Alena Kostornaia | Page 112 | Golden Skate

Alena Kostornaia

sweetice

Praise the Ice God
Final Flight
Dude.....no!!!:curse:
Not now, at least.

I think it's good that she's open to change discipline, if anything will goes wrong with her career as a single.

She clearly has the potential to later switch to pairs and become the new Aljona.

Timo T

Rinkside
I see it's a little misunderstanding here) The question about the switching to Pairs/Ice Dance was "Have you ever thought about switching..." So, Alena said she thought about it sometime, but not all the time.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I see it's a little misunderstanding here) The question about the switching to Pairs/Ice Dance was "Have you ever thought about switching..." So, Alena said she thought about it sometime, but not all the time.

No switching for AK. Her skating is the most beautiful in the ladies discipline even moreso than Gubanova and Stasya and Alena is just beginning and it's only work with Eteri a short amount of time. Who knows how great she can become.

I think some of the lower-ranked Russian girls who are lovely skaters but maybe not in the top seven or eight and their own country should move to dance or pairs when they're 20 years old if the handwriting is on the wall that there singles careers are going nowhere. But I can't see how our little Alena ever doing that because her singles skating is so special.

Fluture

Record Breaker
No switching for AK. Her skating is the most beautiful in the ladies discipline even moreso than Gubanova and Stasya and Alena is just beginning and it's only work with Eteri a short amount of time. Who knows how great she can become.

I think some of the lower-ranked Russian girls who are lovely skaters but maybe not in the top seven or eight and their own country should move to dance or pairs when they're 20 years old if the handwriting is on the wall that there singles careers are going nowhere. But I can't see how our little Alena ever doing that because her singles skating is so special.

I don‘t think she meant she considered switching to pairs. Probably she thought about it sometimes, but nothing serious. I agree about Alena‘s skating, though. It‘s really special and I definitely look forward to seeing her again this week.

I just hope that she‘ll be fully recovered next season and doesn‘t jump before she‘s allowed to! She wants to study medicine, she should know that it can be dangerous not to listen to doctors and jumping too soon might aggravate the injury. And for next season, I just wish her health and... fair judging. I expect she might lose her PCS advantage, unfortunately in seniors PCS soon catch up to TES, even if the skaters aren‘t particularly gifted in the former... I don‘t know whether her health will allow her to learn the 3A but I definitely hope so. She‘s too beautiful a skater to lose due to unfair PCS judging resulting from the TES advantage of others.

Scott512

Record Breaker
I don‘t think she meant she considered switching to pairs. Probably she thought about it sometimes, but nothing serious. I agree about Alena‘s skating, though. It‘s really special and I definitely look forward to seeing her again this week.

I just hope that she‘ll be fully recovered next season and doesn‘t jump before she‘s allowed to! She wants to study medicine, she should know that it can be dangerous not to listen to doctors and jumping too soon might aggravate the injury. And for next season, I just wish her health and... fair judging. I expect she might lose her PCS advantage, unfortunately in seniors PCS soon catch up to TES, even if the skaters aren‘t particularly gifted in the former... I don‘t know whether her health will allow her to learn the 3A but I definitely hope so. She‘s too beautiful a skater to lose due to unfair PCS judging resulting from the TES advantage of others.

Good point about how smart Alena is. I would think she would be smart enough not to over do things and risk further injury no matter what Anna and Sasha are doing. Apparently Sasha does not pull back much she is full throttle even in practice. That is risky business and Russian roulette if you will. I don't think Alena is like that. A lot of her career or any of these girls careers depends on health timing and puberty.

Happy Skates

Final Flight
Good point about how smart Alena is. I would think she would be smart enough not to over do things and risk further injury no matter what Anna and Sasha are doing. Apparently Sasha does not pull back much she is full throttle even in practice. That is risky business and Russian roulette if you will. I don't think Alena is like that. A lot of her career or any of these girls careers depends on health timing and puberty.

It does make me nervous that she is jumping against the advice of her doctor and coaches though. Poor thing probably misses it so much, these girls just love to jump.

anna gabriela

Rinkside
I’d really appreciate if someone could give a more accurate translation of Alena’s answers on ask fm, she’s been answering a lot lately and while some of the google translations get the right idea, many of them make no sense at all.

Timo T

Rinkside
I tried my best to translate the most interesting sentences in Alena's latest Ask, but, please, be kind, my language skills are not so good as Alena's :biggrin:

Q: A puppy-sized elephant or an elephant-sized puppy?
A: A puppy-sized elephant.

Q: In Eteri's group everyone loves dogs, and who loves cats?
A: I love all animals.

Q: What do you think about tasmanian devil?
A: He looks cool, but I wouldn't risk meeting him.

Q: If you were offered to play in a movie, in a TV show or in a play, would you agree?
A: It depends on the role.

Q: What roles do you like? Maybe you got a favourite character or a favorite story in which you would like to be?
A: I really like Daenerys.

Q: Where would you go on vacations?
A: France.

Q: How's your French? Do you speak and read fluently or you use a dictionary?
A: I speak, but hardly.

Q: Have you already started to make new programs for the next season?
A: No.

Q: Many skaters and skating experts praises your skating. Whose praise is the most valued for you?
A: My coaches'.

Q: Did you congratulate Sonya (Samodurova) when she became a European champion?
A: Yes.

Q: When you go to Krasnodar?
A: Soon.

Q: By which train?
A: By plane.

Q: Did you talk to Gleykh after that interview?

Q: Why there's only one "f" in your IG account? (@alena_oficialnew)
A: It's a special thing)

Q: Who are you most friends with in your group?
A: I have a good relationship with the all.

Q: Will you wear a vampire dress for the show?
A: Of course)

Q: How did the idea of vampire EX come about? You offered?
A: I have long wanted to do that, and when Eteri Georgiyevna saw my make up for the SP at the Junior Nationals she offered that by herself.

Q: Do you have lenses on that photo? (with the vampire make up)
A: No.

Q: The make up is gorgeous! You made it by your own?

Q: Bella has a boyfriend in the movie. Will you skate with your own Edward? :)
A: No, alone.

Q: Favourite flowers?
A: Roses.

Q: Last year you said peonies.
A: Preferences changes over time.

Q: Do you communicate with Camden? (Pulkinen)

Q: Is it true you will not learn triple axel anymore (Volkov said it in his interview)?
A: It's his personal opinion, not mine.

Q: Are you still learning biology?

Q: Your eyes are very calm. Almost every medic has the same. I think you will be a good doctor after finishing your sport carier.
A: Maybe, but by a second education.

Q: Wait, what will be the first? You don't wanna go to medical university anymore?
A: Yes, but it's a secret.

Q: Oh, please, tell me it will not be something related to sports or coaching!
A: No, but partially related to sports.

Q: Oh no, not a commentator!
A: Ok, if you're intrested so, it will be a sport manager.

Q: And what are you gonna do??? In football, for example, sport managers sells their players. And what will you do??????
A: I just need a first education which will allow me not to be distracted from training. And after the finishing my sport carier I will go to med.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
How it comes that vampires always put their make up so well when they can't be seen in the mirror? :scratch2::biggrin: