2016 Japan Open | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2016 Japan Open

tzazu

Medalist
I really love Javi's new FS!!! Need to polish some things yet, but wow!:luv17:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Shoma's program is getting better and better. His movements aren't so stiff and they are getting sharper. :thumbsup:
Of course, the scores don't actually count for anything, but this is a great showing.

Mao88

Record Breaker
Videos have started appearing on Youtube. Please do not post any links to them, as they will almost certainly get taken down pretty quickly if you do. I will post links to them in the usual format in 24 hours time once as many people as possible have seen them

All will say for now is what sunk the titanic......? Please do not post any other clues

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
Wakaba has improved her polish and presentation a whole lot. The light pink looks better in motion than I originally thought.

Last edited:

Interspectator

Record Breaker
I like it too. Satoko's dress is beautiful as well but I wish it had dark blue gradient on the skirt, that would make her stand out a bit more.

Last edited:

Mao88

Record Breaker
MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT

1. Shoma Uno (Japan) - 198.55
2. Javier Fernandez (Spain) - 192.20
3. Nobunari Oda (Japan) - 178.72
4. Jeremy Abbott (USA) - 166.99
5. Adam Rippon (USA) - 166.85
6. Florent Amodio (France) 124.35

LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT

1. Evgenia Medvedeva (Russia) - 147.07
2. Satoko Miyahara (Japan) - 143.39
3. Ashley Wagner (USA) - 132.12
4. Anna Pogorilaya (Russia) - 132.04
5. Wakaba Higuchi (Japan) - 116.99
6. Gracie Gold (USA) - 108.24

TEAM RESULT

1. Japan - 637.65
3. Europe - 595.66
3. North America - 574.20

Last edited:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wakaba's costume is beautiful, as is she! Being that she is shorter, the style of it sort of chops her in half though. Something that would give her a longer looking line would suit her better, although I get that she is going for the Scheherazade look...Really enjoy her skating. :)

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
Wakaba's costume is beautiful, as is she! Being that she is shorter, the style of it sort of chops her in half though. Something that would give her a longer looking line would suit her better, although I get that she is going for the Scheherazade look...Really enjoy her skating. :)

:thumbsup: I wholeheartedly agree. That is exactly how I've felt about the dress since I saw it three weeks ago, but you're the first person who spoke my mind. :thumbsup:

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
:thumbsup: I wholeheartedly agree. That is exactly how I've felt about the dress since I saw it three weeks ago, but you're the first person who spoke my mind. :thumbsup:

I only thought of it because I kept looking at Shoma's SP and FS and thinking, Ok am I crazy, or does he look taller in the FS?! It's definitely because his FS costume is all one color and the SP sorta chops him up with purple pants and lavender top...Her costume is SO beautiful -- pink color and all, just maybe not quite right for her.

Kittosuni

Medalist
Surprisingly wasnt bothered with the voiceover in Medvedeva's STSQ but the telephone ring in the end really needs to go. Her skirt is also too long. Nice dress by Ashley but those URs need to be fixed. Satoko program is really good.

cathlen

Team Gorgeous Cacti!
Record Breaker
Country
Poland
MEN'S FREE SKATE - RESULT

1. Shoma Uno (Japan) - 198.55
2. Javier Fernandez (Spain) - 192.20
3. Nobunari Oda (Japan) - 178.72
4. Jeremy Abbott (USA) - 166.99
5. Adam Rippon (USA) - 166.85
6. Florent Amodio (France) 124.35

LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT

1. Evgenia Medvedeva (Russia) - 147.07
2. Satoko Miyahara (Japan) - 143.39
3. Ashley Wagner (USA) - 132.12
4. Anna Pogorilaya (Russia) - 132.04
5. Wakaba Higuchi (Japan) - 116.99
6. Gracie Gold (USA) - 108.24

TEAM RESULT

1. Japan - 637.65
2. North America - 595.66
3. Europe - 574.20

It's Europe with 595.66 and North America with 574.20 :p

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Zhenia looks very sophisticated - I like her look:) What I don't like is that her choreo is the same as last year's >< Didn't like Wagner's program, that I didn't expect. Hate Anna's dress, but her skating here was much better, imho, than at test skate. She will surely win some medals this year. Hope the judges see her improvement and stop giving her mediocre PCS...Honestly, 7.50???