Hit The Ice - 1943 | Golden Skate

Hit The Ice - 1943

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Last edited:
What program do I need to play an "mp4" file? I have windows media player, divx, real player :)disagree:) and quicktime.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Mathman said:
What program do I need to play an "mp4" file? I have windows media player, divx, real player :)disagree:) and quicktime.
Should be what ever you have assigned, but Quicktime is my standby. iTunes was my default.....this is puzzeling, I thought RD help me discover this was the most cross platform friendly file type to use. I hope it works for you MM, I really think you in particular will like it. Plus you might know some of the skaters. There is no guarantee, but the little kid in there might have grown up to be a competitor...or something?

I hope the:disagree: was for Realplayer, I feel the same way about it.

I am so bummed, I wanted everyone who wanted to see it to be nice and easy for them:frown:

Last edited:
I'm still having trouble with this. I get an error message that says, "File doesn't have an iods atom" (?)

What I don't like about realplayer (besides the fact that it is kind of temperamental -- sometimes it plays, sometimes not...and besides the fact that the later versions are huge resource hogs...) is that they constantly pester you with ads, popups, offers for upgrades, etc. My firewall is always telling me, "Realplayer is at it again, trying to fiddle with your files and settings without your knowledge."

Plus -- they are in cohoots with AOL (my email account). Whenever I disinstall realplayer, then go to AOL, they install it again so they (AOL) can play little videos for me on the AOL site that I don't want to see!

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, those are just so cute. Math, I wished you were able to view them. I was able to open in Quicktime. I wish I could help.

Dee

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Thanks a million for that! My skating days don't go back as far as 1943, but when I started figure skating in the late 60s (1967) skating was still very similar to these clips. I remember wearing costumes much like the ladies had on. It was a real treat to watch these clips - as simple as they are. Thanks again. Costello was a hoot.

:biggrin:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Math, try opening with Quicktime or iTunes. My niece put the Costello clip on her iPod. The larger is a .mov so QT should be you default - have you updated QT lately? And "death to RealOnePlayer" - well there are a couple of clips I have of Shizuka I have with it so I guess I keep it for now.

..or http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I am glad those of you who can play it liked it. BTW, in the movie, the singers and band are more featured then the skating during that song. The couple meeting and their skate were parts scattered about I put in to fill all the "band and singer" scenes. Because I knew what the majority would want to see here at GS.

Last edited:

IDLERACER

Medalist
I downloaded both the high fidelity and low fidelity versions. I tried opening both of them with Windows Media Player, Realplayer, Quicktime, Musicmatch and Inter Actual Player. Every one of them gave me the audio with no visuals.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Everything I find says "try Quicktime." and then the person asking would say "thanks." So I would think up dating QT would be the answer. You should not need pro, many of the forums I read on the topic said it wasn't necessary.

I guess my other suggestion would be
http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

I don't know for sure that will fix it for you all, But I am doubting that it is a Windows / Mac thing.

Sorry, but I did use the recent H264 for compression to make them nice and small.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, doesn't codecs have something to do with not being able to play videos. I know one Alexei board I go to the person who uploads for us to download had me download DivX player after I did I was able to play everything. She said it had to do with the codec that the DivX player has. The DivX player is free. I don't know if that has anything to do with anything.

I forgot to say that the DivX player has the codec that WM is missing.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
:yes: iods atom is a codec as far as I know.
This could help if it is loadable on the Win OS being usedhttp://www.divx.com/divx/windows/

Could help, and they are current on the site above. I get them with my QT updates and forget that QT is running a more current for Macs. But it doesn't send them with the file. iTunes Music store is running into people getting the files and not being able to play them because they don't include them with the download. I compressed using iMovie '05 and thought that would help with everyone possibly not being up to date. This also might be an issue of the OS of the Windows being run (2000 vs XP) - something else I tend to for get about Win.

Last edited:

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The reason I brought up the DivX codec was I couldn't play my Windows media player when I first got the computer or should I say I couldn't play the downloaded files until I downloaded DivX player.

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
DivX could be a solution DEE, you were very wise to bring that up. The codec itself could be very helpful in the future and the player - of course containing it as well - is a good way to see some of the HD things that are out or soon to be.:yes:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Anyone still having issues getting files to play?

Math, IDLERACER??? Were Dee and my suggestions helpful?

RedDog, any thoughts?

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Where is that dog when you need him??? :laugh: :laugh:

Dee

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thought I might try something different. Supposedly, you could copy this file onto a CD and It will work in a PlayStation. I am going to give that a shot later:laugh:
I compressed them with DivX.
http://www.divx.com/ - this should recognize your OS and make the correct version available for free.

Hit the Ice 1 in Divx format

I would love to know how it works.

Thanks DEE for the input!