they might not even have one at all at this years' Nationals. I'm very worried. Sofia and her mom got it at SCI, which means tons of more people got/had it, some of the newscasters I watch have had it recently...it would really stink if I somehow saved up $1,000 and there was no breakfast!!!!