Daisuke Takahashi plans to compete in Nebelhorn Trophy | Golden Skate

Daisuke Takahashi plans to compete in Nebelhorn Trophy

Morning Glory

On the Ice
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090616-00000005-sanspo-spo

Here is a brief summary, sorry for my poor English though.

Daisuke Takahashi plans to comete in the Nebelhorn Trophy held in September 24th-27th. Before his first GP event, the NHK Trophy held in November 5th-8th, he plans to compete in some international events in order to earn the ISU ranking points. Taking into consideration the starting order of SP at the Olympics, he and JSF think that he must raise the ISU ranking higher.

At the Olympics, is the starting order of SP decided by ISU ranking?

other articles:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090614-00000548-yom-spo
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090615-00000004-sanspo-spo
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090614-00000553-san-spo

Daisuke Takahashi resumed his training on the ice at April and jump training around the middle of May, and now he can do triple jumps.

While he could not do jump training, he focused on the training for steps and skating skills thoroughly, so he is sure that he has made progress on such sections, especially slow movements which he was not good at before.

Photos:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090614-00000035-jijp-spo.view-000
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20090614-00000548-yom-spo.view-000

I can not wait to see his comback:)

Last edited:
I see he still enjoys hair art.

He looks very thin.

I don't know who I'm more nervous for - him, Sasha, Johnny, or S/Z!

Anyway, welcome back to Daisuke. What a tough one he is. An amazing guy. :clap:

In terms of the ISU rankings, those extra events like Neberhorn can add up. Thanks to a couple of B events, Carolina Kostner is the number one ranked lady, ahead of Kim (2nd) and Asada (3rd).

On the men's side, Verner is leading, again because of winning some B events. Van der Perren is 4th, ahead of Joubert.

Not many skaters outside of Europe attend these competitions.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Just to clarify, though, he won't be able to earn an Olympic slot this way, right? That'll be assigned by Japan using the three slots earned from Worlds... right?

Buttercup

Record Breaker
In terms of the ISU rankings, those extra events like Neberhorn can add up. Thanks to a couple of B events, Carolina Kostner is the number one ranked lady, ahead of Kim (2nd) and Asada (3rd).

On the men's side, Verner is leading, again because of winning some B events. Van der Perren is 4th, ahead of Joubert.
I wonder if Caro will stop doing these events should she end up with the coach who doesn't work in the same geographical area. With the men, it seems like Verner is always leading because of those senior Bs. In Joubert's case, his drop in the standings is mostly due to missing some GP events due to injuries and illness (2007-8 TEB, which meant no GPF; and 2008-9 GPF).

ImaginaryPogue, you're right, this is not for qualification, Dai probably just wants to get back into competition and see how he does, and maybe work on some stuff.

eleonora.d

On the Ice
Just to clarify, though, he won't be able to earn an Olympic slot this way, right? That'll be assigned by Japan using the three slots earned from Worlds... right?

Right. Slots do not "belong" to anyone except to federations that can manage them the way they want to. Also, there is no chance to earn extra spots for countries who already gained some at Worlds 2009.

alekzu

Rinkside
I am so happy to hear this! I will most definetely try to go. I won't get any other chances this season to see Dai. Now all I need to know is how do I get there, where will I stay, do I have to go alone and how much does it cost? If I'm really lucky and I get to stay where I am right now on work I won't even have to take a vacation to go there. Man I am sooooo happy right now.... :love:

Edit: Hmmm.... Getting there might be easier said than done... Can't he do Finlandia Trophy as well? :think:

Last edited:
I'm very happy he's back. I first saw him in 2004 Worlds and I was very impressed with what I believed was his debut. Hope his successful surgery will last a long time. It's nice to have him in this upcoming mix of super male skaters.

seniorita

Record Breaker
where is nebelhorn trophy in germany?i would love to see takahashi live, probably my only opportunity if they dont take us volunteers in olympics.

seniorita

Record Breaker
oh thats far a little bit, i was hoping i could jump from brussels faster, thank you for links, i ll search the trains :)

Medusa

Record Breaker
oh thats far a little bit, i was hoping i could jump from brussels faster, thank you for links, i ll search the trains :)
It's like really really far away.

I thought the same a few weeks ago "It's the Olympic Qualifier - let's go to Obersdorf this year!", only to find out that Obersdorf is right on the other side of the country and with the pricey German trains - no chance. Really, for that money I would pay on that, I could go to Paris and back like three times.

alekzu

Rinkside
It's like really really far away.

I thought the same a few weeks ago "It's the Olympic Qualifier - let's go to Obersdorf this year!", only to find out that Obersdorf is right on the other side of the country and with the pricey German trains - no chance. Really, for that money I would pay on that, I could go to Paris and back like three times.

It's that expensive going by train? Ironically my best option is train.... Yes, even here from Sweden. I didn't think getting there would be such a problem.... Going to Paris is expensive from here, but it's easy to get there. I thought this could be the better option. *sighs*

Please Dai-chan, won't you go to Finland as well? *puppy-eyes*