Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season | Page 859 | Golden Skate

Yuzuru Hanyu: 2014-15 Season

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
She made costumes for Yuzuru from his debut to early 2011...and when you watch old videos, anyone can tell she added a lot of rhinestones/glitters (well maybe his son asked for it, who knows...:))

or it could be that the RHINESTONES influence on Yuzuru came from her. And yeah ficelle. I totally like the costumes she made for her Yuzu (don't forget the matching water bottle cover ;)).I admit I kinda miss it (the bottle cover) lately. I guess the son has outgrown it huh? Kinda cute though...hope she makes covers again this season.
:cheer2:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
I have to admit I gave a little "yikes" when I clicked on the long-awaited picture of the costume...but also the description of lettuce/seaweed was quite spot on. To me the colour was great but the frills are a little too much; however it might look totally different in motion, so hopefully I will have a more positive opinion on the costume when we see the broadcast.

Probably due to personal preference, but the bling on his costumes never bothered me. :) Same with intricately placed rhinestones on this one as well.

Thanks, hamaguri, for your first hand report and for the pamphlet quotes. I think he had achieved what he set out to do with this EX, which is to make a lasting impression to those watching it live.

Me too. My first impression on the costume was (Oh no--I have to talk to johny..did he do this?!).
But it's way better than the "ABANDONED BEEHIVE" I expected it to be like. So...okay i'm sure I'll growto like it. Not like I have a choice but to do so.

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
Looking at these photos, perhaps the person who designed his POTO v.2 costume did the new one as well? This is what I like about both costumes the most.

Good thing you mentioned that. Cozz I've been wondering like crazy who designed his POTO v 2 costume. It's so like AWESOME! Simple...detailed..and fits his program so well. It has traces of black (for darkness), blue (for ice),gold details (for mystique), and white ( for phantom).

So if you're right (which I hope you are) about the designer of his new costume..then I have no complaints :agree:

sloveniangirl

Match Penalty
I don't know why, but I somehow liked every costume he wore (although some are love at first sight and some others are more like development from dislike to like), I can't explain, but I really find them beautiful :) !! (the really only one which i cannot accept till now, is the first vertigo costume he wore, the white vest one)

Same:agree:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
perhaps it's the days when she's cutting lettuce?

:rofl:
You know what? yours was worse scenario. But considering the NEW costume Yuzuru wore in his EX...you're spot on!:jaw: It certainly looks like(this is just between you and me) a CUT INTO BITS LETTUCE. :hopelessness:

Are you a mind reader or something???:biggrin:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
My favorite Yuzuru costumes are:
Étude in D minor
Romeo and Juliet version 1
Chopin

Mine will be

1. Notre Dame de PARIS (I like the masculine pink details)
2. POTO v2 (very dark and magical looking)
3. R&J v1 (love the prince-like look. So Romeo-ish)

So I guess we both like the first Romeo huh?

;)

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
Thanks! I did. I think the costume would look great if he were underwater. :biggrin:

And then wooosh! I totally SCREEN SAVERed this one. I hope it's okay for you Newbie spectator. But I can't put "I DON'T OWN ANYTHING ON THIS SCREEN SAVER.ALL CREDITS GOES TO NEWBIESPECTATOR" sign in there so...I will really totally remove it if it's not okay with you.

But remove or not...it's just so great. (hope I have talent like you have).I can't even draw Yuzuru's proper hairstyle.:slink:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
And then wooosh! I totally SCREEN SAVERed this one. I hope it's okay for you Newbie spectator. But I can't put "I DON'T OWN ANYTHING ON THIS SCREEN SAVER.ALL CREDITS GOES TO NEWBIESPECTATOR" sign in there so...I will really totally remove it if it's not okay with you.

But remove or not...it's just so great. (hope I have talent like you have).I can't even draw Yuzuru's proper hairstyle.:slink:

Thank you so much. Please go ahead and use it.:biggrin: I've got my signature very small at the bottom, all artwork uploaded in my deviant art gallery is ok to share and use as wallpapers.

