Changing opinions after watching LIVE | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Changing opinions after watching LIVE

Guinevere--
Re Abt and your friend saying
guinevere said:
"You are amazing...it's just..uh...your knees...WOW..."
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That is it! Those knees, wow BABY!
Rgirl, By Abt Transformed

SkateCynic

Rinkside
1. Are there any skaters who you gained a new appreciation for after seeing them live?

Several - I never understood the hoopla over Abt until seeing him at SA last season. There is an energy and enthusiastic abandon to his skating, esp. his short program that was very engaging and captivating (not to mention you just can't help but be drawn to the *ahem* interesting costume choices). Joubert is another one - he grabbed the whole arena's attention during his SP (then again I'm biased - I'm a huge Pink Floyd fan ;) ). Although I find Matt Savoie rather dull on TV, his programs live were a lot more enjoyable.

I also gained a new appreciation for Elena Liashenko and was very glad to see her on the podium at SA. While Michelle still is not one of my favorites, I was quite impressed with her speed and flow on the ice, her command, and her confidence.

2. Which skaters "look better" on TV?

IMO, Viktoria. She was the only skater I've seen live where I've actually started thumbing through my program. No confidence, no real polish, no sense of enjoyment at being on the ice.

Also, AP was not as engaging - I didn't sense she connected with her music at all in her LP.

3. What are some of your favorite skaters-that you have seen live?

Alexei Yagudin, Brian Joubert, Belbin & Agosto (sadly, I have yet to see many of my favorites live :( )