Who Are You? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Who Are You?

Buzzz

Final Flight
I am 35 and female. I use mostly the same "name" on all the boards I post on, which are not many, save for skating forms, where i use the "name" Lucky. I kind of fallen out of love with skating in recent years, however I am still a Plushenko fan. I guess because I have been following his career for so long. I am a movie fanatic and one of my biggest pet peeve is free downloading of movies. Let's see what else... oh yeah... I am in Toronto, Canada.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
except for Toni, I've "watched" her grow up since I got my computer in 1999! ;)

I was 14!!!!! :laugh: can you believe I'm going to be 21 in *counts months* 4.5 months!!!!!!!!! :agree:

childfreegirl

Final Flight
Well, I'm childfreegirl. My username is very complicated. :rolleye: I'm childfree by choice and female, and as my title indicates, sterilized as of last Friday. :biggrin: I'm furmom to six adorable kitties. I've been a skating fan as long as I can remember. The first "big" skating competition I can remember watching was the '88 Olys, but I know I watched skating before that. I couldn't get enough of it.

I don't post much, but I do lurk and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming season.

Cheers!

CFG

Chele615

Rinkside
I don't really post here all that much....its kind of spread throughout here and there. Anyway, my username is chele615 which is basically just part of my first name (Michele) and my birthday (615). My name on pretty much any board I frequent is either this one or just Chele.

I'm 26 years old and I am going to be starting my fifth year as a high school special education teacher this coming Monday. During the school year I work in a Learning Center type of environment where I see about 100 kids a day who all have some type of Learning Disability. I help them with their coursework so that they are able to keep up with the demands that the regular education setting put on them. I also am responsible for holding any and all meetings that are needed throughout the school year...usually to update their IEP's. I also have to do testing for any of the reevaluations that come up throughout the year. Its a ton of work and there are so many times throughout the school year that I don't think I'll ever get through everything I need to do. Unfortunately, the administration just keeps stacking more and more tasks on us to do in the short amount of time we have rather than figuring out a way to relieve our courseload just a little bit ;) I also just recently finished my Master's Degree program in Learning Disabilities. It took me about 2.5 years to do it since I went part time during the school year and piled on the classes in the summer.

When school lets out for the summer, I work at a summer day camp for kids with severe special needs (Down Syndrome, Cerebal Palsy, etc.) and its the best experience I have ever had the pleasure of doing. I have been working there for the past eight years. I started working there when I was in college and thats when I realized that I wanted to focus on special education instead of regular elementary education like I was originally planning on doing.

When I'm not in school or working at camp, I'm usually en route to some type of skating event. I go to a bunch of skating stuff throughout the year. Thankfully I live outside of Boston, MA which is conveniently located to many different areas where skating events come.

I have been a skating fan for as long as I can remember!!! At the beginning, it was mainly just about all the Boston area skaters. The Carruthers, Nancy Kerrigan, etc. Then I started to root for other US skaters....mainly Jenni Meno and Todd Sand. After the 2002 Olympics, I began the crazy skating fan that I am now ;) I am a huge supporter of North American skaters and I'm a huge pairs skating fan. My favorites right now include Sale and Pelletier, Orscher and Lucash, Anabelle Langlois and whoever she skates with ;), Megan Wing and Aaron Lowe, Jenny Kirk, Joannie Rochette, Jeff Buttle, Chris Mabee, Humberto Contreras, Timothy Goebel, and Ryan Bradley.

I am a huge Boston girl...complete with the accent and the ability to navigate rotaries ;) I am a Red Sox fan to the 192819082018215th degree and I live and breathe Red Sox from April to October. Watching the Red Sox celebrate winning and the fact that they were going to the World Series on the grounds of Yankee Stadium after Game 7 of the Yankees/Red Sox series last year in the playoffs was one of the best moments of my young life!!! It completely bypassed the fact that the Red Sox went on to sweep the Cardinals to win the World Series. It was a great family bonding moment for our family!!!

Last edited:
Geez, Toni, from teenager to young woman! And what a beautiful young woman in all ways, especially mind and spirit. You never seemed like a teenager from the beginning, you've always "had your act together" way more than I ever will! When we first "met" on SF, I was still enjoying my early 40's...and now I'm approaching 50 much too fast!!! YIKES!

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I used to be over at another skating site with you guys. It was a hard decison leaving my old skating home, but I'm grateful to find some of my longtime FS "family" here, along with new ones to get to know. It feels a little strange to be sorta on the new side at an FS board. Though, I do love this place. :yes:

I got my computer in 2002, right beofre the Oly's. Boy, was I grateful I had people to talk to about it. I can't believe I met you guys almost 4 years ago! :)

Annie/AnnieBgood/CzarinaAnya

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Grgranny said:
I think most everyone now knows pretty much about me. If not, ask and I'll tell you the good parts! :laugh: There are a number of posters that I can't figure out if they are male or female. So, let us know more about you. What kind of work do you do? Or schooling? Where are you from? I think we feel more comfortable if we know more about you. Or, maybe we will hate you. :rofl: :rofl:
I do have one question. How come so many of you don't choose to put a little more in your bio?

Grgranny:

I like to stay as anonymous as possible; I think the LAD part of my login name fooled everyone at first. I am simply a female, female. I was a figure skater a hundred years ago, but still enjoy keeping up with all the competitions. I am more of a fan now than a skater. A little too over the hill now and out of shape, but I guess I could put on my skates and take a few turns around the rink.

I bought a brand new Honda Civic this summer and absolutely love it. What a treat driving a new car is. My husband and I just purchased a townhouse and will soon be moving.