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
To be honest it's my fault thinking of the merman in the first place, and now I don't know should I laugh or cry.

No Meoima...No. Doon't blame yourself for the unending lauughter of the people in the entire forum. Don't blame yourself that I couldn't sleep because of the MERMAN that Yuzuru has become. Don't, don't blame yourself...:drama:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
This actually makes sense. He was deeply touched by the 3.11, I don't think your reasoning is too fantasist.
For the SP, I would rather think he will stay in a "confidence area" for the style this year, as Seimei is already an experiment, but I might be wrong.

I agree. His PW was a record breaker because being cool is his forte. Though he really transforms into a POMPOUS CUTIE during the olympics, I believe having that attitude which is entirely different from his personality is perfect for a short program. (Well the late Gary Moore helped a lot too):think:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thank you so much. Please go ahead and use it.:biggrin: I've got my signature very small at the bottom, all artwork uploaded in my deviant art gallery is ok to share and use as wallpapers.

Every time you post a new picture I wind up going thru like half of your collection. It's very time consuming :scowl: but it's all so good I can't resist. :)

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice
This is the report of the second show of Kanazawa FaOI on June 27, Sunday

First of all, thank you for reading the previous report or supporting me. I can continue to write thanks to you:).

(PART II)

Part II is about SEIMEI

(Costume)
My friend said a minor change was made in his costume.
The sleeves got larger in width, more like a Japanese traditional costume.

(Jumps)
4S (punk, 2S?) 4T(fall), 3F (o), 4T (fall), 3A-3T (o)
He didn’t do well with his jumps that day. It was partly because of the ice. After finished, he skated towards the certain area and stroked the ice with his blades and hands.

(Performance)
In the show, what made me most surprised was his speed. Obviously he got more speed than in Makuhari. He was skating from one corner to another with an incredible speed.

Further, his overall movements were sharper and more controlled and deliberate than in DOI.
Coreo sequence got stronger and dramatic!

The elements seemed to increase. But, the choreography itself impressed that it was on it’s way and far from the complete even though I knew some parts had not yet included. The overall impression will be much different in competitions.

And ina bauer…. Someone had talked about ina bauer in SEIMEI. In terms of interpretation, it was well mixed in music and effective. Of course, it presented a kind of climax, but the feeling wasn’t as dramatic as in RJ2, Phantom or so.

His spin.. In FaOI, there’s a master of spin. Of course it’s Stephan. His spin is truly masterpiece. Compared with Stephan’s, yuzu’s spin nearly reached Stephan’s level. Oh, it might be exaggerated:drama:…. Anyway, it was sure when it came to spin, both two stood out clearly.

About music, it didn’t feel like so Japanesque. That’s partly because the other instruments than the Japanese traditional ones were used enough. The point I noticed was Japanese flute around 2:00 in this video . It sounded as if it came from far away. If he can make supernatural-like atmosphere around here, the program will be different.

Throughout the show, he was apparently in different mode than in one at Makuhari I had previously saw him live. In Makuhari, he felt relaxed and amused himself and audience bringing back his old EX, and at “Believe”, he was skating happily and passionately. In Kanazawa, however, he felt a bit serious and was in a kind of competition mode. He might have switched his mode.

Part III is other things about yuzu and show overall, other skaters. Show itself was great and high-quality entertainment more than Makuhari, I suppose. In Kanazawa, music was gorgeous and programs were better. I guess the layout of Kobe show will be almost the same, as Makuhari’ and Shizuoka’ were so. We can expect the broadcast of KOBE!

:bow: Thank you so much for this!!!!:cry:

HanyaYuzura

On the Ice

ARIGATOU GOSAIMASHITA!!!(or just really thankyou)
and... :eek:: do you have a link to your deviant art account. Im really dying to go there and DESKTOP BACKGROUND everything...(wonder how many years it'll take me to.hehe...)

Overall...thank you and great job!!!:cheer: