Where are they now? | Golden Skate

Where are they now?

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Since it's the off season I thought it might be time for catching up on some skaters I haven't seen at Nationals for a while :biggrin:

What is Jennifer Don up to? She was skating for Chinese Taipei but I haven't seen her at Worlds. Is she still skating? I thought I read somewhere she was doing some commentary but never heard anything more about that either. I certainly enjoyed watching her at Nationals - she had a lot of personality.

Megan Williams-Stewart is a lovely skater. Always liked her skating dress and her music. I believe she was going to skate for Puerto Rico. Anyone heard anything about her? Might we see her at the Olympics?

Maureen

Sylvia

Record Breaker
Jennifer Don is listed as a one of the professional coaches at the Culver Ice Arena in the L.A. area. Her last U.S. Nationals was in 2005 (6th in Senior Pairs with Jonathon Hunt, with whom she competed in 2 Senior Grand Prix events in the fall of 2004). Her most recent international competition for Chinese Taipei (Taiwan) was the 2007 Winter University Games in Torino in 2007 -- link to her ISU bio: http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00005971.htm
I assume she has retired from competitive skating, but I don't know for sure.

Megan Williams-Stewart competed in her first Puerto Rican National Championships in January 2009. IIRC, I believe she may have skated with an injury? She placed second to Victoria Muniz who competed at 2009 Worlds. Puerto Rico will have to send skaters to compete at the Olympic Qualifying competition (Nebelhorn Trophy in Oberstdorf, September 23-26, 2009) if they want a shot at qualifying a male and/or a female singles skater for the 2010 Olympics.