MomiBu passed away at 71 | Golden Skate

MomiBu passed away at 71

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Many of you were all so thoughtful and gave much appreciated prayers for my mom's health and well being. I want you all to know she appreciated every comment and she will miss the times we talked about recipes and other things here. She often asked about some of you - mostly how is Grganny is doing, but very often inquired about my activity and correspondence here - sometimes it was "what do you think your figure skating friends think about..." topics.

The video / slide show memorial is NOW / NEW posted on Metcafé -

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2926926/donna_lee/

Music included. Much better with the music!

The turn out was huge for her memorial and as much as we have cried we have also laughed in remembrance.

She got to see 8 grandchildren and 2 great grands - Shannon being the last grandchild she held.

I am very choked up to say that she did accept Jia Min as my wife although we are not Married yet and Mom so wanted to be a part of - but I think she will be anyway. I will always remember her leaning over the hospital bed to give Mom a kiss and tell her she loves her new mom and Mom saying how welcome she is to this family. We all never got to sit down at home and have that dinner where Mom and Jia would eat all the stuff I can't even look at telling each other how good it is and I should try it, but I think they know how much they had in common although they came from 2 completely different worlds and I will always see many things in Jia that will remind me of my Mom.

I am sorry as I am sure may of you are to see her go, but we should celebrate her not having anymore pain. She would want everyone to know that she felt like she was not the best she felt she could be as a mother but a INCREDIBLE grandma - that is her own wish. And the grand kids will agree.

Last edited:
I am sorry for your loss, Sean. I am sure your wife and daughter are a strength to you in your time of grief.

heyang

Record Breaker
Sorry to hear this news. Make sure you tell your daughter stories about her grandma - the kids really do enjoy hearing them. My nephew once said to me 'I wish I got a chance to meet grandpa.' You know that you've passed on the right stories if they say stuff like that...

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
Oh my, how sad. My prayers are with you. It does get better with time.
I'm sure you have lots of great memories.
You should be very proud you were able to stay and help her a few years ago.
You never get over wanting to ask or tell your loved ones things. I know I wish I had asked all of my ancestors about life when they were young. God bless you.
I feel a little special that I was mentioned.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Seanibu, My heart goes out to you in your loss. Your mom sounds like a wonderful person, who left behind special memories.

Grgranny, I did think to ask my relatives just that. When I was four, I used to ask my relatives what they used to do when they were my age. They all said, "I don't remember." It scared me to death. It was like in a few years, I wasn't going to exist, because even I would have forgotten the four year old me. Later I did manage to get them to tell more of their stories, and I only wish I had asked for even more.

just wondering

On the Ice
What a lovely tribute. Thank you for sharing your great love and admiration for your mother. I am deeply sorry for your loss.

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Dearest Sean, so sorry to hear about your mom...I know how you feel. You did a super job on your mom's memorial.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
So sorry to hear about your loss. I watched the video but the sound was not working. What a great job you did on the video.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sean, I am so sorry for your loss. The video tribute was lovely. May you treasure all the beautiful memories forever.

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Thank you for your words and viewing the video memorial. It really might be a surprise to some how often this G.S. Forum was topic with my mom and I - with her asking.

The video / slide show memorial is NOW / NEW posted on Metcafé -

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2926926/donna_lee/

Music included. Much better with the music!

Thank you again everyone for the nice thoughts and prayers.

dlkksk8fan

Medalist
Sean, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your mom. The memorial video is such a nice way to remember her. Thanks for sharing.

CzarinaAnya

Medalist
I'm so sorry, Sean. *hug* I can't imagine losing my Mom.
She'll always be your angel, and watching over little Shannon. *hug*

Buzzz

Final Flight
Sorry for your loss and thanks for sharing the video with us. May god bless you and your family.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I am so sorry for the loss of your mother. Thank you for letting us share
your wonderful tribute video.