Movies that still make you Cry? | Golden Skate

Movies that still make you Cry?

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Movies you have seen more then once and got the tears or "swelling sniffles" coming each time...

The Princess Bride
Ice Castles
Mulan - most Disney animated or not.
Memoirs of a Geisha
Spirited Away
Somewhere In Time
Eat Drink Man Woman - like 6 times in the movie:laugh:
Rase The Red Lantern
It's a Wonderful life

What is it about Movies, or the stinking Lifetime channel, Oh and the torture of the "Hallmark Movies?"

For me It would be just about any movie that has the Romantic factor involved. Especially those "Happy Crys," And if I see a girl in the theater crying I am a loss then and forever with that movie.

Funny thing though, real situations or even Documentaries and sad news usually don't get to me (sometimes FS has got me too). Even attended to a death roadside and didn't choke up and still don't thinking about it, CPR / First Aid training I guess. But every once and a while.....:cry:

Or don't movies make you ever cry?

Last edited:

Piel

On Edge
Record Breaker
Steele Magnolias - the scene at Shelby's grave when M'lynn breaks down gets me every time

West Side Story - when Tony dies

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
Somewhere in Time....always gets me

Fiddler on the Roof...."Sunrise, Sunset" is SO bittersweet. And at the end when they're showing the three daughters in a ballet sequence, I totally choke up.

Schindler's List...obviousley sad. Very bittersweet at the end, when the workers give Oskar that gold ring.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Schindler's List - especially when Oskar Schindler said, "I could have done more."

Mr. Holland's Opus - when Mr. Holland is honored with his students performing his symphony

Arianne

On the Ice
Dragon Heart always makes me weep!

Has anyone seen Seal Morning? That movie scarred my childhood!

My Mom banned my brother and I from watching the Fox and the Hound when we were little because we would cry the whole day through when we watched it!

I understand the younger generation do not like to look at black and white films. Well, if you want a good cry try a film called "Penny Serenade" with Cary Grant and Irene Dunne.

Joe

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
"The Color Purple"

The FIRST part that gets me is when Mister throws Nettie out of the house and seperates (literally) her and Celie and sends her down the road by throwing rocks at her. And the last scene always gets me, too. Wow. I'm tearing up just thinking about it.....:biggrin: And it seems to me the last time I saw it, there was a THIRD scene that got to me for some reason that didn't before, but it's been a while and I can't remember what point it was now.

Wolfgang

On the Ice
Speaking of Black & White, Waterloo Bridge with Vivien Leigh is a pretty good tear jerker.
So's The Man who came for Christmas, a forgotten William Holden (I think) effort.

This is not a movie, but there is a version of Den lille pige med solstikkerne(The Little Matchstick Girl) by Hans Christian Andersen on one of my CD's, except it's a kitten instead of a little girl.......oh my........

megsk8z

On the Ice
Harold & Maude. Every single time and I'll bet I've watched it 50 times.

Oh, and Stella Dallas.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
To Kill a Mockingbird
The Yearling
The Grass Harp

...to name a few....

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Schindler's List - especially when Oskar Schindler said, "I could have done more."

is that the line or is it "I could have gotten[saved?] just one more" ? I've only seen the film once, and I was 14... so I didn't appreciate it the way I probably would now

I need to remember to rent it next time I'm at blockbuster... one of Spielberg's best!:clap:

anyway movies that make me cry

Father of the Bride (remake)
The DisneyWorld Vacation Planning Kit (but I think that's just me getting excited for Duane lol)

I don't tend to cry at movies, even if they are extremely emotional... as Chandler Bing would say "I'm dead inside!"

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
... as Chandler Bing would say "I'm dead inside!"
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Toni, you crack me up!!

I cry at the end of Schindler's List too..........what a powerful movie.

Oh shoot, now I can't think of the name of the movie but it's an oldie. The mother is black (very dark) and she's a maid for a wealthy woman. Her daughter is black but has light skin and she seemed ashamed that she was black. Anyhow the wealthy woman is very good to the mother and daughter. The black mother dies and wants to have white horses pulling her body in a coach. The end of the story shows the daughter running after the coach crying......Mama, Mama. :cry: :cry:

Flight 93

Bambi

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
thanks ;)

I forgot one: "What A Girl Wants" (Amanda Bynes, Colin Firth) ... total daddy's girl movie!

Kwanford Wife

Record Breaker
Terms of Enderment
Gone with the Wind
Raise the Red Lantern
Memoirs of a Geisha
Just about anything Disney (with the exception of the Little Mermaid... that just disgusts me...)
Soul Food
Love Jones (when he rushes to the train station and she doesn't look out the window...)
Malcolm X
Cold Mountain (even though I feel forced into crying...)

And so many more... I'm a big ol' baby...

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
KW, I think Red Dog is mad at us from the thread on Masha!!!

Dee

Theatregirl1122

On the Ice
One that always get's me is Pay It Forward. I cannot watch that movie, ever.

Rent, Every time I see the movie and every time I see the play, and some times when I listen to the CD.
Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya Sisterhood, When Jack dies, I always cry.
Roots, I cry all the way through this mini-series.
Pearl Harbour, I cried through that 3 times in theatres.
The Fox and the Hound, and many other disney movies.

Schindler's List- At the end. Oh and he says "I didn't do enough" and Itzhak Stern says "You did so much." Then he talks about the car and the pin. Then he says "I could have gotten one more person... and I didn't! And I... I didn't!"
So iluvtodd and Tonichelle were both right.