2018 Four Continents Free Dance

Mikansei

Learning how to spin
On the Ice
So happy for Kana and Chris. I love Kana, and their FD is really nice :hap85:

TerpsichoreFS

Marin Honda's skating skills
Final Flight
I love S/F! I loved their sd! Definitely the team of the competition for me. I hope they will get to go to worlds

keasus

On the Ice
Shakier rotational lift that usual and they need to work on their spins but sidhgjskdnbjkdn!!! :love:

They just exude such joy and freedom, and it's paired so well with the music. They really take me back in time, and I love it so much more given that there's been a trend towards the soft lyrical programs made popular by P/C. Really, the future of Canadian ice dance.

:pray:skate gods deliver us from Montreal Mush

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
I enjoyed watching on IN last night without commentary. But am also enjoying watching it on NBCSN this morning and hearing Ben's take on dances. I miss Tanith though. They were great on the ice and great in the broadcast booth together

MichelynB

Spectator
Yup, based on d) ii) from what Mango posted, the ChLi was illegally executed - even if beautifully executed! ;)

I'm glad it didn't cost them silver, though it did keep them sub 100. But it's odd that the ChLi still counted even though it was an illegal element?

I read that it was actually the choreographic twizzle move because of what was perceived as an illegal jump done by both simultaneously before the twizzle. I remember Ben saying that it was one of the best choreographic twizzle sequences he’d seen and it was done so well to the music. Unfortunately, it also appeared to be illegal.
http://www.isu.org/inside-single-pa...op-ice-dance-podium-in-style?templateParam=15

Anyasnake

Record Breaker
The illegal element from S/F FD was the jump into the Choreographic twizzles... Here : https://youtu.be/7GlAKDobSzY?t=196

Sometimes Ice Dance rules really bug me. Too many restrictions, it can kill the choreography not to be able to add what's fitting in order to respect the rules.

semosk8tfan

Medalist
Country
United-States
So the tech panel gives you an illegal element call but the judges love the move and give you 1.70 in GOE for it? One hand taketh and the other giveth. This is just nuts.

keasus

On the Ice
Would the same apply to jean luc??? He has lifts..

I know Jean-Luc is on the "shorter" side, but, honestly he is so charismatic I don't even notice. He is a natural born performer. i can't wait to see this team develop over the next few years.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
His height will be an issue for them. I do not think they will ever get to the top unfortunately.

He's the same height as Jean Luc, but Carolane is shorter than Kaitlyn. S/F actually have almost the same height difference as Tessa and Scott, according to ISU bios.

Virtue/Moir - 5’5” / 5’11” (165 cm / 180 cm) — 15 cm difference

Cappellini/Lanotte - 5’5” / 5’10” (165 cm / 177 cm) — 12 cm

Hawayek/Baker - 5’3” / 5’7” (160 cm / 170 cm) — 10 cm

Soucisse/Firus - 5’1” / 5’7” (156 cm / 170 cm) — 14 cm