World title brings new attention to Lysacek | Golden Skate

World title brings new attention to Lysacek

wow - Nice things are happening for Evan. Modelling for Coca Cola, and working with DNA Modelling Agency, and Designer Ralph Loren. Is he competing with Johnny in the fashion field as well?

DaveT

On the Ice
wow - Nice things are happening for Evan. Modelling for Coca Cola, and working with DNA Modelling Agency, and Designer Ralph Loren. Is he competing with Johnny in the fashion field as well?

You forgot his costumes will be designed by Vera Wang.

seniorita

Record Breaker
some days ago i learnt he is half greek from his mum side, maybe I start rooting for him now to take some national pride:)..?

seniorita

Record Breaker
thanx you mention them, it is nice to see someone on the tops, usually any greek participating in fs, ends up in the bottom:rolleye:

janetfan

Match Penalty
some days ago i learnt he is half greek from his mum side, maybe I start rooting for him now to take some national pride:)..?

So at last you appreciate Evan's arm flapping. His Greek blood makes him use his arms like "Icarus" trying to fly away. ;)
Kirov style is for the other skaters :p

seniorita

Record Breaker
It is just Lysacek 's arms and legs too long and his skate just not my style. But maybe now I ll change my mind and look him different. He is kind of cute anyway:p
But you confuse me with Ant.:eek: Me, i m fine with arm flailing, pelvic thrusting etc, remember?;) My theory is , if you need to do those kind of things, at least do them well:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
But you confuse me with Ant.:eek: Me, i m fine with arm flailing, pelvic thrusting etc, remember?;) My theory is , if you need to do those kind of things, at least do them well:laugh:
But then who does Ant like ????

I stopped reading at pelvic thrusting. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Medusa

Record Breaker
It is just Lysacek 's arms and legs too long and his skate just not my style. But maybe now I ll change my mind and look him different. He is kind of cute anyway:p
Lysacek's sitspin is so fantastic, I totally love it. That's all... I like about him. Oh, and I admire his competitive spirit and his mental strength.
But then who does Ant like ????
Ant likes Joubert, he said it a week ago. Despite the pelvic thrusting.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Seems like Evan is having a happy summer.
I can't wait to see the Ralph Lauren ads (crosses fingers for underwear ads :love:)

I hope to see him on the ice soon.

janetfan

Match Penalty
Lysacek's sitspin is so fantastic, I totally love it. That's all... I like about him. Oh, and I admire his competitive spirit and his mental strength.

Ant likes Joubert, he said it a week ago. Despite the pelvic thrusting.

Seniorita said she likes pelvic thrusting "as long as it is done well." :yes:
Does this mean that Joubert's pelvic thrusts are superior to Evan's ;)
And where would this leave Plushy? Is his pelvic thrust inferior? :p

I agree with you that Evan has a good competitive spirit medusa.. Sometimes that is worth a lot under the pressure of competition.

Last edited:

seniorita

Record Breaker
hey, I didnt say I like it, but as long as it doesnt look like the skater just came back from moulin rouge i m fine with it..or if you skate sexbomb to a golden thing I m also fine;)..no, joubert 's pelvic moves are horrifying for me..and i havent seen plush shake his hips in a competitive program since long time ago..
I dont remember evan doing this anyway....only some face touching..
I agree for his nerves and compepetitive spirit, I think it is the one thing that drove him on the top.
Underwear ads?I m changing favorite:biggrin:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Underwear ads?I m changing favorite:biggrin:
Well, for underwear ads I would have a wish list - and that doesn't really include Lysacek. I am thinking of a certain Frenchman, a couple of hot Russians, a certain Czech and one American pair skater...

kittyjake5

On the Ice
Thanks for the link. I am happy for Evan. He is a hard working athlete and it is nice to hear that he is popular among the advertisers as well as his fans.

Wrlmy

Medalist
Well, for underwear ads I would have a wish list - and that doesn't really include Lysacek. I am thinking of a certain Frenchman, a couple of hot Russians, a certain Czech and one American pair skater...

Could you be any more specific?:laugh: Of course unless you meant Alban Preaubert, younger Uspenski, Plush and John Baldwin

I am so happy for Evan for his accomplishments and all these awesome opportunities. He has well represented team USA for years, and he deserves every bit of fame and wealth. Plus, he's never forgotten to give back to the society.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Could you be any more specific?:laugh: Of course unless you meant Alban Preaubert, younger Uspenski, Plush and John Baldwin
You are so mean.

I was thinking of Joubert, Smirnov, Trankov, Shabalin, Verner, Brubaker, Bourzat...

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I was thinking of Joubert, Smirnov, Trankov, Shabalin, Verner, Brubaker, Bourzat...
Will they all be in the same ad? Or in a bunch of different ones :laugh:.

There are no superior pelvic thrusts in skating. In fact, it should be a catch pharse, just like "there's no crying in baseball". It's just wrong. No.

And on a slightly more serious note, I share Medusa's assessment of Evan. I respect what he's done in his career, but he's just so... generic, I guess, for lack of a better term. I'm never surprised, or wowed, or inspired, by any of his programs. He goes out on the ice and skates competently and with a lot of commitment to what he's doing, which is very nice, but he's just not very interesting to watch IMO. And the music choices are blah. His sit spin is fantastic, though.