Evan Lysacek announces his free skate music on his official website | Golden Skate

Evan Lysacek announces his free skate music on his official website

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Evan Lysacek Online
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/evanlysacek/

In the August 25, 2005, journal entry that Evan posted on his official website, Evan exclusively announced the music that he and his choreographer Oleg Epstein have chosen for his 2005 - 2006 free skate.

He will debut his free skate at the Campbell's Classic on October 8th, in St. Paul, Minnesota, while his Gypsy Kings short program will debut at Skate America, October 20th - October 23rd, in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

In order to clarify some of the free skate information that he discussed in his August 25th journal entry, Evan Lysacek posted a brief journal entry on his official website on Friday afternoon.

Visit his official website (http://www.figureskatersonline.com/evanlysacek) to read his August 25th and August 26th entries.

Please note: In order to ensure that all visitors to Evan Lysacek Online are viewing Evan's newest journal entry correctly, please do not directly link to his newest journal entry.

Last edited:

thisthingcalledlove

Final Flight
FSOWebmaster said:
Evan Lysacek Online
http://www.figureskatersonline.com/evanlysacek/

In the August 25, 2005, journal entry that Evan posted on his official website, Evan exclusively announced the music that he and his choreographer Oleg Epstein have chosen for his 2005 - 2006 free skate.

He will debut his free skate at the Campbell's Classic on October 8th, in St. Paul, Minnesota, while his Gypsy Kings short program will debut at Skate America, October 20th - October 23rd, in Atlantic City, New Jersey.

Please note: In order to ensure that all visitors to Evan Lysacek Online are viewing Evan's newest journal entry correctly, please do not directly link to his newest journal entry.

the free skate is something that is familiar to us audiences. i have a feeling it'll be very well received!

Sk8harvest

Rinkside
He is not skating to Grease! At least I don't think so...

chania36 said:
WOW, what a gutsy skater, he will skate on Grease for his long program...

Actually, he said he wanted to skate to Grease, but he couldn't (I'm not sure why, perhaps the music didn't work for him???) When you get to his journal it only shows a quote from his entry. If you click on the date you get a window with the full entry. What he said is that in the end he had original music written and recorded for his freeskate. He says it will be fast paced, so perhaps it will be similar to Grease. I love the fact that he has orginal music.

Too bad about Grease! when a skater and his coach agree on the music that's a start for a good program.

No matter. Go Evan.

Joe

emma

Record Breaker
well this will be really interesting...can't wait to hear the music and see him skate to it!

pollyls

Rinkside
Original music!

I deeply dig skaters commissioning music from composers. Of course I'm biased, since I am in fact a composer. :) But as a fan, I'm so relieved not to have to hear a chestnut/warhorse piece again. Here's hoping Evan has the music that will show us a whole new side of him. :clap:

IDLERACER

Medalist
Frankly, I don't think there could possibly be worse music to skate to than "Grease," whether it be the original cast album or the 1978 movie soundtrack. Songs like "Beauty School Drop-Out" and "Freddie My Love" are extremely light-weight and cornball, and "Summer Nights" is just a variation on "Louie Louie" chords. It might make for a pleasant exhibition program, however.

Frau Muller

Final Flight
So to what the heck *is* Evan skating his long program? Grease? No-Grease? Fifties-style tunes composed for him....or Grease tunes reworked by an arranger????

Why can't Evan be a bit straighter in his journal?

emma

Record Breaker
Frau Muller said:
So to what the heck *is* Evan skating his long program? Grease? No-Grease? Fifties-style tunes composed for him....or Grease tunes reworked by an arranger????

Why can't Evan be a bit straighter in his journal?

Basically, it seems he intentionally (imo) didn't tell us what the music was like other than to say it is fast; and that he wanted to skate to Grease but it wasn't working out so he/his team commissioned someone to make music for him, which is fast. I guess we will find out in october if it has a 50's style to it or not.

I can't wait to see the program....I have a hard time with Grease being anybody's favorite movie...but we all march to the beat of a different drummer (or something like that).

FSOWebmaster

On the Ice
Evan Lysacek posted a new journal entry on 8/26 to clarify his free skate information

In order to clarify some of the free skate information that he discussed in his August 25th journal entry, Evan Lysacek posted a brief journal entry on his official website on Friday afternoon.

Visit his official website (http://www.figureskatersonline.com/evanlysacek) to read his August 25th and August 26th entries.

heyang

Record Breaker
I interpreted his journal entry as 'he is skating to a rearrangement of Grease songs'

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
It sounds interesting and hey, at least he went outside the norm and picked something different. I look foward to seeing the debut when Campbells airs this fall. I do want to know if he's going to be wearing pleather for this number though, LOL :rock:

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
It does not matter to me what music (old or new) a skater is using, IF she/he interprets it well and has a great choreography. I´m looking forward to Evan´s programmes. Weir, Lambiel, Lysacek and Plushenko, they are the singles skaters that interest me most.

Last edited:
S

SkateFan4Life

Hey, I'd like to see Evan skate to music from "Grease". He can wear his dark hair slicked-back like Elvis, and he can try to dance on the ice like John Travolta.

Good luck, Evan. Go for it!