Rinkside
Hmmm.....i can think of a few possible, but not a full list
James Min
Charlton Doherty
Darien Kaptich
Holly Harris
etc.

We have a few junior dance teams now, so not too sure agout them

Maybe check the rankings which most on this forum seem to ignore - that's what's used for selection with top ranked skaters given preference. However, in the case of JGP selection, Australian results are used which always makes it interesting and "subject to change" right until the last minute

GF2445

Record Breaker
Maybe check the rankings which most on this forum seem to ignore - that's what's used for selection with top ranked skaters given preference. However, in the case of JGP selection, Australian results are used which always makes it interesting and "subject to change" right until the last minute

Yeah, i posted the ISA rankings on the previous page

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Anyone going up to Wintersun? I wish I was. Too bloody cold down here.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I also thought the Hollins entries were thinner than usual, too. But I might be imagining that, I'll have to double-check.

GF2445

Record Breaker
Also, Happy start of the Olympic Season everyone. JGP Brisbane is in LESS than TWO months.
I repeat- less than 2 months.

TMC

Record Breaker
Hahaha Harley just said that the Australian fed double-booked the team for JGP Zagreb and Nebelhorn Trophy, which are on the same weekend... (he's live on IG).

Let's hope they work it out somehow :)

GF2445

Record Breaker
Hahaha Harley just said that the Australian fed double-booked the team for JGP Zagreb and Nebelhorn Trophy, which are on the same weekend... (he's live on IG).

Let's hope they work it out somehow :)

Thats smart.....
Well, Australia has max spots for pairs this season for all the junior grand prix events so im sure they will work something out.

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
Thats smart.....
Well, Australia has max spots for pairs this season for all the junior grand prix events so im sure they will work something out.

Are Katia and Harley competing on the Junior Grand Prix circuit again this year?

I guess they are allowed, as they were the only Junior World Champions who weren't offered a spot on the Senior Grand Prix Series. (I'm still smarting about that!)

Interesting that they are going to skate at both levels again. I hope it doesn't make them too tired.

GF2445

Record Breaker
How in the world are they unable to fill in the ice dance spots, we have more junior ice dance teams right???

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
I definitely don't agree with how they split the spots. If holly doesn't wanna do Brisbane then that is her choice and I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why she isn't doing it. But I don't like how they give so many different skaters 1 jpg, when they could give someone the opportunity to do 2. If I'm being honest I was surprised to see Jordyn Lazarus and Lucy Yun get a jpg since they are lower in rankings. I thought Amelia Jackson was gonna get 2 spots since her TES has been significantly higher than the other girls except for holly. But that's just my opinion

Disappointing that there are dance and pair spots we can't fill 😢

essence_of_soy

On the Ice
I definitely don't agree with how they split the spots. If holly doesn't wanna do Brisbane then that is her choice and I'm sure there is a perfectly good reason why she isn't doing it. But I don't like how they give so many different skaters 1 jpg, when they could give someone the opportunity to do 2. If I'm being honest I was surprised to see Jordyn Lazarus and Lucy Yun get a jpg since they are lower in rankings. I thought Amelia Jackson was gonna get 2 spots since her TES has been significantly higher than the other girls except for holly. But that's just my opinion

Disappointing that there are dance and pair spots we can't fill 😢

A shame Holly isn't skating on home ice. With four different triples and the support of a home crowd, a clean skate could have put her inside the top ten.

Apart from Holly and to a lesser degree, Katie, I'm a bit worried for the other ladies because looking at their TES from Wintersun and Hollins, they really don't have reliable double axels, or even any triple jumps to speak of at all.
I get that Junior Grand Prix events are about the experience, but hopefully they can be about sending skaters with a strong minimum standard to make a good impression as well. Otherwise, they are going to be buried in the standings.

Bianca Del Rio

Rinkside
My point is even though she doesn't have consistent clean triples and sometimes falls on 2A, she still should have got 2 spots. Her technical is significantly higher than the 3 girls below her.

And we ignore Hollys falls at nationals because her falling that many times is clearly anomaly. She has proven that she can land multiple triples in both programs at numerous events.

snsd

On the Ice
hahaha I definitely wouldn't call any of Amelia Jacksons triples clean... they are very much just under rotated attempts.

I think it is fair that Holly was the only girl to get 2 spots. She is the only girl we have with any talent in junior. All the other girls are practically the same level and will come close to last at all JGPs anyway so why not give that experience to as many of them as we can.