Junhwan Cha | Page 79 | Golden Skate

Junhwan Cha

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
That darling loves TCC, and I don't think it's TCC that's the problem. I could tell he was nervous with his quad flip going in, and when he fell on that he twisted his ankle (quoting him here) so that's how the mess happened. And while I'm denying this competition's existence in general I will say that he did display his musicality, expression, and how it has developed even further. Look at how he did his Ina Bauer-spiral sequence even amidst all that. And since his ever-consistent 3As were there I have hope that his boots do fit, if only for now.

I don't care that he's not going to GPF, he can rest his precious ankles and be healthy for rankings, Nats, 4CC, and Worlds. And while I do not want (nor think) his career to be like Nam Nguyen's, but Nam Nguyen's career is far from over, like he won Canadian Nats last season. Not to mention the fact that Junhwan is a Korean skater and thus under (bleep) KSU and its utter incompetence. He's a miracle in himself.

Point is, I don't think it's the apocalypse because he bombed once, and that the second outing of the season. I know y'all had high expectations after ACI, not gonna lie I did too, but he has upped his technical content, general skating, and artistry significantly. He's not the Queen, it's only human that he has struggles.

clippers8200

On the Ice
Definitely no need to leave TCC. He seems happy there and said himself that he's landing his quads more than 70-80% of the time; it's just a matter of time before that translates to competition!

sunnystars

#teamotherskaters
Record Breaker
You guys do have a point on him being happy there. I do think he needs some outside help with the tech though. I get that there's Dionisio (sp?) and Briand in TCC but I just feel like he's not being helped enough with his URs. He could jump all those quads but that UR tendency remains.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
You guys do have a point on him being happy there. I do think he needs some outside help with the tech though. I get that there's Dionisio (sp?) and Briand in TCC but I just feel like he's not being helped enough with his URs. He could jump all those quads but that UR tendency remains.

Well this wasn't the best... occasion to judge URs, but according to the protocols the only underrotated jumps were the quads he fell on (in fact his FS 4S was marked as rotated), his -3Lo on his 3Lz wasn't dinged and neither was his -3S with his 3A. I say if his boots fit URs will be dealt with sooner or later

s_parks

Record Breaker
Lol geez one time he has a legitimately bad skate and people are suggesting to move. Let's get real, like Ichat said, the problem is really the neverending saga with his boots. They've hindered his progress a lot (as you can imagine...), and it's not easy to go for 3 quads in one program at his age. Better fail now than two years from now in the olympic season. Main concern is that he stays injury-free with fitted boots.

Imov

Medalist
It was just a bad day but he was still more beautiful than that.
I belive Jun will work on his short comings he's just 18 (I counted his age right?)
I love his costumes, he may not be King but he is the Prince.

Briananing

On the Ice
I wish we know how yuna could be so calm and consistent through out her career. Jun, eunsoo and you young seemed to falter whenever they were nervous and the competition got bigger. Though yeah, i agree he should stay at TCC, they were doing good on him. They always seemed to pick programs that suit him too.

icetug

Medalist
Skate America aside (as tomorrow is another day :))
HAPPY 18TH BIRTHDAY, SWEETY!
Let the skating gods be kind for you, from now for ever :pray:.

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
It's a bit late, but a huge big happy birthday to my darling. Let him get all the joy and happiness he deserves, and then again the next day, and then the next day, and then forever on.

Technically he's still underage since it's his 18th and to be a legal adult in Korea you have to be 19, but then by common practice you're an adult once the year your 19th birthday is in begins. Also he's mostly in Toronto, and there you're not a minor anymore when you're 18 (or so google says). So when I see him at Nats he'll be an adult :eek: But then, that darling of mine is older than his years already, it's just his body catching up :laugh:

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
It's a bit late, but a huge big happy birthday to my darling. Let him get all the joy and happiness he deserves, and then again the next day, and then the next day, and then forever on.

Technically he's still underage since it's his 18th and to be a legal adult in Korea you have to be 19, but then by common practice you're an adult once the year your 19th birthday is in begins. Also he's mostly in Toronto, and there you're not a minor anymore when you're 18 (or so google says). So when I see him at Nats he'll be an adult :eek: But then, that darling of mine is older than his years already, it's just his body catching up :laugh:

Yes, in Canada 18 is the age of majority, although the drinking age in Ontario is 19.

LeeJiHye19

Final Flight
I can’t believe it’s been five years already since I saw a him as a figure skater. But technically I already saw him in 2012 a child actor, I just didn’t know it was him. he is already very cute and charming that time.

Greengemmonster

On the Ice
Big fan of Jun here (or Junliet as I like to call him).

Can someone tell me why he has so much trouble with his boots? Is it because he is always growing or has he got really bad boots (like a bad brand)?

Ichatdelune

Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
One thing to brighten up my (currently very draining) life, Junhwan's half-embarrassed Korean intro :laugh: :luv17:

And darling, you may not be on level with, I don't know, the Queen (all hail Her Royal Highness), in terms of popularity, but you're the one who brings like half of the audience for rankings and Nats to the rink