Don't want to ruin my anonymity so I will stop here.

PS - My favorite female skater of all time and skating inspiration is of course, Karen Magnussen. My favorite male skaters are Kurt Browning, Toller Cranston and presently Jeff Buttle.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
NJSk8Fan said:
Geez, Toni, from teenager to young woman! And what a beautiful young woman in all ways, especially mind and spirit. You never seemed like a teenager from the beginning, you've always "had your act together" way more than I ever will! When we first "met" on SF, I was still enjoying my early 40's...and now I'm approaching 50 much too fast!!! YIKES!

awwwwwwww *feels loved* :love: I tried to be mature over there... I felt like I was the youngest anyway lol

Rachael

On the Ice
My name is Rachael. I graduated from college in December. I'm currently working at a daycare (the best birth control ever). I've been a fan of figure skating since 1994. I'm a book lover.

sue123

Rinkside
~Rainbow~ said:

I have no other siblings and two first cousins, and barealy any friends. Most of my friends are either in another state or country or don't talk to me anymore. Luckily I have some friends that care about me. My parents are the worst people in the world, and I wish I was an only child. I am also never going to get a boyfriend. I think my cousin is cute... my second cousin but that's wrong so I won't go there.

Though I am Catholic I don't think I believe in God anymore. I hate going to mass, and I hate school. Also I was Battered_Beyotch like a year ago. I decided to get a new screen name since my old on offended people.

I know I really don't post, more of a lurker, but this post really upset me. How can you say your parents are the worst people in the world? These people who pay for you to skate, probably passed on vacations so you and your sister could skate, put food on your plate, a roof over your head, and will probably drop everything when you're in trouble, and they're the worst people in the world? You wish you could be an only child? Well, you said earlier you sister introduced you to skating. If she wasn't around, who knows what could have happened? Me and my sister have our share of differences, there were times when I may have said I wished I was an only child, but I would never mean it. I'm 20, she's 22, we fight, and the best part is, you don't have to do a formal make up, because she's your sister, and forgives you no matter what. I know people have bad relationships with their families, but I have hard times understanding how people could go years without talking to their siblings. Me and my sister could go days without talking to each other, but as soon as I'm in trouble, or she needs me, I come, no questions asked. To have that kind of support and love built in to your own family is such a precious gift. Because you know that no matter what happens, your family will support you, so please do not say you hate your family, because one day you will realize that you do need them, and they will most likely come, no questions asked.

I know I probably just went off there, but I just get so frustrated when people don't realize just how lucky they are. I used to complain about my parents too, I used to say they were unfair, too strict, whatever. Then, I came thisclose to losing both of them within the span of a couple of months. It sucks that I needed to take that as a wake up call that my parents weren't the ones with the problem, it was me. I changed my attitude, and ever since, I don't care if they do embarassing things in public, I don't think their accents are shameful, I don't care that we live 4 people and a dog in an apartment where even 2 people is pushing it. Because I know that when I'm sick, my mom will drive 2 hours in a blizzard to pick me up from school, or my dad will drive to my campus and bring me the computer from home when mine just stopped working and I had a paper to write and research to do. Or they'll wait for me to get lunch while i"m taking arguably the most important exam of my life even though the site is out of the way of our house. I actually feel ashamed now that I could have ever though they were such horrible people. I just hope you won't have to go through what I went through to get to this point.

heyang

Record Breaker
I am fortunate that I am also close to my extended family on both my parents sides. On my father's side, I have 10 cousins and we are all close to varying degrees. I was actually a bridesmaid in 3 of their weddings, as well as my brother's, and had a role in a 4th one. On my mother's side, I have 2 cousins who are more than 10 years younger than me. I loved playing with them as kids, then I didn't see them much because I was in college, then they were teenagers ( I did drive one of them and 3 of her friends to a New Kids On the Block concert and had them stay at my place), but since they graduated from college, we've become friends and once again, I played a role in one of their weddings - the other is still single, but I could anticipate being part of her big day, too.

For us, it's a foreign concept to not know one's cousins, but I have friends who have never even met their 1st cousins due to estrangements. I think it's especiallly sad if you're an only child and don't know your cousins.

tracylynn

Rinkside
Hi! This is my first post so it makes a lot of sense to tell everyone about me before I start posting on the topics..

Anyway, I think my name is quite obvious (Tracylynn), I work for the schools as a subsitute teacher & I have no kids yet but I do have 3 cats. I have a degree in History and International Studies. My areas of concentration were Egyptology, Ancient Greece & Roman, and the Middle East.

I have been a figure skating fan for a long time but I got more into it when my older brother and sister moved out of my parent's home and I had more control over the TV. I also like football (American) and my favorite team is the Denver Broncos.

I love to read mystery novels and history books and I spend some of my free time with the Animal Welfare League.

I would like to learn Russian, Italian, and German. Hopefully, one day I will.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
welcome to the board, tracylynn! hope to see you posting often! :) don't feel shy, jump right in! :rock:

sk8tngcanuck

On the Ice
Hi all!

I am a 33 year old mother of a terrific 11 year old son and a beautiful 9 year old daughter. My husband and I have been together for almost 13 years now. My love of skating began when I was young, probably about 11 or so, and was really fuelled by the infamous 88 Olympics. I have passed on my love for the sport to my daughter. She eats and breathes skating, and for being so young has shown tremendous dedication to it. This is her last year skating test stream, as she will be switching to competitive next year - scary! At 9 she has a double sal and double toe and the loop is almost there.

I was a regular at the old "About" forum, and came over here with all these terrific people when it shut down.

Canuck